Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nnamdi vs Revis
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is better?
Revis
34%
 34%  [ 75 ]
Asomugha
65%
 65%  [ 145 ]
Total Votes : 220

antwanh5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Nnamdi vs Revis Reply with quote

Who is better and why?

I stumbled upon a thread in the Jets forum and they were just creaming this guy on how Revis is better than Nnamdi.

I for one don't even think it's close to who is better. I think it's Nnamdi but convince me Revis is better. I'm open to reasons why he isn't better than Revis.

The way I see it is you dont give up big 1st down 1 on 1 with a TE and you don't give up those higlight real TDs.
Mr Know It All

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scabble only covers one side of the field. Therefore its not hard for any OC to put their best WR on the opposite side.

Revis on the other hand covers anyone anywhere and often times has no underneath help, nor help over the top because the Jets blitz so much.

That why they call it REVIS ISLAND

NFL: CHARGERS and COWBOYS
MLB: RANGERS and REDSOX
NBA: THUNDER and MAVERICKS
NCAA: OKLAHOMA
Mr Know It All

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW this Topic is been worn out for a while now

NFL: CHARGERS and COWBOYS
MLB: RANGERS and REDSOX
NBA: THUNDER and MAVERICKS
NCAA: OKLAHOMA
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Know It All wrote:
Scabble only covers one side of the field. Therefore its not hard for any OC to put their best WR on the opposite side.

Revis on the other hand covers anyone anywhere and often times has no underneath help, nor help over the top because the Jets blitz so much.

The problem with that, however, if you put your WR on the opposite side of the field, say the left side, and your QB is right handed, the QBs vision is restricted to getting the ball out there compared to if that receiver was on the right side.

You could put your best WR on the left side, but the QB may have a more difficult time seeing the field on his side to even get him the ball.

This is a difficult question, however, i would probably lean towards Revis right now. I think his versatility gives him a big advantage and he has a better knack for making plays.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again with this?

Revis is better all around.

Mack on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Scrabble's attitude, but Revis is a little better

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Know It All wrote:

Nnamdi has done that as well but does that matter? Deion played one side of the field. Champ played one side of the field.

Did you just say he has no help!?!? That's hilarious. Nnamdi gets no help all game save a couple of plays. Revis on the other hand gets help a lot more often.
antwanh5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I like Scrabble's attitude, but Revis is a little better

How though? This is the argument I hear a lot but it doesnt say much at all
antwanh5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Mr Know It All wrote:

The problem with that, however, if you put your WR on the opposite side of the field, say the left side, and your QB is right handed, the QBs vision is restricted to getting the ball out there compared to if that receiver was on the right side.

You could put your best WR on the left side, but the QB may have a more difficult time seeing the field on his side to even get him the ball.

This is a difficult question, however, i would probably lean towards Revis right now. I think his versatility gives him a big advantage and he has a better knack for making plays.

How does he have a better knack for making plays?
Nnamdi has made a ton of plays when given the chance and the last time he was tested he got 8 picks. Revis has never had a season like that.
yrba1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Know It All wrote:

Too bad Revis Island is located on Planet Asomugha.

I'll take Revis simply because of age, Asomugha may still be in the right side of 30 but it's starting to go the opposite way.

Btw how many times was this thread resurrected?
VAboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Know It All wrote:

Ditto to the above, and I'll add that Revis shut down every big name wide receiver under the sun in the 2009 season. He wasn't fully healthy last season, but he still played extremely well, he also held Reggie Wayne to 1 catch for 1 yard in the playoffs. I also think that Revis can play zone coverage better than Nnamdi, but at the same time he can play man just as well. Revis is better IMO.

Much thanks to Jamison on the sig!

Sig bet- Julius Peppers will have more sacks next year than Demarcus Ware.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnamdi played all over the field following the #1 last year so this argument that he only plays one side of the field is invalid.

I'm taking Nnamdi slightly, he's been doing his thing for years now. Revis may overtake him in a year or so.
antwanh5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VAboy wrote:
Mr Know It All wrote:

Ditto to the above, and I'll add that Revis shut down every big name wide receiver under the sun in the 2009 season. He wasn't fully healthy last season, but he still played extremely well, he also held Reggie Wayne to 1 catch for 1 yard in the playoffs. I also think that Revis can play zone coverage better than Nnamdi, but at the same time he can play man just as well. Revis is better IMO.

Well Nnamdi plays zone maybe one time a game

Everything you stated has also been done by Aso.

Nnamdi has faced Wayne and 1 game 0 catches and another 1 catch.

Btw how does he play man better when he us tested more and gives up more Tds?
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Nnamdi vs Revis Reply with quote

antwanh5 wrote:
Who is better and why?

I stumbled upon a thread in the Jets forum and they were just creaming this guy on how Revis is better than Nnamdi.

I for one don't even think it's close to who is better. I think it's Nnamdi but convince me Revis is better. I'm open to reasons why he isn't better than Revis.

The way I see it is you dont give up big 1st down 1 on 1 with a TE and you don't give up those higlight real TDs.

This topic has been covered many times on this board, we already know that Nnamdi is going to get more votes here. Revis gets more national attention as the best CB in football and will continue to get that.

Why surprised with Jets fans saying Revis is better? We have seen own WRs for years now and at such a young age, would be extremely hard to play better than what he did in 2009 IMO. I don't care if he was targeted, I don't say a CB is better than another just because he had less targets. He was the main reason our defense was so good against the pass, last year they didn't do the same thing because of his holdout and injury. But once he got healthy he was still shutting down elite WRs. I don't care if a player was targeted, if the guy was shutdown he was shutdown. I wouldn't trade Revis for any CB in the league.

The Jets defense will probably do the same thing they did in 2009 with Revis in camp on time and hopefully healthy, along with them possibly losing Cromartie and if Wilson starts definitely need to shift help towards him and everyone else.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
VAboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antwanh5 wrote:
VAboy wrote:
Mr Know It All wrote:

Well Nnamdi plays zone maybe one time a game

Everything you stated has also been done by Aso.

Nnamdi has faced Wayne and 1 game 0 catches and another 1 catch.

Btw how does he play man better when he us tested more and gives up more Tds?

I didn't say Revis plays man better, I said he plays it as well as Nnamdi IMO. I don't really know why Revis is thrown at more than Nnamdi, maybe because the Jets blitz more than the Raiders and the QB has to get rid of the ball quicker? Their both extremely talented though, it's just my preference to take Revis over Nnamdi.

Much thanks to Jamison on the sig!

Sig bet- Julius Peppers will have more sacks next year than Demarcus Ware.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: