Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official FF Technology Thread #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Just format after backing up your stuff. It cures whatever ales ya. And if it doesn't, it means you got serious hardware issues.

Yeah I might need to do that.

I need to back up all my photos and docs.

But everything else is easily replaceable.

I just reformat every 6-12 months. Keeps things clean. Though i find i have to do it less on Win7 than i did on XP.

Watch the amount of crapola you download (programs and such), and always make sure they start after startup. There's usually an option for that. Things like Dropbox, AIM, widgets, etc slow your computer down on startup if they're trying to load.

I also find that a computer runs better if you don't have accounts set up. If there are multiple accounts it gets really slow. I just disable them and have my computer boot straight to windows.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys i have a question but i didnt think it deserved its own thread, and it somewhat has to do with Technology. Well a site was asking for designs for t shirts, so i made one and sent it in. They said they liked it but they cant use images that are owned by someone else. How would i know what images are owned/unowned? Just a little extra information its a picture of Michael Vick and theres 4 of him, a blurry one, to a clear one . and this is what they had to say about it "you could black out the shaper of the image, from the left side of Vick to the right side." Basically i dont know what they mean by that statement. Anyone else read it as sometihng that makes sense? Thanks guys.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 40 Sacks: 3 FF: 1 Interceptions: 0
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i had to guess, you probably can't use any pictures of Vick (at least in a football jersey). Those are most likely owned by the NFL.

Just my guess, don't know for sure.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this belongs here or not.

I have a 32" 720op dynex LCD TV. I use an xbox slim to play DVDs.

Would I notice any difference with a bluray player, since it's only a 720p?

Thanks

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:

Thanks

Pretty much no difference if you compare DVDs on XBOX or Bluray player. If you play Blurays on the Bluray player you will definitely notice a difference even if only at 720p. It'll still be HD, and no matter how you upconvert DVDs, it's still not HD.

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

Thanks

Pretty much no difference if you compare DVDs on XBOX or Bluray player. If you play Blurays on the Bluray player you will definitely notice a difference even if only at 720p. It'll still be HD, and no matter how you upconvert DVDs, it's still not HD.

Ok. Time to start saving!

Any suggestions for a cheap bluray? I don't need all the features like wireless, or even internet access, because I can do all that through my xbox.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Any suggestions for a cheap bluray? I don't need all the features like wireless, or even internet access, because I can do all that through my xbox.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

Go with one of these. If you look at the negative reviews, vast majority are about firmware updates and networking issues, not many complaints about performance and quality of video/audio.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP-BD75-Ultra-Fast-Booting-Blu-ray/dp/B004GGK2JI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334942403&sr=8-2

Panasonic seems to make the best entry level BluRay players. There's little difference in my experience from the entry level to some of the ones selling for 100-300. When you go above $300, you get a decent boost.

91jmay

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTC One X anyone? Need a new smartphone, Iphone might be out of my price range. Anyone advise me what out of the next stage down price wise would be a good choice?

Nickname for Sio Moore and Khalil Mack.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
HTC One X anyone? Need a new smartphone, Iphone might be out of my price range. Anyone advise me what out of the next stage down price wise would be a good choice?

Nokia Lumia 900 is an incredible phone.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 40 Sacks: 3 FF: 1 Interceptions: 0
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just got a desktop with an i7-3770 chip but the desktop didn't come with a video card. Think I should get a discrete video card?

I'm not a PC gamer but I do want to edit HD videos and watch movies. And if so, which one do you recommend?

Mack on the sig
Strawman Theory

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
So I just got a desktop with an i7-3770 chip but the desktop didn't come with a video card. Think I should get a discrete video card?

I'm not a PC gamer but I do want to edit HD videos and watch movies. And if so, which one do you recommend?
Programs are only recently starting to allow for acceleration through the video card. The choice would be dependent on if your program supports it.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawman Theory wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:

Programs are only recently starting to allow for acceleration through the video card. The choice would be dependent on if your program supports it.

Ah alright. I'm not sure what program I'll be using, I just know I do want to do something like that in the future. I will look into which programs utilize video cards. thanks.

Mack on the sig
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and btw...

I'm looking at newegg and I'm seeing a radeon hd 7770 video card and also a 450 watt 80 plus bronze (cooler master branded) PSU. Both rated 5 stars, total is $170 ($140 after mail in rebates).

Question is, can I get away with using the 450 Watt PSU with the 7770? I know the AMD site says you need a 600 Watt PSU, but from reading around, AMD tends to exaggerate PSU requirements quite a bit so idk. I really want that 450 PSU b/c it's such a great deal.

Mack on the sig
Mossburg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
Oh and btw...

I'm looking at newegg and I'm seeing a radeon hd 7770 video card and also a 450 watt 80 plus bronze (cooler master branded) PSU. Both rated 5 stars, total is $170 ($140 after mail in rebates).

Question is, can I get away with using the 450 Watt PSU with the 7770? I know the AMD site says you need a 600 Watt PSU, but from reading around, AMD tends to exaggerate PSU requirements quite a bit so idk. I really want that 450 PSU b/c it's such a great deal.

Do you think you can rewire everything? Because changing the PSU is not as easy as taking out a video card and putting in a new one. You'll literally have to rewire all the hardware.

As far as the wattage goes, it's possible you'll be fine, but it depends how far your programs will push the GPU. I would think you will be fine, because editing programs are all about CPU at least for now, but I am not saying that with enough confidence to recommend it. If you can rewire, definitely get the new PSU.

I had a card that was at about 100W over than my PSU. I used it for gaming, and every now and then the system would lock up and crash.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 30 of 74

Jump to: