Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD: War Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: FFMD: War Room Reply with quote

Buffalo Bills
GM: dabs21nike
Assistant GM: smeatballs
Head Coach: jjb04f
Offensive Coordinator: buffbills
Defensive Coordinator: htsportplaya
Scout: AmazinElder

Job Descriptions

-General Manager- Will make all of the final decisions, and is in control of everything, ranging from trades to picks, but he should not let the power go to his head. The HC, and the rest of the staff should be greatly infulencing every decision he makes.

-Head Coach- Has a key part in all of the decisions, but his focus is mainly on the team itself, rather than looking up players or searching for trade options.

-Assistant GM- Very close to the GM, but his job mostly involves looking for trade options around the league. When he hears another team's player/pick is on the block, he tries to get a feel for different deals they can make for that player/pick and sends that info to the team. Trade offers should be directed towards him, and he shares them with the team. He is not the onyl one who can talk or negotiate trades, but trades should be sent through him, and he should be very involved in the trade situation.

-Offensive Coordinator- Helps decide needs and works with the offensive scout to look for help on offense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

-Offensive scout- Is responsible for helping out with info on all offensive players- college and pro. Works with the offensive coordinator to work out good offensive picks.

-Defensive Coordinator-Helps decide needs and works with the defensive scout to look for help on offense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

-Defensive scout- Is responsible for helping out with info on all defensive players- college and pro. Works with the defensive coordinator to work out good defensive picks.

Scout- Their jobs are focused on the draft. They should help out with all decisions however, and are not just limited to helping out with the draft. They have no specific job, but they offer their opinions and advice on all matters. There may be multiple scouts on one staff.

Alright guys it looks like there is only 3 of us on the Bills for this mock for now.

Since I am the GM, I will let you choose your own positions on the staff. We probably won't need anyone to be specifically a scout, but we will all need to contribute to that category. That leaves us with openings for Head Coach, Assistant GM, Offensive Coordinator, and Defensive Coordinator. If each of you wants to take two positions that would probably work out well.

If both jjb04f and buffbills would either reply here or PM me that would be great to make sure we're all on the same page. If either of you has a different view on how we can set this up, just let me know because I'm open to all suggestions.

Also, if any other Bills fans would like to get in on this particular mock draft, PM JCool333 and let him know that you are interested in being on the Bills staff. We have plenty of positions available.

If anyone has any ideas on what we should do come draft time, let's get some conversation going in here. Post a position needs list, players we should look at, players we should try and trade, anything you want that has to do with the draft. And let's have a little fun too guys.

Last edited by dabs21nike on Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
jjb04f

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i can, could i be HC and Asst GM?
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjb04f wrote:
If i can, could i be HC and Asst GM?

Those two positions seem to contradict each other.

The Head Coach's job is to be included with everything involving the team itself. That means that he would help make decisions on draft day and evaluate players already on the team. He doesn't go scouting other team's.

The Assistant GM's job is to basically make the trades. He is supposed to be in charge of looking at other team's trade blocks and see if there is anyone that would help us. He then reports to the GM and Coaches to see what we should give up.

Another reason I don't really want to give you both jobs is because we should probably have different people at offensive and defensive coordinator.

Since there is just two of you on the staff as of now, one of you should take either HC or Asst. GM along with one of the coordinators and the other should take the other spots. For example HC/OC and Asst. GM/DC or HC/DC and Asst. GM/OC.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright make me HC and DC then
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One position per member-if you can't fill them all, then as a group, work on the rest.
jjb04f

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
One position per member-if you can't fill them all, then as a group, work on the rest.

haha ok there goes that idea dabs.... ill be HC if thats cool with the GM
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjb04f wrote:
JCool333 wrote:

haha ok there goes that idea dabs.... ill be HC if thats cool with the GM

yea that sounds good to me. jjb04f you will be our Head Coach and we will make buffbills our Assistant GM. It will be easy to work together on the others since we have the big three positions covered.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas about the draft yet? We are going to need a bunch of stuff and we only have about 12 days until the draft starts.

Big Board - An overall ranking of the top 50 or 100 players. This should help us in the early rounds to make quick, good decisions.

Trade Block - A list of players we are looking at possibly moving. Here is a Draft Pick Trade Value Chart that should help us when it comes to trading draft picks. http://home.stny.rr.com/sdogo/VChart.htm

Positional Rankings - A detailed list of rankings for each poistion. We should rank all the QB's, RB's, WR's, etc.

Team Needs - A list of every poistion in the order that we need to address them. For example OT, DT, DE, etc.

I also put together this depth chart that should show us where we stand at every position.

QB - JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Tory Woodbury
RB - Willis McGahee, Shaud Williams, Lional Gates
FB - Damion Shelton, Joe Burns, Jon Goldsberry
WR1 - Eric Moulds, Roscoe Parrish, Sam Aiken, George Wilson
WR2 - Lee Evans, Josh Reed, Jonathon Smith
TE - Vernon Davis, Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus, Ryan Neufeld
LT - Jason Peters, Greg Jerman
LG - Mike Gandy, Bennie Anderson, Lawrence Smith
OC - Duke Preston, Trey Teague
RG - Rick DeMulling, Chris Villarial, Justin Geisinger
RT - Andrew Whitworth, Dylan McFarland

LE - Chris Kelsey, Ryan Denney, Eric Powell
LDT - Kindal Moorehead, Justin Bannan, Lauvale Sape
RDT - Ron Edwards, Tim Anderson, Jason Jefferson
RE - Aaron Schobel, Mark Word
SLB - Jeff Posey, Mario Haggan
MLB - London Fletcher, Liam Ezekial
WLB - Takeo Spikes, Angelo Crowell, Josh Stamer
LCB - Terrence McGee, Jabari Greer
FS - Troy Vincent, Jim Leonhard
SS - Rashad Baker, Coy Wire
RCB - Nate Clements, Eric King, Kevin Thomas

K - Rian Lindell
P - Brian Moorman
LS - Mike Schneck

Starters are in bold and free agents are underlined.

Last edited by dabs21nike on Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:23 am; edited 4 times in total
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers are interested in moving down, if you'd like to move up to #5 PM me or Kiwifan94 with any offers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant PM for sum reason, but i definitely know by stuff about football, the bills, and the draft....stick me in anywhere and lemme help
smeatbills

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this should go in this topic or not but TE is a need over looked by alot of people. Bigben in the NFL forum posted a link to a site that broke down stats. I found the one about J>P>losman completeing over sixty percent of his passes down the right and left side a bit strange seeing I know he completed less than fifty percent of his passes all year than I looked at his passes down the middle and he was just 9 of 25 throwning down the middle. So I think that if your going to ride with J.P as the starter than you better get a sure handed TE or slot reciever. Yes I know we have to see what Evertt can do but who knows how he will come back from that injury.

I would post the link but to be honest I don't know how.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the rival Bills perhaps interested in making a trade with the Jets for defensive end John Abraham or wide receiver Justin McCareins?
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htsportplaya wrote:
i cant PM for sum reason, but i definitely know by stuff about football, the bills, and the draft....stick me in anywhere and lemme help

Interested in defensive coordinator?

smeatbills wrote:
I don't know if this should go in this topic or not but TE is a need over looked by alot of people. Bigben in the NFL forum posted a link to a site that broke down stats. I found the one about J>P>losman completeing over sixty percent of his passes down the right and left side a bit strange seeing I know he completed less than fifty percent of his passes all year than I looked at his passes down the middle and he was just 9 of 25 throwning down the middle. So I think that if your going to ride with J.P as the starter than you better get a sure handed TE or slot reciever. Yes I know we have to see what Evertt can do but who knows how he will come back from that injury.

I would post the link but to be honest I don't know how.

It seems like you want to take part in the offense so would you like to be the offensive coordinator?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Oaklands Asst. GM we are looking to deal WR Doug Gabriel for a third round pick. Possibly we'll add RG Ron Stone.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabs21nike wrote:
Any ideas about the draft yet? We are going to need a bunch of stuff and we only have about 12 days until the draft starts.

Big Board - An overall ranking of the top 50 or 100 players. This should help us in the early rounds to make quick, good decisions.

Trade Block - A list of players we are looking at possibly moving. Here is a Draft Pick Trade Value Chart that should help us when it comes to trading draft picks. http://home.stny.rr.com/sdogo/VChart.htm

Positional Rankings - A detailed list of rankings for each poistion. We should rank all the QB's, RB's, WR's, etc.

Team Needs - A list of every poistion in the order that we need to address them. For example OT, DT, DE, etc.

I also put together this depth chart that should show us where we stand at every position.

QB - JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Tory Woodbury
RB - Willis McGahee, Shaud Williams, Lional Gates
FB - Damion Shelton, Joe Burns, Jon Goldsberry
WR1 - Eric Moulds, Roscoe Parrish, Sam Aiken, George Wilson
WR2 - Lee Evans, Josh Reed, Jonathon Smith
TE - Mark Campbell, Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus, Ryan Neufeld
LT - Mike Gandy, Greg Jerman
LG - Mike Williams, Bennie Anderson, Lawrence Smith
OC - Trey Teague, Duke Preston
RG - Chris Vilarrial, Justin Geisinger
RT - Jason Peters, Dylan McFarland

LE - Chris Kelsey, Ryan Denney, Eric Powell
LDT - Sam Adams, Justin Bannan, Lauvale Sape
RDT - Ron Edwards, Tim Anderson, Jason Jefferson
RE - Aaron Schobel, Mark Word
SLB - Jeff Posey, Mario Haggan
MLB - London Fletcher, Liam Ezekial
WLB - Takeo Spikes, Angelo Crowell, Josh Stamer
LCB - Terrence McGee, Jabari Greer
FS - Troy Vincent, Rashad Baker, Jim Leonhard
SS - Lawyer Milloy, Coy Wire
RCB - Nate Clements, Eric King, Kevin Thomas

K - Rian Lindell
P - Brian Moorman
LS - Mike Schneck

Starters are in bold and free agents are underlined.

Mike Williams is listed as the backup LG on all sites I see. Are you definately making him the starter or is he available via trade?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: