Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

.:...:.Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread.:...:.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
Pretty funny to go back and read all the reactions at the beginning of this thread to our crazy offseason.

Steven Stamkos prz?
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
Pretty funny to go back and read all the reactions at the beginning of this thread to our crazy offseason.

Steven Stamkos prz?

I have no idea what I said on this topic but I still maintian that I would trade anyone on this team in a package sans Giroux in a Stamkos deal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Hartnell trolling

That is stellar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
I thought the Flyers played about as bad they could have but still got the win. They were clearly the better team sans the first period but we need better outings from Bryz he let in some bad ones and just looked lazy in goal. He is an absolute nightmare playing the puck.

I think the layoff affected his focus in this game. There's obviously no excuse for that in a playoff game, but after a strong start to the game, once he stopped seeing most of the action and pucks, he seemed to lack the competitiveness that we're used to seeing from him when he's at his sharpest. Sort of reminiscent of that game against Chicago at the end of February.

He needs to be better though, and he will be.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some other thoughts:

-Simmonds need to loosen up. Berube was trying to settle him down on the bench, but he's pressing and has been since the start of the playoffs. Look to your veterans and leaders, especially Danny. He is as loose as can be. Right now Simmer is simply trying too hard IMO.
-Read may have hit a wall. Coots certainly hasn't, so hopefully I'm wrong, but he has been largely ineffective other than Game 3 against Pittsburgh.
-JVR was in monster playoff form. Adding such a dynamic weapon only makes our offense that much more potent. People forget how great of a skater he is for a guy that's 6'3.
-Coburn is our best defenseman, and is finally rounding into the #1/2 defenseman that I always imagined he become given his rare skill-set.
-Laviolette is seriously going to hurt someone one of these days with those fist-pump haymakers that he loves to throw. Laughing
-Voracek is quietly 3rd amongst ALL players in playoff scoring, and finally looks dangerous and comfortable on the PP point. Credit Laviolette for sticking with him there.
-Nothing else needs to be said about G and Danny B that hasn't already been said. They're amazing.

Focus now is on a sixty minute effort in game 2. Our start, while understandable, was unacceptable.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we ever get the game started right.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Can we ever get the game started right.

Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than game 6.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Some other thoughts:

-Simmonds need to loosen up. Berube was trying to settle him down on the bench, but he's pressing and has been since the start of the playoffs. Look to your veterans and leaders, especially Danny. He is as loose as can be. Right now Simmer is simply trying too hard IMO.
-Read may have hit a wall. Coots certainly hasn't, so hopefully I'm wrong, but he has been largely ineffective other than Game 3 against Pittsburgh.
-JVR was in monster playoff form. Adding such a dynamic weapon only makes our offense that much more potent. People forget how great of a skater he is for a guy that's 6'3.
-Coburn is our best defenseman, and is finally rounding into the #1/2 defenseman that I always imagined he become given his rare skill-set.
-Laviolette is seriously going to hurt someone one of these days with those fist-pump haymakers that he loves to throw. Laughing
-Voracek is quietly 3rd amongst ALL players in playoff scoring, and finally looks dangerous and comfortable on the PP point. Credit Laviolette for sticking with him there.
-Nothing else needs to be said about G and Danny B that hasn't already been said. They're amazing.

Focus now is on a sixty minute effort in game 2. Our start, while understandable, was unacceptable.

Agreed about Simmonds, his play shows it too, how he shanked that puck on the goal-mouth I dunno, just shows he is pressing.

I don't really buy into "the wall" notion, but he is certainly struggling right now. That giveaway on the Devils first goal was just lousy, you need to be smarter about that, I saw that coming from a mile away.

JVR has been awesome since his return, he is using his blend of size and speed to create havoc, just what we need. Awesome job on that screen at the end as well.

I've been saying it for a while now that Coby is arguably our best defender (next to Kimmo) but the media is finally starting to see it too. Unbelievable skater, and he jumped in and created some mismatches on the rush as well (although it cost us on the Devil's 3rd goal though that was more on Bryz and Lilja). Can't say enough for how rock solid he has been in our own zone.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Matt Carle, his play has really been annoying me lately. From sloppy pock movement out of our zone to playing the point on the PP. For whatever reason he likes to move along the point and ruin shooting lanes rather than just pass it or put it on goal, so frustrating.

Voracek has been tremendous, he is lightning in a bottle and knows how to create for others. He really gets in on the forecheck and has been stellar on the back end as well.

Still would like to see better effort from Briere defensively but it is hard to complain when he is putting forth the kind of production he is offensively. And yep, G has been a monster as usual.

Scooter, Wellwood and Talbot have all been awesome as well. Even though they are a defensive line they can really cycle the puck, and Wellwood's speed just causes so many problems.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offseason, we're probably gonna replace Carle, but with who though.
Then we have to resign Jagr or bring up somebody in the system.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
eagles26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

^^kudos to Kempes, E808 on the Avy
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles26 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

This.

Timonen-
Coburn-Grossmann
Gustafsson-Mez

Ideally Pronger, would come back, but I doubt it. You can bump Coburn up, and either Mez or Gustafsson up to line 2. And have Lilja, Manning & Lauridsen fighting for that last spot with someone else from FA.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dude is kinda undersized though that's what Im worried about.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get another homegame W.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
The dude is kinda undersized though that's what Im worried about.

Just as big as Carle and already almost looks better than him IMO.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 80 of 101

Jump to: