Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC North gets interesting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the Randy Moss trade helping the Vikings?
yes
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
no
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 17

amaru0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: NFC North gets interesting Reply with quote

By now I'm sure pretty much everyone has heard about the Moss trade expected on March 2nd. If not, its Moss to the Raiders for the #7 pick, Napoleon Harris, and a late round draft pick. Although this isn't a Detroit issue, I think it could have a major impact on our quest for the division title next year. I think Minnesota got that first pick with the purpose of picking up Moss's replacement in Braylon Edwards or maybe Mike Williams. They still have their #18 to pick up a defensive lineman, and Harris gives them at least 4 solid linebackers to rotate. It also allows them to get rid of Claiborne without too much of a dropoff. So bottom line, are they better or worse off than they were before the trade? Also, if you have other ideas about why they did it, let's hear them!
russellt1229

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe we have a better chance at the division title now that moss is out of the picture...
USNinc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the Vikings will push hard to sign a WR in FA. Here are some names.

I. Bruce (if he is really released)
P. Burress
L. Coles (if he is let go)
R. Gardner (if he is let go)
M. Muhammed
M. Booker (if he is let go)

There are a few more names but their not coming to me. If they can pick up atleast one and get a WR in the draft.....their in good shape.
goblue42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talent wise Randy Moss was as good as they get and I will be glad to see him leave the divison and the confernce all together. He was a cancer in the locker room though and the Vikes eventually will benifit from his departure! From a team perspective the Vikes will be better off with Dante now being the undisputed leader. The Vikes most likely will address their defensive woes at Picks 7 and 18 unless they are tempted to take Brayland or Williams if one of them slides to 7. They will probably go after Paxico or Muhammad in free agency. They save about 2 million in cap space with this trade. This trade will help the lions short term but the Vikes should benifit providiing they use their draft picks wisely!
LEOS06

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2005 NFC North champion: LIONS!

How bad this trade is for the vikings? C'mon, what are the vikes smoking? Man I want some!
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I thought this was a bad trade for the Vikes but after thinking about it more it may not be so bad. Drafting Braylon or Mike W seems like the most likely thing but if they can be strong and instead drat Rolle, Pac-Man or DJ at #7 and then a DE or Thomas Davis at pick #18 the Vikes D would probably be the best in the NFC Norse. When Moss was hurt last year DC had no problems spreading the ball around to all of the WRs so if the Vikes pick up Plax, Derrick Mason or Mushin to replace Moss, the O will still be very good and the Vikes should be favored to win the division.
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a terrible trade just as the Owens deal last year only difference is Vikings actual get some value but N. Harris Lb is a joke they should of demanded C Woodson Cb, and the 7th pick.

Then I would use the 7th pick on D Johnson OLB Texas or DE Like Pollack or Cody they need to improve there Defense and I think they will draft wr with there 2nd pick at 18 guy like Clayton or Gibson.

Freeagent wr, look for them to sign D MAson he would fit in!

I dont like the trade its not enough!!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: