You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best Role Model Currently In The NBA?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Best Role Model Currently In The NBA? Reply with quote

Who is the best role model that is currently playing in the NBA?

I gotta believe it's Grant Hill. Great sportsman, superb dedication to the game, he will do whatever is asked of him, and has done great work in the community.

Dirk Nowitzki has to be up there as well due to his class, lack of arrogance, and the simple fact that he doesn't strive to earn as much money as possible. He's simply fine with that he has.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Best Role Model Currently In The NBA? Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
I gotta believe it's Grant Hill. Great sportsman, superb dedication to the game, he will do whatever is asked of him, and has done great work in the community.

When I saw the title of this thread, the first name that popped into my mind was Hill. He's been a class act since the Fab Five were hating on him for being everything they were not.
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Best Role Model Currently In The NBA? Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
the lone star wrote:

When I saw the title of this thread, the first name that popped into my mind was Hill. He's been a class act since the Fab Five were hating on him for being everything they were not.

Yeah, I really liked his response. It didn't take any cheap shots back at the comments that Jalen Rose had made when he was 19-20, and it just laid the facts down as they were. Grant Hill has worked tremendously hard at being a great player, and he's done the same to make sure he's just as good of a person.

Jeremy Lin has to be in the conversation as well, but we'll see if his play this year will be as good as it was with the Knicks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Allen, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

Why?
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it's all dependent on who you want to be like and how you want to live.

*shrugs*

No one is perfect and none of us get to see how these guys operate on a daily basis.

I'd go with Grant Hill, though, because he's kept Tamia for so long.
That's something I wish I could do.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane Battier: Solid veteran, does nice things for the community, good spokesperson, never gets in trouble.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill, especially when he was dealing with the MRSA scare and became a spokesperson against it.

Ray Allen

Mutombo if he was still playing.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
ninerfan225

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say the best but I would mention Derrick Rose. Extremely humble and shows that hard work pays off since he improved in an area every year.

Matthouston91 on the sig
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant Hill, Lebron James, Timmy

dante9876 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Why?

Not sure if I would've listed Wade but he has given a lot back to the community, has been a strong proponent of education and staying active. He has also always been a father first, basketball player second. I am not the biggest Wade fan, I find him to be a bit of a prick but he is a pretty good role model
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hill is the obvious choice here, and as lone star alluded to, Lin could become that new-age role model, but the level of his prominence will greatly depend upon his continued performance.

And while S. Taylor is correct in the sense that an 'ideal role model' can vary based upon a person's views, typically a role-model is one who is clean-cut, wholesome, not associated with any off-the-field issues, and has had a somewhat prominent career. In that sense, I think someone that often gets overlooked is a guy like Tim Duncan. I know he does a lot of charitable work, has never had any off-the-field issues, is well-spoken, and is highly successful. How could you not look up to a guy like that?

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Why?

Great player and a great person. He does give back to community and like somebody said, he is father first, basketball player second.

Oh yeah, i would add derrick rose to the list.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmy Duncan... Game over
IMO the the ideal player. Never let life get him down, lost his mom at the age of 14. Went to college, played all 4years and got his degree. One of if not the best PF of all time.

Doesn't complain doesn't do all the stupid crap like other players. He is pure class!!!
Dus10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about what you value, I suppose. KG is probably my ideal rolemodel in the game today and most people think he's a punk who picks on players smaller than him.

*shrug* my jimmies remain unrustled.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Grant Hill, Lebron James, Timmy

dante9876 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Why?

Not sure if I would've listed Wade but he has given a lot back to the community, has been a strong proponent of education and staying active. He has also always been a father first, basketball player second. I am not the biggest Wade fan, I find him to be a bit of a prick but he is a pretty good role model

So cheated on your wife should be look on as role model type. Only reason I bring this up cause you bring up being a dad to his kids which to me isnt somebody to be looked as some great accomplishment.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: