You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golden State Warriors Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
norcalraider510


Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 6376
Location: The Itty Bitty City By The Water
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Les Go Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3987
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabb2Maclin wrote:
Is your pick only top 7 protected?

Yup.

If they pick in the Top 7, they keep it. If they pick 8-30, they send to Jazz.

With Ellis gone & no Bogut, the chances of getting a top 7 pick have greatly increased. Cool
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaribouLou


Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Posts: 5152
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
McNabb2Maclin wrote:
Is your pick only top 7 protected?

Yup.

If they pick in the Top 7, they keep it. If they pick 8-30, they send to Jazz.

With Ellis gone & no Bogut, the chances of getting a top 7 pick have greatly increased. Cool


With our luck in the lottery we'll get pick 8 or 9. It's just bound to happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3987
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
McNabb2Maclin wrote:
Is your pick only top 7 protected?

Yup.

If they pick in the Top 7, they keep it. If they pick 8-30, they send to Jazz.

With Ellis gone & no Bogut, the chances of getting a top 7 pick have greatly increased. Cool


With our luck in the lottery we'll get pick 8 or 9. It's just bound to happen.

Truth. Laughing
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 40827
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
CaribouLou wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
McNabb2Maclin wrote:
Is your pick only top 7 protected?

Yup.

If they pick in the Top 7, they keep it. If they pick 8-30, they send to Jazz.

With Ellis gone & no Bogut, the chances of getting a top 7 pick have greatly increased. Cool


With our luck in the lottery we'll get pick 8 or 9. It's just bound to happen.

Truth. Laughing


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blazer026


Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Posts: 2436
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna miss Ellis, was always a favorite of mine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seminoles1


Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 42289
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should shut Curry down for the season to heal up his ankle. Bogut won't be able to play until next year anyways. They would also have a better chance of getting their pick in the top 7, and that way it doesn't get sent to Utah.
_________________

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
John232


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 13383
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
They should shut Curry down for the season to heal up his ankle. Bogut won't be able to play until next year anyways. They would also have a better chance of getting their pick in the top 7, and that way it doesn't get sent to Utah.


I would imagine they play him sparingly. They won't shut him down completely (need to give fans some reason to go) but he won't be playing heavy minutes at all.

I would imagine the rest of this season is going to be about evaluating the talents of Thompson, Jenkins, and Jeremy Tyler. As well as giving Andris his first legitimate shot at starting in years, hopefully giving him some trade value. I wouldn't be surprised if Dorrell Wright is dealt before the deadline too.
_________________

xsaMainevent on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CloudKicker


Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Posts: 891
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
They should shut Curry down for the season to heal up his ankle. Bogut won't be able to play until next year anyways. They would also have a better chance of getting their pick in the top 7, and that way it doesn't get sent to Utah.


I would imagine they play him sparingly. They won't shut him down completely (need to give fans some reason to go) but he won't be playing heavy minutes at all.

I would imagine the rest of this season is going to be about evaluating the talents of Thompson, Jenkins, and Jeremy Tyler. As well as giving Andris his first legitimate shot at starting in years, hopefully giving him some trade value. I wouldn't be surprised if Dorrell Wright is dealt before the deadline too.


I think we should just let Curry rest up and get completely healthy. Then just see what Jenkins can do the rest of the year and let Thompson develop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3987
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as we loved Udoh's defense, I won't miss his pathetic rebounding. He's played 96 career games and has never once recorded a double double. He's never even gotten more than 9 rebounds.

Joe Lacob said there’s no way Warriors did this intending to lose enough games to keep their first-round pick, if it falls into the top 7. He said there’s no way the Warriors can lose enough to get below the 8th slot.

So I guess we're still trying to make the playoffs? Laughing
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaribouLou


Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Posts: 5152
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
As much as we loved Udoh's defense, I won't miss his pathetic rebounding. He's played 96 career games and has never once recorded a double double. He's never even gotten more than 9 rebounds.

Joe Lacob said there’s no way Warriors did this intending to lose enough games to keep their first-round pick, if it falls into the top 7. He said there’s no way the Warriors can lose enough to get below the 8th slot.

So I guess we're still trying to make the playoffs? Laughing


3 games out of the 8th spot, it's not out of reach but I'm also not expecting us to do it with the trade we just made yesterday. I guess I'll be riding the Nate Robinson bandwagon the rest of the season since he does the airplane every time he makes a shot.

And I will not miss Udoh's rebounding at all. His blocked shots were nice but we always got killed on the glass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
norcalraider510


Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 6376
Location: The Itty Bitty City By The Water
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/warriors-may-shut-down-stephen-curry-can-look-forward-to-questions-about-tanking-if-they-do/

The FO might do something right, nice.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Re-Drew-Vinated


Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 2662
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick, someone throw Curry down some steps and call it a high ankle sprain so we can shut him down for the remainder of the year. We need this pick, just like we need a healthy Bogut and Curry next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3987
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we made 2 moves today:

Quote:
Stephen Jackson for Richard Jefferson + Conditional 1st

So the trade was technically:

Ellis+ Udoh

for

Bogut, Jefferson, and 1st round pick

The 1st round pick is lightly conditional, but I read that it's 90% that we get it.

Quote:
Warriors have acquired a 2nd Round pick in the 2012 NBA Draft from the Atlanta Hawks, in exchange for cash considerations

It belongs to Phoenix, so it's an early 2nd as it currently stands. No idea why Atlanta would give up an early 2nd in midseason like that.

We might potentially have 4 draft picks in this deep draft. Cool
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Re-Drew-Vinated


Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 2662
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good moves IMO. Also gives me some sense of relief, as I would have been disgusted to see SJack in a dubs uniform again, especially on the night when Monta comes back.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 40 of 49

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group