You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golden State Warriors Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 47, 48, 49  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
They're not going to trade Monta unless they get a really good deal. You guys are undervaluing him as a player. The Bulls wouldn't trade Noah either. Why would they? I seriously doubt Ellis is traded this off-season. Front office will try to obtain help (ala inside presence) before moving him. All these rumors are BS.

As mentioned by Larry Riley: "Our problem is not the small backcourt. Our problem is defense."

If the Dubs don't get Biyombo (assuming he is there at 11), I will be very disappointed.

Well they're pretty serious in the Monta trade talks, so I don't see the credibility of that just because Riley said our small backcourt isn't our problem. Of course that's not our problem, we had one of the best backcourts in the league. We've always needed big man help.

I'm also not a huge fan of Biyombo. At 11, we don't need a project. And we already have a similar player in Ekpe Udoh that has a similar game. We need a guy that can come in and contribute as soon as possible. Biyombo would be buried down the depth chart behind Lee, Udoh, Amundson and even Biedrins. I think it will take a while before Biyombo will be able to contribute in a serious way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
Well they're pretty serious in the Monta trade talks, so I don't see the credibility of that just because Riley said our small backcourt isn't our problem. Of course that's not our problem, we had one of the best backcourts in the league. We've always needed big man help.

I'm also not a huge fan of Biyombo. At 11, we don't need a project. And we already have a similar player in Ekpe Udoh that has a similar game. We need a guy that can come in and contribute as soon as possible. Biyombo would be buried down the depth chart behind Lee, Udoh, Amundson and even Biedrins. I think it will take a while before Biyombo will be able to contribute in a serious way.

I don't buy the Monta rumors. I think ownership is listening to offers, but they prefer to keep him and try building around him & Steph first. It's not just Riley, either. Lacob likes the backcourt, West denied the Iggy rumor, and Mark Jackson called Ellis the 3rd best SG in the NBA. Smokescreen? Maybe, but I doubt it.

As for Biyombo, he's pretty NBA ready in my opinion (on the defensive end, which is what we NEED). His offense needs work, but we don't need his offense. He's stronger, more aggressive, more athletic, and a better rebounder than Udoh. Fact of the matter is, we need bigs, and we need defensive minded players. Biyombo fits that perfectly.

Imagine Biyombo and Udoh on the court at the same time. No one will score in the paint. Shocked
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
CaribouLou wrote:

I don't buy the Monta rumors. I think ownership is listening to offers, but they prefer to keep him and try building around him & Steph first. It's not just Riley, either. Lacob likes the backcourt, West denied the Iggy rumor, and Mark Jackson called Ellis the 3rd best SG in the NBA. Smokescreen? Maybe, but I doubt it.

As for Biyombo, he's pretty NBA ready in my opinion (on the defensive end, which is what we NEED). His offense needs work, but we don't need his offense. He's stronger, more aggressive, more athletic, and a better rebounder than Udoh. Fact of the matter is, we need bigs, and we need defensive minded players. Biyombo fits that perfectly.

Imagine Biyombo and Udoh on the court at the same time. No one will score in the paint. Shocked

He's still too much of a project for me. His offensive game needs a ton of work, and would be a liability on offense. His defensive game is there, that I can't ignore. Great potential, but I hate that word in drafts. I'm more into guys who have better basketball skills rather than having good measurables. Those guys more than likely don't end up panning out. But that's just my opinion.

And all this Monta trade talks are all just speculation. You can't ignore that Monta is one of the most talented players in the NBA, but I think you need to look at all the options on the table. If he can get you another solid big man, would it be better for the team? I know this organization is high on Curry, and if they want him to be the man for them then you can probably say goodbye to Ellis, because having him on the court with Curry is only hurting Curry's growth as Ellis is such a ball-dominating guard.

Either way, I'm really excited about this draft because we finally get to see the direction this team wants to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
He's still too much of a project for me. His offensive game needs a ton of work, and would be a liability on offense. His defensive game is there, that I can't ignore. Great potential, but I hate that word in drafts. I'm more into guys who have better basketball skills rather than having good measurables. Those guys more than likely don't end up panning out. But that's just my opinion.

Completely understandable. Especially considering the recent drafts with young big men with "potential" (POB, B-Wright, Randolph).

CaribouLou wrote:
Either way, I'm really excited about this draft because we finally get to see the direction this team wants to go.

Ditto. It's going to be an interesting night.

===================================

Here's my big board for #11 for players who will likely be available:

1. Biyombo
2. Burks
3. Singleton
3. Marcus Morris

Obviously if players like Kawhi Leonard fall, then they would be on the top of my list. I just hope we don't take Klay Thompson who Jerry West is supposedly high on. He's coming in for a workout today, sadly.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
I just hope we don't take Klay Thompson who Jerry West is supposedly high on. He's coming in for a workout today, sadly.

Why don't you like Klay? I think I would rather have Singleton, but I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Klay as long as we traded Monta.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we offered the Magic Monta, Udoh and Biedrins for D12 and for some reason it didn't work Crying or Very sad

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Raiders/Warriors/A's
John232

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo_This_Man wrote:
we offered the Magic Monta, Udoh and Biedrins for D12 and for some reason it didn't work :cry:

Do you have a link?

xsaMainevent on the sig
John232

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: Nvm, saw it on the FA thread. And the reason it was declined was probably because of the luxury Tax and we weren't taking any Bad contracts back.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
edit: Nvm, saw it on the FA thread. And the reason it was declined was probably because of the luxury Tax and we weren't taking any Bad contracts back.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/18/report-warriors-offered-monta-ellis-for-dwight-howard/

(for others who have not seen the report).

oh and about the bolded... ....

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Raiders/Warriors/A's
John232

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Boo_This_Man"]
John232 wrote:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/18/report-warriors-offered-monta-ellis-for-dwight-howard/

What are you talking about? We only asked for Dwight, that's not taking any bad contracts back.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="John232"]
Boo_This_Man wrote:
John232 wrote:

What are you talking about? We only asked for Dwight, that's not taking any bad contracts back.

But it sounds like your saying, if we would take those bad contracts on, then the deal would work....If I was a magic fan and got that in return I would discontinue my fanhood for that team.

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Raiders/Warriors/A's
John232

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Boo_This_Man"]
John232 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:
John232 wrote:

But it sounds like your saying, if we would take those bad contracts on, then the deal would work....If I was a magic fan and got that in return I would discontinue my fanhood for that team.

Well, you can break luxury tax the team just has to pay more money. So giving them Andris is just another bad contract for them..the deal would work but like you stated, it would not be a good deal for Orlando. Thats why I said in the other thread, we would have to take either the Hedo or Gilbert contract(ideally Gilbert as he can play off Curry) and we would have to include Monta, Udoh, Andris + picks, probably multiple picks.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got you, just a misunderstanding i guess. For a Dwight trade to go down, I think it will require a multi team deal.

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Raiders/Warriors/A's
John232

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo_This_Man wrote:
I got you, just a misunderstanding i guess. For a Dwight trade to go down, I think it will require a multi team deal.

Yeah, that's all it was. And a multi-team deal would certainly make it easier. Honestly, if we can just unload the Andris contract this off-season, that alone would be a cherry on top for an already great off-season.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have offered way more than just Ellis, Udoh, and Biedrins. I hope the report is true though, and we're going after Howard. I honestly think we have enough pieces to obtain him. Especially after this draft.

RaisinBran wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
I just hope we don't take Klay Thompson who Jerry West is supposedly high on. He's coming in for a workout today, sadly.

Why don't you like Klay? I think I would rather have Singleton, but I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Klay as long as we traded Monta.

It's not so much him, it's more of how he fits into this team. We keep preaching DEFENSE, yet we're interested in a guy who is offensive oriented (as if we don't have enough of that on the team).

Right now, I think we're either going to make a trade or draft either Klay or Biyombo. I think it's between those 2 guys right now.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 2 of 49

Jump to: