You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golden State Warriors Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Golden State Warriors Thread Reply with quote

Last thread hit 99 pages, so I thought it's time for a new thread which goes hand-in-hand with the recent changes in the organization.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/06/10/SP9D1JSH2F.DTL

Quote:
"The A's have had great times, the Niners have certainly had theirs, the Giants have had theirs and the Raiders have had theirs," Jackson said. "Now, we're looking forward to ours.

I'm still warming up to the Jackson hire, but you can't ignore that everyone involved wants to change this organization and make it a winning franchise.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly thought it would've been Brian Shaw so just like you, I'm warming up to Jackson. I think he'll do wonders on Curry's passing and overall efficiency. I'd love to see Curry doing Jackson's three point celebration thing in Indiana after every three point make just to honor Jackson. Laughing
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do you guys like Klay Thompson? Personally, I would like us to go for him if we trade Monta for a big man (Joakim Noah?). But I think Curry and Thompson would fit very well at the 1 and 2. Both can beat you from the outside, and can also penetrate and finish well around the rim. Their defense would be below average, but if we add another defensive big man that can change shots in the paint then we will be fine. Not to mention that we have a whole new coaching staff that will most likely stray away from the Don Nelson/Smart kind of ball that we are used to--fast paced/high scoring games with little defense.

Here is a mixtape so you can see some of his game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsmRHAoP4Kw

Assuming we make a trade for monta, our roster could look like:

PG: Stephen Curry/Jeremy Lin
SG: Klay Thompson/Reggie Williams/Charlie Bell
SF: Dorrell Wright/Reggie Williams
PF: David Lee/Ekpe Udoh/Lou Amundson
C: Joakim Noah/Andris Biedrins/

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very little chance the Bulls okay a Noah trade. It makes sense for both teams, but I feel his value is immeasurable to them and that he is untouchable. He's a main cog on the Bulls.

Webmaster wrote:
Seriously, how have you not been permanently banned yet?
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
How much do you guys like Klay Thompson? Personally, I would like us to go for him if we trade Monta for a big man (Joakim Noah?). But I think Curry and Thompson would fit very well at the 1 and 2. Both can beat you from the outside, and can also penetrate and finish well around the rim. Their defense would be below average, but if we add another defensive big man that can change shots in the paint then we will be fine. Not to mention that we have a whole new coaching staff that will most likely stray away from the Don Nelson/Smart kind of ball that we are used to--fast paced/high scoring games with little defense.

Thoughts?

We'd still need a better backup PG if we wanted to go anywhere past the 1st round of the playoffs. That team would be beastly though! Smile

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
CaribouLou wrote:

Thoughts?

We'd still need a better backup PG if we wanted to go anywhere past the 1st round of the playoffs. That team would be beastly though! Smile

I think we would be a .500 team with the above roster. An addition like JR Smith, a proven scorer along with Noah would put us in the playoff hunt I believe.

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Raiders/Warriors/A's
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Noah would be a great addition, I'm pretty sure that Noah is an untouchable like Rose.
DougE14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
While Noah would be a great addition, I'm pretty sure that Noah is an untouchable like Rose.

Unless they got a really good deal. Ellis plus a future first and maybe Dorell Wright or Reggie Williams could get it done.

I think the Bulls value Noah very highly, but they still do have Omer Asik who is just as good defensively. They have 4 good bigmen, so you guys might be able to pry one away from them.
theKing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougE14 wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:

Unless they got a really good deal. Ellis plus a future first and maybe Dorell Wright or Reggie Williams could get it done.

I think the Bulls value Noah very highly, but they still do have Omer Asik who is just as good defensively. They have 4 good bigmen, so you guys might be able to pry one away from them.

the Bulls didnt want to trade Noah for Carmelo, who is a much better player than Ellis. It seems like the bulls really have a huge man crush on Noah.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:

Agreed.
I really want us to go after a Center. There are alot of options imo. There's: JAvelle McGee, Nene, Mark Gasol, Roy Hibbert or maybe Kevin Love if were lucky.

We could get any of these guys we we decide to trade Monta (probably not Love or Gasol).
We could also get a solid rebounding PF like Millsap and just have them play center. Idk.

What if we did a trade with Monta and Dorrell so we could get both Danny Granger AND Roy Hibbert?
And then draft Klay Thompson.

Starting Lineup:
PG Steph Curry
SG Klay Thompson
SF Danny Granger
PF D. Lee
C Roy Hibbert

What u guys think? I like trying to think of all the possible trades we could do and see what our team would look like!
Very Happy

DougE14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theKing wrote:
DougE14 wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:

the Bulls didnt want to trade Noah for Carmelo, who is a much better player than Ellis. It seems like the bulls really have a huge man crush on Noah.

Right. That's why I said it would be tough to get done and would probably require a lot more than Noah's true worth.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalembert is an option if he declines going to Boston.
BayArea07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:

Agreed.
I really want us to go after a Center. There are alot of options imo. There's: JAvelle McGee, Nene, Mark Gasol, Roy Hibbert or maybe Kevin Love if were lucky.

We could get any of these guys we we decide to trade Monta (probably not Love or Gasol).
We could also get a solid rebounding PF like Millsap and just have them play center. Idk.

What if we did a trade with Monta and Dorrell so we could get both Danny Granger AND Roy Hibbert?

Starting Lineup:
PG Steph Curry
SG Klay Thompson
SF Danny Granger
PF D. Lee
C Roy Hibbert

What u guys think? I like trying to think of all the possible trades we could do and see what our team would look like!
Very Happy

lol @ trading for Millsap to play center.

Granger continues to regress. I'd be disappointed if the Warriors traded for him. He's a rich mans Dorell Wright, and I mean that in a bad way. He plays too streaky, and kills the flow of an offense when he zones in on chucking. I'd rather just keep Dorell who's signed for much cheaper.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:

Agreed.

Starting Lineup:
PG Steph Curry
SG Klay Thompson
SF Danny Granger
PF D. Lee
C Roy Hibbert

Very Happy

lol @ trading for Millsap to play center.

Granger continues to regress. I'd be disappointed if the Warriors traded for him. He's a rich mans Dorell Wright, and I mean that in a bad way. He plays too streaky, and kills the flow of an offense when he zones in on chucking. I'd rather just keep Dorell who's signed for much cheaper.

What are your suggestions then buddy? I know for a fact you wanted Granger midway through the season!

Professor Oak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not going to trade Monta unless they get a really good deal. You guys are undervaluing him as a player. The Bulls wouldn't trade Noah either. Why would they? I seriously doubt Ellis is traded this off-season. Front office will try to obtain help (ala inside presence) before moving him. All these rumors are BS.

As mentioned by Larry Riley: "Our problem is not the small backcourt. Our problem is defense."

If the Dubs don't get Biyombo (assuming he is there at 11), I will be very disappointed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49

Jump to: