Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HALO 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighHopes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
ok, im freaking excited but honestly i think this could be bad for halo. Halo 3 was a great ending. I get the feel they are putting out a game for $$$$$$. Im not worried about not being bungie bc most of the 343 is bungie. I just think after saying all this time that halo 3 was the ending, putting out 4 is kinda saying, they will just put out anything. i really hope they dont ruin the great halo franchise.

kinda surprised they didnt wait till next system, that would have been real smart

Hmm, I want a halo 4 and its creeping up as a top favorited on youtube. I dont think people mind lol. Its a new triology so I think other then Mc and Cortana, it will have a new feel.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No talk about CE? I'm super pumped for that and it will have Multiplayer as well. "7 of the best maps ever created."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
GFalcon wrote:
ok, im freaking excited but honestly i think this could be bad for halo. Halo 3 was a great ending. I get the feel they are putting out a game for $$$$$$. Im not worried about not being bungie bc most of the 343 is bungie. I just think after saying all this time that halo 3 was the ending, putting out 4 is kinda saying, they will just put out anything. i really hope they dont ruin the great halo franchise.

kinda surprised they didnt wait till next system, that would have been real smart

Hmm, I want a halo 4 and its creeping up as a top favorited on youtube. I dont think people mind lol. Its a new triology so I think other then Mc and Cortana, it will have a new feel.

The hardcore believe it's " Marathon series ". Many hardcore still believe both games shared MC.

Nice how familiar the AR looks?

Notice the green hand?

If not, I'm fine. From what my friend has been telling me about the new halo books makes the story more interesting with the four runners.
HyperMagnum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
No talk about CE? I'm super pumped for that and it will have Multiplayer as well. "7 of the best maps ever created."

We're going to hear more about it. They never just spill their beans on the PC's, this is when your go to their booth at E3 so they have something to talk about lol.
ShimSham

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bungie still owns Marathon unless something happened I don't know about, Halo 4 won't be Marathon, nor have any real connection to it. Though when looking at Halo 3's ending and the opening to the first Marathon game you could make the connection. With Bungie gone there's almost certainly no real connection.

Marathon and Halo are very similar games built for very, very different generations of hardware. Halo was a spiritual successor to Marathon, sort of in the same way that Bioshock was a spiritual successor to the System Shock games.

You could say "both games shared Master Chief" but it wouldn't be totally accurate unless they retconned the Marathon story a little bit. (again the lack of Bungie makes that impossible) The Security Officer in Marathon and Master Chief were similar protagonists though. Though MC's character was developed more with the Halo books and the technological advantages they had with Halo compared with Marathon making cinematics really possible.

I loved the Marathon games, when I played Halo online I almost always had the Marathon logo as my emblem coupled with the Security armor (in H3 at least, HReach made getting the Sec. armor ridiculous)

Last edited by ShimSham on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who has zero interest in another Halo game?
HyperMagnum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShimSham wrote:
Bungie still owns Marathon unless something happened I don't know about, Halo 4 won't be Marathon, nor have any real connection to it. Though when looking at Halo 3's ending and the opening to the first Marathon game you could make the connection. With Bungie gone there's almost certainly no real connection.

Marathon and Halo are very similar games built for very, very different generations of hardware. Halo was a spiritual successor to Marathon, sort of in the same way that Bioshock was a spiritual successor to the System Shock games.

You could say "both games shared Master Chief" but it wouldn't be totally accurate unless they retconned the Marathon story a little bit. (again the lack of Bungie makes that impossible) The Security Officer in Marathon and Master Chief were similar protagonists though. Though MC's character was developed more with the Halo books and the technological advantages they had with Halo compared with Marathon making cinematics really possible.

I loved the Marathon games, when I played Halo online I almost always had the Marathon logo as my emblem coupled with the Security armor (in H3 at least, HReach made getting the Sec. armor ridiculous)

I believe Marathon is owned by MS as well. If the marathon planet isn't going to be in Halo 4, the four runners should be. From what my friend is saying, that ship at the end of the Halo 4 teaser is a four runner ship. He's a HALO nerd as they come, I enjoy the series but he's a DIE-HARD from the novels and what not.

From what he's saying, I do like where the story go could as prequels and sequels.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Rolling Eyes

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Rolling Eyes

I ar ti-ird of gaylow but i steel bye CoD evry yar!!1!
Vickadelphia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:

Yeah I kind of wish they waited for the next Xbox as well. They would probably have me way more excited.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:

probably.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
thesickness89

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Rolling Eyes

I ar ti-ird of gaylow but i steel bye CoD evry yar!!1

Cool Story Bro

#FIREHOKE2014
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Cool Story Bro

not my problem if you want to pay 60$ a year for the same old game...
thesickness89

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Cool Story Bro

and its not my problem if you want to pay 60 bucks to play Halo. Always preffered Cod, but its clear you dont. I'm not a future/shooter game kind of guy

#FIREHOKE2014
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Cool Story Bro

and its not my problem if you want to pay 60 bucks to play Halo. Always preffered Cod, but its clear you dont. I'm not a future/shooter game kind of guy

I would buy cod but they put one out every year, with not really many gameplay improvements. I got MW2 on black friday I may do the same with 3 if it gets decent reviews. I tried black ops and didn't care for it one bit. I liked the older CoD games better.except WaW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 3 of 58

Jump to: