You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

player deals/releases/nfl draft news/cowboy news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins Sign Kevin Carter As A Free Agent; Release David Boston
March 7, 2005

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3757

The Miami Dolphins today signed two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Kevin Carter to a five-year contract. Carter, a first-round draft choice of the St. Louis Rams in 1995 (6th overall), is a 10-year NFL veteran who spent the last four years with Tennessee. He was released by the Titans on February 22. Also on Monday, the team terminated the contract of wide receiver David Boston (failed physical).

"We are pleased to have the opportunity to add someone of Kevin’s caliber to our defense," Dolphins Head Coach Nick Saban said. “Kevin has been a quality player who has contributed to winning teams in both St. Louis and Tennessee, including a Super Bowl championship with the Rams. In addition, he has been a positive influence in the locker room throughout his career, and we’re looking for him to add to our veteran leadership with the Dolphins."

In his NFL career, the 6-5, 290-pound Carter has appeared in 160 regular season games, and has started all but three of them. He has never missed a game in his career. During this time, he has totaled 598 tackles, 86 sacks, nine fumble recoveries, 16 forced fumbles and 18 passes defensed. His 86 sacks rank third among players who were active in 2004, trailing only the Giants’ Michael Strahan (118) and Tampa Bay’s Simeon Rice (105). Carter earned trips to the Pro Bowl following the 1999 and 2002 seasons. In ’99 with the Rams, he registered a career-high 17 sacks as he helped St. Louis to their lone Super Bowl championship. In 2002, he recorded 10 sacks in his second season with the Titans, who acquired him on April 4, 2001 in exchange for a 2001 first-round draft choice.

A University of Florida product, Carter played in all 47 games during his four-year career for the Gators (1991-94) in which he was a three-year starter and an All-America selection as a senior when he recorded 66 tackles and 11.5 sacks. Overall in his career, he produced 203 tackles and 21.5 sacks.

Equally as successful off the field, Carter has participated in numerous charitable endeavors throughout his career, and in 2002, he and his wife, Shima, started the Kevin Carter Foundation. For his efforts, he has been selected as the Tennessee Titans’ Community Man of the Year each of the past three seasons (2002-04).

A Parade All-America pick at Lincoln High School in Tallahassee, Kevin Louis Carter was born on September 21, 1973 in Miami.

one of the great ones on this site

Last edited by shadow walker on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
batteringram31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this stuff all Copyrighted?
shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolle agrees to six-year deal with Ravens

NFL.com wire reports

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (March 7, 2005) -- Cornerback Samari Rolle agreed to a six-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens, who last week lost Gary Baxter to the Cleveland Browns.

Rolle was a 2000 Pro Bowl selection with the Tennessee Titans. He also had been pursued by the Kansas City Chiefs, but their interest cooled because of health concerns.

Like new Ravens receiver Derrick Mason, Rolle was a salary-cap casualty before the free-agent signing period in Tennessee.

In 2000, Rolle intercepted seven passes to anchor a Titans defense that went 13-3 and lost in the AFC divisional round to the Ravens. Rolle was limited to a career-low 12 games last season because of an injured left knee that has required arthroscopic surgery. He finished with just one interception and 28 tackles.

He'll replace Baxter, last year's starting cornerback who joined the Browns after initially reaching an agreement with Baltimore. Cleveland signed him to a six-year contract.

Rolle was accompanied by his wife, Danisha, at the Ravens' training complex.

shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Expected, Cowboys Swoop Up Ferguson Quickly

Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
March 7, 2005, 5:17 p.m. (CST)

IRVING, Texas - Making a big splash in free agency was the plan all along.

Now spending $28 million in bonuses alone on the second day wasn't exactly expected, but considering how laidback the Cowboys were in free agency a year ago, there doesn't seem to be many complaints about the team's recent shopping spree.

And coming as no surprise had to be the signing of former Jets defensive tackle Jason Ferguson, who was the second of three players to sign with the Cowboys on Thursday, along with cornerback Anthony Henry and guard Marco Rivera.

The only thing surprising about the Ferguson deal was that it took a little longer than both sides anticipated to hammer out the final details. His name had been linked to the Cowboys since season's end, but Ferguson didn't sign immediately when he arrived in Dallas on Wednesday. Not until Thursday did the two sides agree on the five-year, $21.5 million deal, which included a $9 million signing bonus. Ferguson will count $2.6 million against the 2005 salary cap.

But once the deal was finally completed and the eight-year veteran was introduced at a press conference here at Valley Ranch, it became evident just how much Ferguson wanted to be in Dallas.

The only smile bigger than Ferguson's ear-to-ear grin was that of his three-year-old son, Jason Jr. But the veteran nose guard's happiness appeared to extend beyond having just received a $9 million signing-bonus check.

Ferguson said reuniting with former head coach Bill Parcells, who actually drafted him in the seventh round back in 1997, was one of the major selling points for signing with the Cowboys.

"He brought me in this league and a lot of the things he said and taught me in the three years I was with him, stuck," Ferguson said of Parcells. "Hard work. When you go through training camp, and I've had two or three different head coaches since then, it just ain't the same. Sometimes when you need a change, you go back home."

And Ferguson, who grew up in Mississippi and played college ball at Georgia, isn't calling Dallas or even Texas home. He's referring to reuniting with Parcells, his first-ever NFL coach.

Considered by most scouts as too small and not strong enough to be an every-down lineman, Ferguson finally got his chance when Parcells and the Jets drafted him - a move to this day Parcells says will go down as one of his best draft decisions.

And it didn't take long for the young defensive tackle to assert himself with the Jets, not only making the team as a rookie, but playing in 13 games and starting one. By his second season, Ferguson was a staple in the Jets' lineup, starting all but five of the games he played in during the next seven seasons.

Over the years, Ferguson's position, which has usually been over the center as the nose guard, hasn't warranted many opportunities for big plays. Ferguson has 21� sacks and 418 career tackles, with six forced fumbles, over his eight-year career.

And while those numbers might appear rather low for such a coveted lineman by the Cowboys, Ferguson understands that's just the nature of his position. He knows playing nose guard requires a selfless attitude, having to take on constant double-teams to free up teammates to make most of the plays.

"I'm a nose guard," Ferguson said. "That's what I do. I know what my role is and that's to clog up the middle and take up space. There's not a lot of glory in (the position) all the time, but that's what you do. And I've done it for a long time. The people who know football, they know how important that position is."

At least the person writing Ferguson's bonus check appears to appreciate the position. In fact, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said having as many talented defensive linemen as you can gather has been a rather steady recipe for success.

"In my experience in the NFL," Jones said, "when we've played at a championship level, we enjoyed strength and depth at the interior of the defensive line. Jason helps us be stronger, helps us be deeper and more talented in the interior of the defensive front."

Which leads to the most pressing question of the off-season . . . .

Just what kind of defensive front?

The Cowboys have yet to announce if they will indeed change to a 3-4 defensive scheme next season. Both Parcells and Jones have both said in the last two weeks next year's scheme will ultimately depend on the type of players acquired in the off-season through free agency and the draft.

So far, Ferguson is the only new player signed who might affect the scheme. But even he said it will not matter which alignment the Cowboys employ.

"Like I've said . . . I'm a nose guard," he said with that smile. "I've played the zero nose (3-4) or the tilt nose (4-3) and it doesn't really matter. Coach (Parcells) told me be ready. I really don't know what defense we're going to play. It doesn't matter. I'll be ready for whatever we do."

Now Ferguson certainly has a preference, saying the 4-3 defense allows him to make more plays since he lines up in a gap instead of directly over the center. Also, the tackle combination of Ferguson and five-time Pro Bowler La'Roi Glover could be quite a tandem, and that's something the team's newest defensive lineman already is excited about.

"Anytime you can play next to a guy like that, it can only help you become a better player," Ferguson said of Glover. "I've watched him play a lot because he's one of the best. Being a tackle, you watch all the other tackles around the league. So getting to play with him, is going to be really good for me, and hopefully the whole defense."

While Ferguson was quick to dish out compliments, most of the praises sung last Thursday were directed his way. In fact, even one of the other newest Cowboys seems fond of Ferguson's play.

"What I like about him is that he's big and thick," said Rivera, who admitted he hadn't played often against Ferguson, but has seen him enough of him on film to appreciate his talents. "He plays with great leverage. You can't push him back. He's a classic nose tackle, a hard-nosed, tough guy that plays with a little attitude."

Hard-nosed? Tough? With an attitude?

Yep, Ferguson isn't just linked to Parcells because he played three years for him back in the late 90's.

shadow walker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/8284322

shadow walker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CLE/8283131

shadow walker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

shadow walker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#okla

shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_room/news/arts/4090.0.html

shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_room/news/arts/4090.0.html

shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins Release FB Rob Konrad; Host Free Agent Offensive Lineman Damion Cook
March 14, 2005

The Miami Dolphins today terminated the contract of fullback Rob Konrad. The team also played host to a free agent visit from offensive lineman Damion Cook.

Konrad played six seasons with the Dolphins and posted career rushing totals of 38 carries for 114 yards and one touchdown. He also caught 111 passes for 854 yards and six scores.

http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol?http://www.nfl.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
he'd be a good HB coming out of the backfield...
do who do we use as an HB out of the back field...witten or cambell???

shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very interesting article: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8272680

Daboys2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Espn reports that Hartwell has signed with the Falcons.
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no1 has posted in here for almost a month!

Well on Monday the boys signed Marlon Tickles.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant believe i did all this...wow...i need a life. i dont know what the hell ima do after school. i graduated but i never thought the day would come when i would leave school.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: