Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

All Star gm mock draft. postponed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, tough spot for Baltimore to draft from. After failing to find a trade down partner, its time to throw a monkey wrench into this draft. With no clear stand out prospect, the Ravens decide to follow the BPA philosophy with a pick that most people wont agree with at all. Jimmy Williams probably would be the smartest pick, but personally I dont like him and Im not comfortable taking an offensive linemen here so the secondary and Oline will have to be put on hold for now. Okay, hold your breath and bite your lip people here it comes....

With the 13th pick in the NFL draft, the Baltimore Ravens select.....

Vernon "The Duke" Davis, TE, Maryland

So why the hell would Baltmore take The Duke when they've already got Todd Heap?
**First of all it follows the BPA philosophy, I firmly believe that Davis is the best overall prospect available at this point.
**Todd Heap is a critical part of the Ravens offense, without him its just not the same. Heap is taken quite a beating in his career so far and an injury to him takes a lot away from the offense. With Davis on the roster, you couldnt ask for a better insurance plan, the offense wouldnt skip a beat.
**While the offensive line wasnt helped with this pick, the running game was. Baltimore can now run a lot more 2 tight end formations to bolster support in the run game and at the same time, keep the defense off balance because of the recieving threat of Heap and Davis.
**Davis doesnt have to play exclusivly as a 3 point stance tight end. He has the ability to line up all over the field as a fullback, H-back or wide reciever. The Ravens have yet to have a 3rd reciever step up, so Davis could help fill that void.
**With Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason both 5-10, Vernon Davis gives the Ravens a boost in size and more importantly can provide some much needed help in the redzone where Baltimore was one of the worst teams in the league.
**What defense has the personel to stop Todd Heap, Vernon Davis, Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason?

Okay, I know a lot of people are going to strongly disagree with that pick, but what the heck, its a mock draft ment to be fun.
tdfast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
**First of all it follows the BPA philosophy, I firmly believe that Davis is the best overall prospect available at this point.

BPA, not a bad way to go with the way the cap rips teams apart.

raven5255 wrote:
**Todd Heap is a critical part of the Ravens offense, without him its just not the same. Heap is taken quite a beating in his career so far and an injury to him takes a lot away from the offense. With Davis on the roster, you couldnt ask for a better insurance plan, the offense wouldnt skip a beat.

That's a big statement. Heap's an all-pro.

raven5255 wrote:
**Davis doesnt have to play exclusivly as a 3 point stance tight end. He has the ability to line up all over the field as a fullback, H-back or wide reciever. The Ravens have yet to have a 3rd reciever step up, so Davis could help fill that void.

I agree with this, the only thing is that's a lot of different looks to put into the offense to accomidate one guy. We're seeing it more with the philosophy 'Just put athletes on the field', ie. Matt Jones with the Jags and next year with Bush and Young doing thier thing but to complicate things for Boller? I like Jimmy Williams in the secondary but if he's not your cup of tea this is a pretty cool pick. Like then the Chiefs took LJ when they had Priest. Didn't work out too bad for them.
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Vernon Davis pick seems more realistic than the Browns selection tho........cant understand them going for a RB when they just got Ruebegn Drougns or however u spell it from the Broncos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya that was a weird pick.... Confused

The Eagles are on the clock until 5 b/c the draft officially starts at noon on each day but people can still make there picks. That would be nice.

Dolphins Fan
steelman0417

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to fix the "weird" pick.

Lee121503 - Vikings GM - can you please PM about your pick. Thought you might be interested in DeAngelo Williams.

Thanks,

Brooks(steelman0417)
qball8001

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take Jimmy Williams. It is too late for me to work a trade sorry for the missed pick. I do not want to screw any one elses up. But, I would have liked to have Veron Davis.

Sorry for the missed pick. I had final bids this weeken d.
Phreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 14th overall pick in the 2006 NFL Entry Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Tamba Hali, Defensive End from Penn State

Sorry for the lateness, I was at work all day.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons are now on the clock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on guys!!who is the falcons gM,scarr??does he even know??

we should put the Gm of falcons s/n in the title like GM All star mock,Scarr998 is on the clock!!
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 15th pick of the NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select

Reason: Tye Hill should do great across from D-Hall. he is a very fast player and is extremely good in coverage. the only guy I have seen him has trouble with is Calvin Johnson. at RCB he won';t be playing the Calvin Johnsons of the world. so he shoudl be a very integral part of our new secondary.

EDIT: I updated the pick.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux

Last edited by scar988 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:

we should put the Gm of falcons s/n in the title like GM All star mock,Scarr998 is on the clock!!

I'm the Falcons GM. I just made my pick. I'm not interested in doing trades for this one.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Lee121503

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy was taken about three posts before you. The guy who missed his pick made it.

League record 296 yards rushing vs. San Diego
qball8001

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing out on Being on time I missed out on Davis. WHo I see as a purely gifted freak of a player. Our TE's are old and they are crucial to the Martz system.

But we take Jimmy Willaims and convert him to a FS. Which is not really a need but it makes the secondary that much better. Look for the Lions to actually trade down come draft time.
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:

i have been pming ppl that are on the clock after someone makes a pick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettWolfe and the Dolphins are now on the clock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: