Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is responsible for this??????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrClean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Who is responsible for this?????? Reply with quote

Is it Mcombs? If it is this could be like the curse of the Bambino!!!! Same situation. Fowlers said a couple of days ago that Moss is stayin. So what is the deal? Who is responsible!!!!!!!!!!!!
common cents

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's mcombs i can garuntee that...

conspiracy theory:

remember how he got all mad and threw a hissy fit when we the vikings faithful said no too a new stadium and then he was like oh you guys are like bad fans minnesota doesn't deserve a team i should move MY TEAM to california then the league mcombs you dumb [inappropriate/removed] you can't move the vikings they've sold out every game for like the past eight-nine years the mcombs was like well f*ck you league and fu*k you minnesota yall can keep the vikes i don't need'em or that stupid purple pride i was always talking about but ha ill get you fans one last time and screw you over real good and trade your best player for a f'ing weak ask lob.

thanks mcombs but i still got your punk ask for ransom i want moss back stat...or else...
MrClean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing...for a player that has a franchise tag you get 2 first round picks. We got 1 pick!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!! Somebody tell me somethin!!!!!!
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody would pay two first rounders for a headcase like Moss. Hell, I'm surprised they even got one high first rounder.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a started a # 1 and a late rounder would be ok but - n. harris ?
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trade a 5th round pick for that useless POS, if you trade what he does to your team and his cap # it just does not add up to being worth it.
He is a great WR no doubt but you just cant win big with all them damn destractions all the time.
common cents

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i wouldn't trade randy moss for any one player...the man scores two touchdowns a game when healthy show me someone who impacts the way a game is played the way moss does...anyone can run when you have to play one corner and a safety straight up on him and roll the other safety deep.
Nykooo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you guys just wait fot the deal to be official. If it does, you'll know Fowlers saw the deal before it was done. Otherwise, it's only a rumor for now. If I was the Vikings or the Raiders and the Deal was real, I'd be pissed off about that agent.

I don't get the deal. I know it would have been hard to get equal value, still making a deal when you are selling the team is not okay if you don't get the future owner opinion first. No matter what the league rules are about it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spiderman84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Payton's #1 fan Reply with quote

You are an idiot for talking that way about moss. Just cause you like the bears. McCombs is still a dildo and he's gonna be my biotch.
spiderman84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: same with you rush packer Reply with quote

same for you rush packer
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Payton's #1 fan Reply with quote

spiderman84 wrote:
You are an idiot for talking that way about moss. Just cause you like the bears. McCombs is still a dildo and he's gonna be my biotch.

you said Dildo

that really makes my day it could have gone either way at this point but after reading that i have new life. thankyou Spiderman
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna go on record as saying Paytonfan or Paytonlicker or whatever his name is, is the real dildo. How it will pain him to see that the Vikings are still gonna win the Central with the Bears and FudgePackers taking it in the rear, woops I meant bringing up the rear. This move can make the Vikings a better team. We can put our focus back to running the ball, pick up some good defensive talent in the draft with our picks, and spend the SH** out of our 36 MILLION in cap space. Harris presents an interesting option. The Vikings may opt to play a 3-4 next year. It would be an incredibly young corps of backers, but darn if it wouldn't be an incredibly talented and athletic one. Granted, I know we did bad enough with 3 on the field, but it may explain the move.
UtBDan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nykooo wrote:
Would you guys just wait fot the deal to be official. If it does, you'll know Fowlers saw the deal before it was done. Otherwise, it's only a rumor for now. If I was the Vikings or the Raiders and the Deal was real, I'd be pissed off about that agent.

I don't get the deal. I know it would have been hard to get equal value, still making a deal when you are selling the team is not okay if you don't get the future owner opinion first. No matter what the league rules are about it.

Actually, no Fowler won't see it.

Owners meeting/Fowler takes over: late March (I think the 23rd)
Trade processed: early March (I think the 2nd)
Vikings fan.
jacknine99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: A few observations for the “How could they trade Moss” crow Reply with quote

A few observations for the “How could they trade Moss” crowd:

1. Viking record last 4 seasons with Moss: well under .500

2. Of all sports, football is by far the most “team sport”, where unity and cohesion matters. Moss had become a disruption in the locker room and by requiring special rules because of his superstar status, undermined Tices ability to enforce overall team discipline.

3. Superbowls are not won with superstar receivers, but with, at minimum, a good defense. (If in doubt, name the Patriots superstar receiver or recall the Eagles without TO spanking the Vikings with Moss)

4. A receiving corps. ie. 3 starters more than good enough to win a Superbowl, can be paid with Moss’s $9 Mill a year, leaving more for defense.

5. The necessity to throw deep a number of times in each game, significantly detracted from developing the diverse offensive game that the Vikings have the personnel for.

People confuse great film high lights of spectacular catches with playing winning football.

If, granted a big if considering the Vikings past blunders, they execute the draft and free agency in a competent manner, this will be a far better team next year.

It would go something like this: Pick defense with both first round picks, not a receiver. Far better quality/value/choice in WR in free agency. Trade Bennett (preferably) or Smith for starter at corner or safety, depending on the draft choices. Pick up one more defensive starter in FA and they are still well under the cap this year and in even better shape beyond.

2005 Vikings outlook: Small reduction in points scored, but longer time of possession, resulting in fewer opponent possessions. With 5 new starters (counting Harris who may not be the next coming of Lawrence taylor but is better than anything they have now) and much better backups, defense becomes respectable to good. Aside from coaching, they will be as good as the Eagles and better than the Falcons. Still couldn’t beat the Pats or Steelers, but the best Viking team since the late 90’s.
T0wer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well put. I agree completely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: