Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FA receivers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which WR would you like the Eagles to pursue this offseason?
Plaxico Burress
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Laveranues Coles
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Mushin Muhammad
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Derick Mason
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Jerry Porter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Others
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

phila

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: FA receivers Reply with quote

As of now these are the possible WR FAs this offseason.
(P.S. please do not go on and on about how it is unlikely because there are enough threads that do so, please just say which one would you want the most to be in an Eagle uniform Smile )

*jerry porter resigns with the raiders
*muhsin muhadmad signs with the bears
*mason signs with the ravens
*TJ resigns with the bengals

Last edited by phila on Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose others, because I wouldn't want the Eagles to sign any FA WR's.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
phila

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask, why wouldn't you want to see one of these WRs on the Eagles? Their talents and skills far surpasses those of Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell combined Confused
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm content with T.O., I was on his bandwagon last year. This year the Eagles have T.O. and the Eagles don't need any more help at WR. Plus all of those guys will want alot of money and the Eagles need to spend their cap in other areas other than WR.

(p.s. off topic/side note to other board users, Now I'm starting to use "we" to refer to the Eagles and I have to catch myself and correct. You guys are bad influences.)

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
ssmedley8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree Ninja. The Eagles could use someone to complement TO. Just look at the Rams of a few years back and the Colts this past year. Teams with more than one receiving threat are ALMOST impossible to shut down. The fact of the matter is Spagetti arms Pinkston and Mitchell have already shown the Eagles that they need another receiver. I would like the Eagles to go after Houshmandzadeh.
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id want all of them receivers deffinetly because they all have great skill and are better than our current WR besides TO of course!

i would like to have houshmandzadeh next season and drop pinkston back to 4th receiver and have Greg Lewis in the slot. Houshmandzadeh isnt overall that flashy but is solid, and thats something we need!

(plus he wont cost as much as the other guys Very Happy )
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkston complements T.O. perfectly, Greg Lewis is a rising star. WR isn't a need people, the best you will get is Kevin Johnson or the Eagles will just draft someone in the 3rd or later.

The Eagles made it to the superbowl with only 1 number one this year, I don't see them going out and spending the money for a second number 1. That would just be foolish.

Houshmanzadeh's best friend is Chad Johnson, and Carson Palmer likes him alot. I don't see the Bengals letting him walk if they can prevent it. Plus he has had 1 good year and now he's a stud? Funny how that year went perfectly with his contract year. Say no to Housh.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
phila

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason why TJ started this season was because Peter Warrick was injured. I think the prior year Warrick had an 800+ yard season? I could be wrong. I think a reciever like TJ who is able to provide solid contributions that would be the best for the Eagles. Worse case senario is having sign another "star" reciever and having him arguing with Andy Reid about his shares of catches with TO. And i think Pinkston doesn't compliment T.O that well. He has a knack for coming on strong but watching him play is really discouraging. He dislikes going through the middle and does not really have a nose for the endzone. Pinkston isn't going to get better because this season playing opposite with TO was his best oppurtunity and he did not take advantage of this. I'm really excited for Greg Lewis and I think he's the perfect 3rd reciever. This offseason has a whole bunch of WRs who posess great abilties and skills. I just hope the Eagles will consider takine one Smile
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with everything phila just said.
maybe the injury to Warrick was all that TJ needed to show off what skills he has. also he wont demand top receiver money and if we signed him he would most likely get a contract similar to what we signed Pinkston to a few years back.

also Pinkston isnt a perfect complement and he has his chance this year and didnt prove anything. he played decent in the superbowl because he probably knew that if he didnt play good that game he would most likely be cut in the off-season.

Sign TJ i say!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: