Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2011 NFL Draft GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 35038
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Official 2011 NFL Draft GDT Reply with quote



Here we are gentlemen! The 2011 NFL Draft! T - 13 hours (From the time I made this thread) until the first picks of the draft.

So what will the Steelers do this year?
Arrow Do they wait on 31 for a CB, DE, or OL?
Arrow Do they move up using their first and second to gain a falling prospect and hope for success from that pick like in 03 and 06 with the selections of Troy Polamalu and Santonio Holmes?
Arrow Or do they trade back in hopes for more younger talent in the Black and Gold?

Either way, allow me to welcome in the future of the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Let's keep all our discussion here -


(Sorry if I snaked this from someone who was granted permission, but no one created one so I wanted to get one started).

GO STEELERS! Very Happy

_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 4044
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pumped! Took Leave for the next two days just to soak in all aspects of the draft. BTW, if the lockout is indeed over, especially if the 8th Circuit does not grant the stay, do the teams take UDFAs? Do they trade players? This could be a very exciting 3 to 4 days in my opinion!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyJoeYoung


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 2967
Location: Wakefield, England
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
I am pumped! Took Leave for the next two days just to soak in all aspects of the draft. BTW, if the lockout is indeed over, especially if the 8th Circuit does not grant the stay, do the teams take UDFAs? Do they trade players? This could be a very exciting 3 to 4 days in my opinion!

I was just wondering the exact same thing about the UDFA, player trades.

We could package Kemo with a 3rd/4th and a swap of firsts to grab Pouncey. Kill two birds with one stone.

I am so excited. I am going to wake up about 10 to 1 in the morning and watch every selection. Only time I should be missing is about 2 hours on Saturday (I have a cricket game, so hopefully we annihilate the other team and it ends early).
_________________


Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gunny Highway


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 1353
Location: BLEEDING BLACK AND GOLD
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all NFL owners will play it close to the vest - The judge stated specifically she isn't telling them ( ownership ) how they have to do business with the one exception they can't lock the players out. They can still forbid them to workout ( claiming insurance issues ), still not trade players etc

It should be an interesting draft
_________________
" Roger Goodell - Ruining the game I love - 1 fine at a time "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelbyN8re


Joined: 20 Apr 2011
Posts: 8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, regular reader, don't know that I will be able to contribute much but I got extra excited the other day about this drat and thought maybe I would chime in.

Question: I am the only one who really hopes Brandon Harris is the pick? I mean, obviously it depends how the draft falls, but based on what I have seen it seems like he will probably be there. If thats the case, I really want him. Anyone else?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlanFanecaFan


Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 10941
Location: Getting hammered with Jeff Reed
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelbyN8re wrote:
Hey guys, regular reader, don't know that I will be able to contribute much but I got extra excited the other day about this drat and thought maybe I would chime in.

Question: I am the only one who really hopes Brandon Harris is the pick? I mean, obviously it depends how the draft falls, but based on what I have seen it seems like he will probably be there. If thats the case, I really want him. Anyone else?


Hes the guy I want...only big weakness is size...decent in run game, can turn and run, good ball skills.
_________________


Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MOSteelers56


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 5215
Location: Anywheresville Missouri
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he's a moron but I saw that McShay had Prince dropping to 20.

I know thatd be a tough trade up but it could happen, even though Prince won't slip that far.
_________________

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gatoradus


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 2219
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Pouncey fall into 20's we will trade up. For sure.

If not, I see us trading back, irony of how we would trade up for just one player, i know Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 4044
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
SteelbyN8re wrote:
Hey guys, regular reader, don't know that I will be able to contribute much but I got extra excited the other day about this drat and thought maybe I would chime in.

Question: I am the only one who really hopes Brandon Harris is the pick? I mean, obviously it depends how the draft falls, but based on what I have seen it seems like he will probably be there. If thats the case, I really want him. Anyone else?


Hes the guy I want...only big weakness is size...decent in run game, can turn and run, good ball skills.


I just don't wath a lot of highlights or video on these guys, I go mainly off what the so called "experts" say about these guys. That being said, if Harris is as physical as they say and the whole Notre Dame game performance was just a fluke, than I'd be OK with the pick, especially if we could trade down a few spots. Ultimately, I have a man-crush on Dowling, so he's the CB I want early. Carmichael is the CB I want in Rd 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelbyN8re


Joined: 20 Apr 2011
Posts: 8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be ok if Dowling was the pick, but I would prefer Harris over him. Dowling certainly has the size advantage but, as I believe I have seen 43 mention before, Harris could have been a top ten pick if not for size. I remember before the "Draft Process" started he was going to the Cowboys at 9 in several mocks. If we can get someone with that talent level at 31 I'm all in. Especially if the cost is only two inches.
Still wouldn't be upset if we took Dowling though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlanFanecaFan


Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 10941
Location: Getting hammered with Jeff Reed
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
SteelbyN8re wrote:
Hey guys, regular reader, don't know that I will be able to contribute much but I got extra excited the other day about this drat and thought maybe I would chime in.

Question: I am the only one who really hopes Brandon Harris is the pick? I mean, obviously it depends how the draft falls, but based on what I have seen it seems like he will probably be there. If thats the case, I really want him. Anyone else?


Hes the guy I want...only big weakness is size...decent in run game, can turn and run, good ball skills.


I just don't wath a lot of highlights or video on these guys, I go mainly off what the so called "experts" say about these guys. That being said, if Harris is as physical as they say and the whole Notre Dame game performance was just a fluke, than I'd be OK with the pick, especially if we could trade down a few spots. Ultimately, I have a man-crush on Dowling, so he's the CB I want early. Carmichael is the CB I want in Rd 4.


From what I know Harris was only like 70% in that game...he was playing on a bum ankle and its not like Floyd is Troy Edwards or anything...Floyd is a damn good WR.
_________________


Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 4044
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
SteelbyN8re wrote:
Hey guys, regular reader, don't know that I will be able to contribute much but I got extra excited the other day about this drat and thought maybe I would chime in.

Question: I am the only one who really hopes Brandon Harris is the pick? I mean, obviously it depends how the draft falls, but based on what I have seen it seems like he will probably be there. If thats the case, I really want him. Anyone else?


Hes the guy I want...only big weakness is size...decent in run game, can turn and run, good ball skills.


I just don't wath a lot of highlights or video on these guys, I go mainly off what the so called "experts" say about these guys. That being said, if Harris is as physical as they say and the whole Notre Dame game performance was just a fluke, than I'd be OK with the pick, especially if we could trade down a few spots. Ultimately, I have a man-crush on Dowling, so he's the CB I want early. Carmichael is the CB I want in Rd 4.


From what I know Harris was only like 70% in that game...he was playing on a bum ankle and its not like Floyd is Troy Edwards or anything...Floyd is a damn good WR.


I had not heard that about Harris, so that is good to know. Really, w/ the success of the Steelers with 1st Rd picks, I'm not going to question anybody they take at 31. If it's Harris, than I'll assume he is the best guy for us. Where I question our picks are the following Rds. We've had some doosies in Rds 2 and 3...Limas Sweed, Alonzo Jackson, Ricardo Coclough (sp?) Bruce Davis, Matt Spaeth, Trai Essex, Anthony Smith, Willie Reid...you get the point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 35038
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
If Pouncey fall into 20's we will trade up. For sure.

If not, I see us trading back, irony of how we would trade up for just one player, i know Very Happy


I can't imagine the Texans or Lions passing him up one bit.

If he felt to 20, I'd be livid if we didn't try our hardest to go after him.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dook


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 2055
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pouncey isn't worth trading up for in the 1st. Why do that when we can stay at 31, take OG Ijalana and still have all our other picks?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlanFanecaFan


Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 10941
Location: Getting hammered with Jeff Reed
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
Pouncey isn't worth trading up for in the 1st. Why do that when we can stay at 31, take OG Ijalana and still have all our other picks?


If they traded up for Pouncey without somehow giving up their 2nd rounder, I would be OK with it...not happy but I would understand it.

If they trade up, I see it being for Watt, Cameron Jordan or a CB like Prince.
_________________


Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 1 of 56

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group