Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RamsFan24 Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: RamsFan24 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Cuts-

Cortland Finnergan-DB
Harvy Dahl-OG
Scott Wells-C

Resigns-

Roger Saffold-OG/OT
Jo-Lonn Dunbar-OLB
Tim Barnes-C
Kellen Clemens-QB
Chris Williams-OG

2014 Draft-

***The Rams trade pick #2 to Cleveland Brown's for picks #4 and #26***

Cleveland moves up to get their franchise quarterback, now this puts the Rams in a great position in the draft with 3 first rounders.

***The Rams trade pick#4 to the Atlanta Falcons for picks #6, 2nd and their 4th round selections***.

Les Snead and the FO aren't playing around in this years draft. The Falcons are able to come away with Clowney, an elite pass rusher that they where so in need of. So we drop back a couple more spots and pick up 2 more picks because of this. The Rams have to close the gap in talent in a very tuff NFC West division, so we are getting the proper talent to rise to the next level.

1A.) Sammy Watkins-WR, Clemson

Sammy will put the topping on the cake for the receiving core for the Rams. Watkins gives us not only another explosive receiver, but finally a #1 wide receiver. This will give Sam Bradford his best talent and playmakers that he has ever had, and coming off of an injury, he will need a true go too receiver.

1B.) Hasean "HA HA" Clinton-Dix-FS, Alabama

Hasean is the best free safety in draft, and we have had some very weak free safety play for years now. Ha Ha has really good range in coverage, great awareness, good hands, he is a solid tackler with the playmaking ability that we have been looking for. Hasean will come in and give us an nice young and strong safety duo for years to come along with TJ.

1C.) David Yankey-OG, Stanford

Yes, this might be my favorite pick, David is the best guard in this years draft, he is an plug and play starter at LG from day one. David has all the intangibles to not only be great, but he could easily be pro bowler in his rookie year. He reminds me of an more intelligent and not injury prone Roger Saffold. Yankey will complete an very nice offensive line that will punch their opponents in the mouth, Jeff Fishers style off course.

2A.) Aaron Donald-DT, Pittsburgh

Aaron Donald is an absolutely beast and an star in the making. Donald absolutely man handed every offensive lineman that was put in front of him. He is the best defensive tackle in the draft, and only is available in the 2nd because of his height. Aaron will come in and will give us the best d line in the NFL finally. We will have 7 very dangerous and talented lineman in rotation at all times.

2B.) Lamarcus Joyner-DB/S, Florida State

Joyner will come in day one and fill the role that Cortland was supposed to be doing for us. Lamarcus is just a playmaker, period. He plays like a giant, he has everything that you are looking for in a DB except height, but he's smarts, instincts, aggressiveness, good tackling and versatility makes up for it. He can play every position in the secondary, and he is an great leader.
3.) James Hurst-OT, North Carolina

James will come in as the 3rd tackle on the roster, and insurance for Jake Long. Hurst is a 4 year starter that has excellent skills in pass and run blocking with a very good combination of hands, quick feet, power, awareness, and most of all, his smarts. James could end up at RT before the year is up if fully recovered from his lower leg injury.

4A.) Pierre Desir-DB, Lindenwood

Surprise pick here, Les isn't playing around with finding the best talent in every round, no matter what. Pierre is a hometown player that is rising up the draft boards, he has been a man among boys at Lindenwood. Desir is a big 6'1, 205 pound DB that has the speed, strength, and playmaking ability to come in and compete for the 4th corner back position. You can never have enough DB's, and this will give us great depth at the secondary position, Brandon McGee will have to fight for his spot.

4B.) Aaron Murray-QB, Georgia

Aaron will come in and be the back up to Sam, and insurance just in case he isn't completely ready, or misses some time this season. Murray has an great deep ball with some good accuracy. He would be a nice fill in QB, he is a little short, but he played big in a strong SEC, great developmental QB with enough talent to come in and win if need be.

5.) Ronald Powell-OLB, Florida

Ronald would come in and basically be added depth, a special teamer that can possibly develop into a nice backer one day. Powell was a rising star before his acl injuries, this will be year 2 coming off of the injury, he could be a nice gem in the late rounds if fully healthy.

6.) Gabe Ikard-C, Oklahoma

Yes another lineman, Gabe will come in and compete with Barnes and Jones for a spot at the center position. Great added depth here, with some high potential to be groomed to start.

7.) Trey Millard-FB, Oklahoma

Trey would come in and compete with Harkey for the FB position, especially with the style of play that we present.

Well let me know how you'll think about this mock off-season, as this is the 1st of many more in 2014.

Code:
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a big fan of Hurst, and while I think late 1st is too early for Yankey, I would be mostly cool with this draft. I have no idea who the guy from Lindenwood is though.

I could see that trade scenario happening, although I could definitely see the Jags snaggin Clowney should he be there at 3.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Greg Robinson
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I have no idea who the guy from Lindenwood is though.

He's actually a really good prospect. I've seen him a couple times, Lindenwood is 10 minutes from my house and my sister plays volleyball there...

He's gonna shoot up boards after the east/west shrine game and the combine. He's a very good athlete and has great size for the position. Very good football IQ/awareness for a small school guy. He dominated the competition...

I think he could line up at either CB or FS at the next level...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
Brodie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but if we trade down to 4 and Clowney is still there. Idc we take him. I dont want that extra 4th

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Im not a big fan of Hurst, and while I think late 1st is too early for Yankey, I would be mostly cool with this draft. I have no idea who the guy from Lindenwood is though.

I could see that trade scenario happening, although I could definitely see the Jags snaggin Clowney should he be there at 3.

I think Hurst was a very good LT, he started every game of his 4 years in college and was left on an island, and he held his own. I really liked how he knew all the line and protection calls, and just how he was a strong leader out their on the field. I think Yankey will be a pro bowler, he just man handled the people in front of him with ease, he would give us an excellent talent for years to come.

Code:
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
I have no idea who the guy from Lindenwood is though.

He's actually a really good prospect. I've seen him a couple times, Lindenwood is 10 minutes from my house and my sister plays volleyball there...

He's gonna shoot up boards after the east/west shrine game and the combine. He's a very good athlete and has great size for the position. Very good football IQ/awareness for a small school guy. He dominated the competition...

I think he could line up at either CB or FS at the next level...

Yes I really think that he is going to blow up the boards also, we could start to put together some big corners just Seattle with talent.

Code:
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Sorry but if we trade down to 4 and Clowney is still there. Idc we take him. I dont want that extra 4th

I'm as big of a clowney fan as their is, but I would really like if these trades and draft went down like this, we would be putting together a very young, talented and dangerous team with some very explosive playmakers. I would love to get Clowney, but I would rather draft a #1 receiver in Watkins and a stud like Aaron Donald and Desir in place of just Clowney.

Code:
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:
Yes I really think that he is going to blow up the boards also, we could start to put together some big corners just Seattle with talent.

Honestly, I think after it's all said and done he could end up as a 2nd-3rd round guy...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurst had a bad injury, I don't know if he'll be back at his prior form anytime soon and the Rams shouldn't draft him thinking he will.

Clinton-Dix isn't any better than Pryor and at this point both should go late 1st round. Clinton-Dix at #13 isn't good value in my opinion.

Otherwise I like most the other picks.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You certainly got a nice collection of players in this mock. Good job.

My gripe comes in with the double trade down.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Hurst had a bad injury, I don't know if he'll be back at his prior form anytime soon and the Rams shouldn't draft him thinking he will.

Clinton-Dix isn't any better than Pryor and at this point both should go late 1st round. Clinton-Dix at #13 isn't good value in my opinion.

Otherwise I like most the other picks.

Why wouldn't Hurst come back a nytime soon from his injury, it was the same kind of leg injury ( broken leg) as T.J. McDonald from what I read. It just happened in his bowl game, but he should be back to form before the season, and he doesn't have a injury problems in the past, I think he could be a very nice swing tackle, which could work he's way into the starting line up later.

Now I can only respect your opinion on drafting him at 13, but he's long gone before we would of picked again, and Ha Ha isn't getting passed the Cowboys most likely. Clinton-Dix is projected in the mid range of the first, so pick 13th is right around where he is projected, because he isn't making it pass 20 in my opinion with back to back teams in need of safety players. Now I'ved watched a lot of film on Proyor, not only do I don't see the hype on him, but I feel Ha Ha is just a flat out better prospect.

Code:
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

Thanks J.R.S., but I wouldn't be shocked if we traded back twice on draft day, Les Snead has been really aggressive in the last couple drafts.

Code:
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Thanks J.R.S., but I wouldn't be shocked if we traded back twice on draft day, Les Snead has been really aggressive in the last couple drafts.

I understand your point, but unless we trade with Cleveland prior to draft day, we would have only a few minutes to make a deal with Atlanta. I guess that's not an impossible obstacle though. We shall see.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mock a lot overall, though the double trade back may be a bit more optimistic than realistic. Not a big fan of the Hurst pick though. Love the Pierre Desir pick. I had him in a few mocks I've been working on.

^El Ramster^

If you're into hardcore/metal, check out my band: Portrait of a Prophecy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Portrait-of-a-Prophecy/118264468260007
California Ram

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
I like the mock a lot overall, though the double trade back may be a bit more optimistic than realistic. Not a big fan of the Hurst pick though. Love the Pierre Desir pick. I had him in a few mocks I've been working on.

3 Seasons 25 career Int .... That's Stupid Crazy !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: