Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Mock - Wentz, Goff, Cook and Treadwell gone before 15.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: My Mock - Wentz, Goff, Cook and Treadwell gone before 15. Reply with quote

This is more of what I'd like to see happen versus what I think will happen. I never would've thought Todd Gurley at 10 last year and I'm sure we'll see a few more surprises before now and Game 1.

After seeing Wentz, Goff, Treadwell, Jack, and Cook all off the board by 15, Houston trades up to 15 to get a solid weapon for Osweiler and selects Corey Coleman - WR/Baylor. Houston gives up their #1,3,5 in 2017.

1. Mackensie Alexander - CB/Clemson
Solid/Versatile corner - JJ's replacement - Gaines missed an entire season and we can't bank on him jumping in day 1 and locking it down over there and signing Cody Sensabaugh helped zero.
2. Tyler Boyd - WR/Pittsburgh
finally our #1 WR and it's he's a STEAL
2. Jaylon Smith - OLB/Norte Dame
no brainer if he's still here.
3. Sterling Shepard - WR/Oklahoma
Boyd, Austin, and Shepard? Greatest show on turf 2.0
3. Brandon Allen - QB/Arkansas
Better prospect than Lynch and Cook, IMO. More accurate, better delivery, smarter, and better footwork...just like the others he'll take some work but he's got all the tools to compete as a starter in the NFL.
4. Shawn Oakman - DE/Baylor
Solid pass rush option to replace Long
5. Tyler Higbee - TE/W.Kentucky
Reminds me a little of Gronk.
6. Daniel Lasco - RB/California
Perfect change of pace back to replace Mason/Cunningham?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be REALLY REALLY surprised if both Cook and Treadwell are off the board at 15. And I dont see Houston moving up for a WR when there will be a few good ones available at 22.

But lets just say this did happen. I dont like it. All but Boyd, Shepard, and Higbee. And as much as I like both Boyd and Shepard, I dont see us taking two WRs.

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Trumaine Johnson:
TKL: INT: PBU: FF: FR:
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Id be REALLY REALLY surprised if both Cook and Treadwell are off the board at 15. And I dont see Houston moving up for a WR when there will be a few good ones available at 22.

But lets just say this did happen. I dont like it. All but Boyd, Shepard, and Higbee. And as much as I like both Boyd and Shepard, I dont see us taking two WRs.

Treadwell will be gone by 15. If Philly doesn't take him someone like Detroit could trade up for him. If Wentz goes #2 Goff goes shortly after that to Dallas or SF, ideally. Teams have (historically) traded up to get their QB, even if it's higher than expected. I could totally see a few teams moving up before LA to get Cook: Denver, Chicago, NY Jets, Buffalo, or Kansas City? Also, I don't see LA going QB in 1st round or 15th overall, for that matter, if it's not Wentz or Goff.

So, if you're sitting at 15 and those players are off the board I think the best bet is to move back and gather some extra picks. The value seems to be unchanged mid-to-later 1st round.

..and how can you NOT like the Jaylon Smith in 2nd rd!? you'd be mad if that happened? dude is a BEAST....let him get healthy for half the season then let that dude loose!
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I doubt Treadwell will be gone at 15. Is it possible? Sure, but Id say there is a better chance he is there than not.

Jaylon might not even play again. His medical eval at the combine wasnt good at all. Im not saying I wouldnt take a chance, but not in the 2nd. Especially when we have some other needs for guys who can and should come in and contribute right away.

RamPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Again, I doubt Treadwell will be gone at 15. Is it possible? Sure, but Id say there is a better chance he is there than not.

Jaylon might not even play again. His medical eval at the combine wasnt good at all. Im not saying I wouldnt take a chance, but not in the 2nd. Especially when we have some other needs for guys who can and should come in and contribute right away.

wow! I didn't know it maybe career ending? good point on that...and with Treadwell's 40 time I may have spoke too soon.
socalmab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to be negative but why draft an injured player that might be available in the 4th round? I am a bit disheartened that the QB you have us drafting is compared to Keenum. I like Boyd think he is a better value then Treadwell who will be there at 15. I also think Brown can be a back up running back. I guess i want qb with upside.wr.unique te.lb.safety,center before i look at rb
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Cook being gone by this point. No way IMO. But if these 4 are gone then I'm taking Lynch without hesitation.

^El Ramster^
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Gabbert and Ponder can go within the top 15, than Cook certainly could. I think he's being a bit underrated by the media.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
If Gabbert and Ponder can go within the top 15, than Cook certainly could. I think he's being a bit underrated by the media.

He is being underrated, but while Ponder and Gabbert jumped is for the opposite reason why Cook is falling. Off the field concerns. Nothing to do with talent.

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:

That was also a weird draft. No FA before the draft so teams couldn't fill their QB needs.

Off the field? Like when he is grocery shopping, does he block the freezer aisle with his sluggish selection of which hungry man to buy?
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

He is being underrated, but while Ponder and Gabbert jumped is for the opposite reason why Cook is falling. Off the field concerns. Nothing to do with talent.

his poor footwork and mobility, accuracy concerns, and leadership skills are all talent concerns, bruh! He's actually OVERRATED and won't even be a factor in the league. Period....i'll be back on here next year to tell you "I told you so" Wink
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

his poor footwork and mobility, accuracy concerns, and leadership skills are all talent concerns, bruh! He's actually OVERRATED and won't even be a factor in the league. Period....i'll be back on here next year to tell you "I told you so" Wink

Will you be back to eat crow if you're wrong? Laughing

Off the field? Like when he is grocery shopping, does he block the freezer aisle with his sluggish selection of which hungry man to buy?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

Idk where these "accuracy concerns" are coming from. He may have a bad pass or two, but everything that Ive seen hes been on the money for the most part showing both touch and decent velocity when needed. His footwork isnt that bad at all and neither is his mobility. Leadership is an issue however and thats why hes being UNDERRATED.

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

Idk where these "accuracy concerns" are coming from. He may have a bad pass or two, but everything that Ive seen hes been on the money for the most part showing both touch and decent velocity when needed. His footwork isnt that bad at all and neither is his mobility. Leadership is an issue however and thats why hes being UNDERRATED.

Where are Connor Cook's accuracy concerns coming from? The film. His ball placement is not at all a strength. It's the biggest limitation to his upside. He misses a number of routine throws each game.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive watched every single game of his. He mightve averaged 1 or 2 a game? Again, Im not denying they dont exist, but there is much more good than bad. Id rather take him in the end of the 1st or top/mid 2nd over Lynch and its not even close to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: