Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beast's Mock Draft 4/5/16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Beast's Mock Draft 4/5/16 Reply with quote

This is the first mock that I've presented this offseason. Feedback is always welcome and appreciated, be it good or bad.

Mock Draft:

1) Paxton Lynch--QB--Memphis
While our opinions of the top three QB's may vary, one thing we can all agree on is the fact that this team is not going to do anything serious until they get themselves a franchise QB. Snead and Fisher keep saying that Keenum is the starter going into the season and we can only pray that they're either lying or mean that only to start the beginning of the season. It may be a risky move to sit still at 15 and wait for a QB, but I really do like our chances of landing one of the top 3 guys. At the end of the day, I think Lynch is the one that falls in our laps and I believe he actually fits what this team would like in a QB--a big, athletic guy who has monster potential. I've really warmed up to the thought of Lynch being the quarterback of the Los Angeles Rams.

2a) Michael Thomas--WR--Ohio State
I was reallllllly hoping that Josh Doctson falls to this spot in the draft, but at this point in the game, I really just don't see it happening. I like Tyler Boyd a lot, but I see him thriving predominantly in the slot--which is not what this team needs. We need a true wideout on the perimeter. Enter Thomas. He's a guy who could easily be gone by this point as well, but seems to be flying under the radar as I'm not hearing any buzz regarding him at all besides Bleacher Report's Matt Miller. Thomas is a big body with good athleticism to go with it. He's got great potential. His production in college is certainly a red flag, but one may argue that was due to the team under utilizing him. This is a player you take and hope he turns into what he's capable of. This may yell Brian Quick all over again to us, but I like the odds of Thomas becoming something a lot better. Fingers crossed.

TRADE: Rams trade down to Atlanta's spot in the 2nd round. With all of the top tier CB's taken at this point, there doesn't seem a player that deems worthy of this selection for us that fits what we're looking for. The Falcons move up ahead of both Detroit and Buffalo to secure one of the last remaining top DE's. We pick up an extra fourth rounder. Both teams leave happy. Side note--I'm not a fan of predicting trades, as fans so often do it and make it seem like every other team is just so willing to deal with their team at any given moment, but I feel this is a realistic option, and it just wouldn't seem like a Snead draft without a trade.

2b) Kendall Fuller--CB--Virginia Tech
After moving back to Atlanta's original spot, we take the next best available CB and get him at a better value. Kendall was viewed as the more talented of the Fuller brothers, but his injury really did a hurting to his stock. I like Gaines a lot but we can't just expect him to come back after his injury with only one good year of production. He's still an unknown. I don't think much of Sensabaugh other than depth. Between Gaines and Fuller, I think we'll have ourselves--if nothing else--a solid option opposite of Trumaine Johnson. I like Kendall Fuller's game and what he offers.

3) Nick Martin--C--Notre Dame
I've seen Martin pegged in a wide range of slots in mock drafts so it's difficult to gauge where he'll actually land come draft day, but this seems to be a good spot for him. Nick, the younger and less talented brother of Zack, is a smart, tough player who really knows how to play with technique and leverage. He won't be a physically dominant player (hence being taken in the third round), but I believe he'd come in and immediately be an upgrade over Barnes. I think Martin would be a great fit along this O-Line.

4a) Sean Davis--FS--Maryland
Davis is a big, long, very athletic player who'd be making the transition from CB. This guy likes to lay the wood, which seems quite fitting with our secondary. His issue is his skills with man coverage, which is the main reason he's a better fit at FS than CB. He has the ability to be a good center fielder in zone coverage and come up in run support. Davis may not be ready to come in right away and start for us, but could become something if given the time and development.

4b) Tyler Higbee--TE--Western Kentucky
Using the 4th rounder that we picked up from Atlanta, we select Tyler Higbee. Higbee is a good, solid--yet unspectacular TE who would be a great value in the 4th round. He's really flown under the radar, but I look at him as someone who can actually come into the NFL and be a productive player. Kendricks is just OK, and while I like Harkey a lot, he's not a big receiving threat. We need to bring someone else in to offer competition to Kendricks.

6) De'Runnya Wilson--WR--Mississippi State
Wilson is a huge receiver at 6'5". He's a former basketball player and it shows in his route running--especially in the red zone. Prior to the combine, he was a guy viewed as a 3rd or 4th rounder. The reason he drops? That dreadful 40 time he ran. But he's got size that you can't teach and he'd be a valuable asset when we're in the red zone. He could be a big safety blanket if nothing else for our new Quarterback.

Thanks for reading. Thoughts?

^El Ramster^
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems pretty good to me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely warming up to the idea of Lynch if the other guys are gone, but I'd really want to do my best to trade back to get him. M.Thomas I'm not terribly high on but getting him here does appear to be solid value. You mention drafting Fuller due to Gaines injury last year, but remember Fuller had micro fracture surgery on his knee last year, which is likely more concerning going forward then Gaines foot injury. Though I did like Fuller prior to his injury.

Martin is good pick, love Davis. Rest is solid, not a fan of Wilson but in the 6th its hard to argue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything except the first 2 picks. And Im not quite sure Martin will last that far.

Not knocking it because it is a possible outcome and its not terrible, just not a fan of Lynch and Thomas.

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Trumaine Johnson:
TKL: INT: PBU: FF: FR:
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be my favorite mock yet.

Lynch and Thomas are an awesome 1-2 combo. Not a fan of Fuller but at that spot I won't complain. Martin in the 3rd would work. LOVE Davis and Higbee at 4-5 (doubt either make it though). Just a shame you had to end this masterpiece with De'Joggya Wilson Laughing

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I'm definitely warming up to the idea of Lynch if the other guys are gone, but I'd really want to do my best to trade back to get him. M.Thomas I'm not terribly high on but getting him here does appear to be solid value. You mention drafting Fuller due to Gaines injury last year, but remember Fuller had micro fracture surgery on his knee last year, which is likely more concerning going forward then Gaines foot injury. Though I did like Fuller prior to his injury.

Martin is good pick, love Davis. Rest is solid, not a fan of Wilson but in the 6th its hard to argue.

While I knew Fuller has an injury, admittedly I did not know he had micro fracture surgery. Certainly raises my concern. Like I said though, between him and Gaines, my guess is that at least one pans out. I still like the potential with both.

^El Ramster^
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I like everything except the first 2 picks. And Im not quite sure Martin will last that far.

Not knocking it because it is a possible outcome and its not terrible, just not a fan of Lynch and Thomas.

While I understand why people wouldn't like Lynch as a top prospect, I'm curious as to what you don't like Michael Thomas? I don't see many in love with him but I also don't really see many that actually dislike him as a prospect.

^El Ramster^
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:

Lynch and Thomas are an awesome 1-2 combo. Not a fan of Fuller but at that spot I won't complain. Martin in the 3rd would work. LOVE Davis and Higbee at 4-5 (doubt either make it though). Just a shame you had to end this masterpiece with De'Joggya Wilson Laughing

Thanks for the love. The De'Joggya comment gave me a real laugh Laughing
I know his O-Line worthy speed is reason for people to want nothing to do with him but the way I'm looking at it is he at least offers serious size for a receiver and in the 6th round, that's a lot more than most other guys can offer.

^El Ramster^
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

Thanks for the love. The De'Joggya comment gave me a real laugh Laughing
I know his O-Line worthy speed is reason for people to want nothing to do with him but the way I'm looking at it is he at least offers serious size for a receiver and in the 6th round, that's a lot more than most other guys can offer.
It's not just speed. His acceleration and agility are huge red flags. I have an undraftable grade on him. But everyone has different opinions.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

While I understand why people wouldn't like Lynch as a top prospect, I'm curious as to what you don't like Michael Thomas? I don't see many in love with him but I also don't really see many that actually dislike him as a prospect.

Hes a bit robotic and I think was made to look good by drawing a lot of single coverage because of teams stacking the box with OSUs run game. He has the potential to be a stud, but I just prefer a lot of other guys, even in the 2nd.

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Trumaine Johnson:
TKL: INT: PBU: FF: FR:
#39 Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this mock.

^Salt&Pepper
Headbanger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your mock in general, but we don't need two project WR's.

"Sometimes two...Sometimes three...That's how many you need and you still can't handle me."
By David "Deacon" Jones.

RAMS MY TEAM TILL THE DAY I DIE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: