Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Introduction Thread: Just Who do you think you are?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep, you went with Non-Issue? Won't you tire of it when the irony wears off?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Naw, I wanted something nondescript. Those types of names seem to survive change the best. And most names lose their luster after some time I have noticed.

I almost went with "Rams are Back." "Or Back in LA."

Now that I think about it, "Old Youngblood" might have worked. Huh...

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Naw, I wanted something nondescript. Those types of names seem to survive change the best. And most names lose their luster after some time I have noticed.

I use OldSchool on some other Rams sites but thought about something with Youngblood.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I use OldSchool on some other Rams sites but thought about something with Youngblood.

How awesome is that dude?

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
Car_Ramrod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: Chris Long.

What do you do?: I currently work in the television industry but, I will be going back to school to get my masters.

What other teams are you a fan of?: La Kings, Usc Trojans, La Lakers, Chicago Bears

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.: Played football, basketball and lacrosse in high school. I get together every month or so with my college buddies and we throw the pigskin around.

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history): Alice Eve

What do you like to eat?: steak and breakfast foods.

What other hobbies do you have?: fantasy football, drawing, movies

Why did you choose your username?: supertroopers

Name one really cool event in your life.: Back in 2006, I took a study abroad program in high school. I stayed in Spain over the summer while the World Cup was happening. It was absolutely incredible.
LARams91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, been following this forum closely now for close to six years. I finally decided to join up and be a part of the action. I've been following the draft closely since 2009 and over the past two or three years have really honed in on it. I'd like to think some of my QB and WR tastes fall in line with Jrry Very Happy (Big Wentz/Goff and Boyd guy). I think with some of the moves the front office has made, while controversial, are best short and long term for our franchise. I see this draft as one that will not necessarily put us over the top, but keep us competitive for several years to come. Hopefully we keep most of our own free agents so we can build chemistry long-term and can focus on offensive playmakers throughout the draft. I look forward to more posts and lets go RAMS!
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LARams91 wrote:
Hey all, been following this forum closely now for close to six years. I finally decided to join up and be a part of the action. I've been following the draft closely since 2009 and over the past two or three years have really honed in on it. I'd like to think some of my QB and WR tastes fall in line with Jrry Very Happy (Big Wentz/Goff and Boyd guy). I think with some of the moves the front office has made, while controversial, are best short and long term for our franchise. I see this draft as one that will not necessarily put us over the top, but keep us competitive for several years to come. Hopefully we keep most of our own free agents so we can build chemistry long-term and can focus on offensive playmakers throughout the draft. I look forward to more posts and lets go RAMS!

Welcome aboard!
LARams91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
LARams91 wrote:

Welcome aboard!

Thank you Sir!
Car_Ramrod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LARams91 wrote:

Welcome!
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LARams91 wrote:

Welcome! I wouldn't listen to that jrry32 guy. I hear that El Ramster is the real genius. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
LARams91 wrote:

Welcome! I wouldn't listen to that jrry32 guy. I hear that El Ramster is the real genius. Wink

I never said I was right in agreeing with you, just that I have a few similar prospects I like Laughing . Thank you, trying to keep some draft and offseason discussion going!
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: I've got two for two different reasons. From a pure player standpoint it is and will likely always be Jack Youngblood. Yes, it should probably be my distant cousin who was a Ram (and is in the HOF), but Elroy Hirsch had retired long before I was even born and I met him all of once before he died... and I was 6 years old with no great appreciation for who he was.

One particular Ram from my childhood will always have a soft spot in my heart though and that's Flipper Anderson. He was just that guy who really embraced the local community here in LA and especially Orange County - and rallied to get guys like Everett and Roman Phifer to come to meet & greets and signings at local pizza parlors (and bought food and soda for fan club folks who showed up on his own dime). Just one of those guys you could genuinely tell appreciated and reciprocated towards the fans.

What do you do?: I teach... which isn't to say I can't do therefore I teach, but well... maybe when it comes to writing films, I teach about film because I can't make films. But whatever. Mainly, I teach high school English along with a two senior elective classes (one of which is Film Appreciation) and coach high school volleyball. I also sit on the Board of Directors for a non-profit corporation that funds preschool and pre-K schooling and school breakfasts/lunches for low-income and single-parent families.

I'm entirely too ambitious for my own health though. I've been looking into Educational Doctorate programs (I have my Masters in Education), with the potential aim to teach at collegiate level - though seeing some college students of late I've started to really reconsider that.

What other teams are you a fan of?: Arsenal FC, Los Angeles Clippers (since the Danny Manning, Mark Jackson days), California Angels (don't even try me with that LA of Anaheim crap...), Chicago Blackhawks (yeah, sticks out like a sore thumb, but my mom's family is from Chicago and they're who got me into hockey)

Do you play sports? I was a four-sport athlete growing up (football, soccer, volleyball, and surfing - yes... in SoCal middle schools and high schools have surf teams). Played soccer on scholarship for UC Santa Barbara till graduation. I was trying to get back into rec league volleyball and indoor soccer until we had our twins three years ago - which also happened to coincide with a particularly nasty ankle injury. Now I'm considering it again with the kids getting older, but have to fit it into the schedule with coaching.

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history):
I think I can actually pick one of the women off my wife's list (yes, there are women on her list, though if I'm being honest I doubt she'd ever actually act on that even if we could pull one of said women...) so...

Olivia Wilde - because she's freakin' gorgeous, smart, well-spoken, and crass as all hell (I'm pretty sure she cusses more than I do and that's an accomplishment, let me tell you!)

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: I've got two for two different reasons. From a pure player standpoint it is and will likely always be Jack Youngblood. Yes, it should probably be my distant cousin who was a Ram (and is in the HOF), but Elroy Hirsch had retired long before I was even born and I met him all of once before he died... and I was 6 years old with no great appreciation for who he was.

One particular Ram from my childhood will always have a soft spot in my heart though and that's Flipper Anderson. He was just that guy who really embraced the local community here in LA and especially Orange County - and rallied to get guys like Everett and Roman Phifer to come to meet & greets and signings at local pizza parlors (and bought food and soda for fan club folks who showed up on his own dime). Just one of those guys you could genuinely tell appreciated and reciprocated towards the fans.

What do you do?: I teach... which isn't to say I can't do therefore I teach, but well... maybe when it comes to writing films, I teach about film because I can't make films. But whatever. Mainly, I teach high school English along with a two senior elective classes (one of which is Film Appreciation) and coach high school volleyball. I also sit on the Board of Directors for a non-profit corporation that funds preschool and pre-K schooling and school breakfasts/lunches for low-income and single-parent families.

I'm entirely too ambitious for my own health though. I've been looking into Educational Doctorate programs (I have my Masters in Education), with the potential aim to teach at collegiate level - though seeing some college students of late I've started to really reconsider that.

What other teams are you a fan of?: Arsenal FC, Los Angeles Clippers (since the Danny Manning, Mark Jackson days), California Angels (don't even try me with that LA of Anaheim crap...), Chicago Blackhawks (yeah, sticks out like a sore thumb, but my mom's family is from Chicago and they're who got me into hockey)

Do you play sports? I was a four-sport athlete growing up (football, soccer, volleyball, and surfing - yes... in SoCal middle schools and high schools have surf teams). Played soccer on scholarship for UC Santa Barbara till graduation. I was trying to get back into rec league volleyball and indoor soccer until we had our twins three years ago - which also happened to coincide with a particularly nasty ankle injury. Now I'm considering it again with the kids getting older, but have to fit it into the schedule with coaching.

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history):
I think I can actually pick one of the women off my wife's list (yes, there are women on her list, though if I'm being honest I doubt she'd ever actually act on that even if we could pull one of said women...) so...

Olivia Wilde - because she's freakin' gorgeous, smart, well-spoken, and crass as all hell (I'm pretty sure she cusses more than I do and that's an accomplishment, let me tell you!)

Why don't you coach soccer?

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

I've been trying and on the shortlist for the frosh/soph mens team at my school for a while now, but our school is actually really good at soccer (4 out of the last 5 league championships, made CIF semi's 2 of those years) and the head coach is comfortable, so the hierarchy hasn't changed. I've been holding out hope our JV Coach will get an offer to head his own program somewhere, but he's a teacher like me (different department) so a new coaching gig would probably mean a new teaching position as well, and we're both tenured at our current positions.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

I've been trying and on the shortlist for the frosh/soph mens team at my school for a while now, but our school is actually really good at soccer (4 out of the last 5 league championships, made CIF semi's 2 of those years) and the head coach is comfortable, so the hierarchy hasn't changed. I've been holding out hope our JV Coach will get an offer to head his own program somewhere, but he's a teacher like me (different department) so a new coaching gig would probably mean a new teaching position as well, and we're both tenured at our current positions.

Can you volunteer or do they already have enough coaches?(or do you not want to volunteer since you won't get paid?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: