You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we get Mario w/ the 1st What Lb should we get

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Linebacker should we get
Ernie Sims
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Abdual Hodge
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Thomas Howard
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Kai Parham
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D'quelle Jackson
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Other [ specify]
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: If we get Mario w/ the 1st What Lb should we get Reply with quote

I want AJ Hawk wearing Green, but I think GB will take Mario. So then I started looking at LB's for the 2nd round and I really like 2 of them

Thomas Howard and Ernie Sims. What linebacker would you want to have in round two, except for Hawk, Carpenter, Greenway and Ryans.
MadWisconian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Demeco Ryans, because he's smart, a leader, and a solid all around LB.

But a guy I suprised nobody's talking about is Tim McGarigle. The guy had 81 solo & 156 total tackles for Northwestern, among the top tacklers in the nation. He had similar numbers in 03 & 04, as well. Right now he's a projected 6th rounder, but I'll be shocked if he lasts that long. I guess it'll depend on the type of athlecism he shows at the combine.
DaPack!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty high on D'Qwell Jackson right now. I think Maryland has got something going and is starting to produce some big time talents up there. (Merriman, Vernon Davis, Jackson). I think this guy will shock some at the combine and probably move out of our reach at #36.
gbmurphy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'Q and Hodge are future Pro Bowlers. Those guys absouletely love to crunch bones. They are both fast and get to the ballcarriers.

The other guys are good as well, but these two are sensational.

I agree with the comment about the sleeper, McGarrigle, from Northwestern. He'd be a steal in round 6. These guys make tackles. That's what we need. Even under Bates, our linebackers, except for Nick, failed to recognize the runs and lanes, and failed to make tackles. That's why we were 23rd against the run. That ain't getting it done. AND that was WITH big ole fat Grady occupying two blocks.

1979 Rookie Joe Montana, 6-2, 197
1985 Rookie Steve Young, 6-2, 215
1991 Rookie Brett Favre, 6-2, 227
2005 Rookie Aaron Rodgers, 6-2, 223
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF we take Mario, then I would want
1. Thomas Howard- he's big and FAST, came in as a corner, and knows what the definition of hardwork is- he was a walk on. This might not mean anything, but I love that he was a Packer fan. JUST READ MY SIG!

2. Ernie Sims- I'm over him being a SS and I think he will be great in the WLB slot. He's fast, strong sor his size, and is always the toughest guy on the field. He's also a team player. DOES ANYONE REMEMBER WHEN HE PRETENDED TO BE INJURED AT THIS YEAR'S MIAMI GAME TO GIVE HIS TEAMMATES A BREATHER? THAT'S CREATIVE TEAMWORK AND THEY ENDED UP WINNING!

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
mossman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbmurphy wrote:
D'Q and Hodge are future Pro Bowlers. Those guys absouletely love to crunch bones. They are both fast and get to the ballcarriers.

I agree with the comment about the sleeper, McGarrigle, from Northwestern. He'd be a steal in round 6. These guys make tackles. That's what we need. Even under Bates, our linebackers, except for Nick, failed to recognize the runs and lanes, and failed to make tackles. That's why we were 23rd against the run. That ain't getting it done. AND that was WITH big ole fat Grady occupying two blocks.

Didn't Bates Resign after you hired the 49's offensive coach? I remember seeing that somewhere.

@epicstats
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mossman wrote:
gbmurphy wrote:

Didn't Bates Resign after you hired the 49's offensive coach? I remember seeing that somewhere.

yes he did, gbmurphy was pointing out what wasn't happening when Bates was here

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: