You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weekly Packerraymond mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Weekly Packerraymond mock Reply with quote

FA's
DT Rocky Bernard
OG LeCharles Bentley
OLB Akin Adoyele
RB DeShaun Foster (if and ony if he comes cheap due to his oft-injured past)

Trades: We Trade our first rounder to Arizona because they'll take Jimmy Williams, DeAngelo Williams, Jay Cutler, Mario or AJ. In return we get a 1,2,6 and a 5th rounder next year.

The Packers trade Ferguson and Diggs and a 3rd rounder to Clevelnd for their second rounder.

Packers send Mark Roman to the St. Louis Rams for a 7th round pick

Round 1: Micheal Huff S Texas: He and Collins quite possibly the best safety pair in the entire NFL in two or three years.

Round 2: Richard Marshall CB Fresno State: The more I see the more I like, wouldn't be suprised if he takes #1 away from Harris after his rookie year.

Round 2: Mathias Kiwanuka DE BC: With a new and improved secondary a pass rush will ease the transition into the NFL adding picks and bad passes.

Round 2: Chad Jackson WR UF: Here you go Haus an early WR, the more I see the more we need to pick up a guy for Rodgers to throw to, Walker, Driver, Murphy, Jackson, and Gardener if Rodgers can't win with that he won't be able to win with anyone.

Round 3: (comp) AJ Nicholson OLB FSU: Charecter issues drop him to GB's pick, but MM and TT don't tolerate his garbage they take a shot to see if they can straighten him out.

Round 4: Dan Stevenson OG Notre Dame: The unknown athletic guard that a zone blocking scheme needs, he's got the perfect size (6'6 295) to make an impact on our O line.

Round 5: Marcus Maxey CB Miami: Sort of like the Hawkins pick last year, 6'3 200 and runs in the 4.3's if he turns out the young quartet of Carroll, Hawkins, Marshall, Maxey, Collins, and Huff would be almost unbeatable.

Round 6: Jason Hatcher DE Grambling St: Dominated the competition he had basically we need depth and in this mock A-K 74 doesn't get resigned.

Round 6: (comp.) William Freeman LB Furman: Team captain for two years, is athletic and good in coverage. solid special teams player in first year could start down the road.

Round 7: Nate Livings OG LSU: Another quicker lighter guard to provide depth.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Weekly Packerraymond mock Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
FA's
DT Rocky Bernard
OG LeCharles Bentley
OLB Akin Adoyele

Trades: We Trade our first rounder to Arizona because they'll take Jimmy Williams, DeAngelo Williams, Jay Cutler, Mario or AJ. In return we get a 1,2,6 and a 5th rounder next year.

The Packers trade Ferguson and Diggs and a 3rd rounder to Clevelnd for their second rounder.

Round 1: Micheal Huff S Texas: He and Collins quite possibly the best safety pair in the entire NFL in two or three years.

Round 2: Richard Marshall CB Fresno State: The more I see the more I like, wouldn't be suprised if he takes #1 away from Harris after his rookie year.

Round 2: Mathias Kiwanuka DE BC: With a new and improved secondary a pass rush will ease the transition into the NFL adding picks and bad passes.

Round 2: Chad Jackson WR UF: Here you go Haus an early WR, the more I see the more we need to pick up a guy for Rodgers to throw to, Walker, Driver, Murphy, Jackson, and Gardener if Rodgers can't win with that he won't be able to win with anyone.

Round 3: (comp) AJ Nicholson OLB FSU: Charecter issues drop him to GB's pick, but MM and TT don't tolerate his garbage they take a shot to see if they can straighten him out.

Round 4: Dan Stevenson OG Notre Dame: The unknown athletic guard that a zone blocking scheme needs, he's got the perfect size (6'6 295) to make an impact on our O line.

Round 5: Marcus Maxey CB Miami: Sort of like the Hawkins pick last year, 6'3 200 and runs in the 4.3's if he turns out the young quartet of Carroll, Hawkins, Marshall, Maxey, Collins, and Huff would be almost unbeatable.

Round 6: Jason Hatcher DE Grambling St: Dominated the competition he had basically we need depth and in this mock A-K 74 doesn't get resigned.

Round 6: (comp.) William Freeman LB Furman: Team captain for two years, is athletic and good in coverage. solid special teams player in first year could start down the road.

What if Favre retires? Does that change any of your picks?
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does retire, thats why we get a reciever in round 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Weekly Packerraymond mock Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
FA's
DT Rocky Bernard
OG LeCharles Bentley
OLB Akin Adoyele

I doubt the cleveland trade happens. I do not think Diggs fits in well with the kind of scheme Cleveland runs.

I also doubt arizona would give up nearly that much for the 5th pick for three reasons:

1) Denny green almost never trades up...Unless Vince Young or Dbrick their, I do not seem him even thinking about moving up. plus Cards biggest need (OL) is ripe for picking at 10.

2) He won't give up that many picks because his team has quite a bit of needs as well. Maybe 1, 2nd and next years 5th

Huff is likely to be taken by lions...we need to pick 8 or high to get Huff...
packer_pimp21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH... it was ok i like the huff pick...but i would rather stay there and draft hawk...but well if hawk is taken i guess we should pick huff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that would give us some unreal athletic DB's. I don't know much about Marshall except his great numbers. What's making you like him so much? I do like your mock a lot.
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were SO close, SO CLOSE!
But you messed up on the picks.
The only pick I like at I thought was interesting was- Dan Stevenson OG Notre Dame-Thanks for introducing us. I'll be sure to consider him in my next draft.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like it. We were 1st in pass defense last year, so y would we get a safety and a corner w/ our 1st 2 picks. Then w/ our 2nd 2nd rounder we will get the biggest BUST in KIWI
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
I dont like it. We were 1st in pass defense last year, so y would we get a safety and a corner w/ our 1st 2 picks. Then w/ our 2nd 2nd rounder we will get the biggest BUST in KIWI

Kyle Boller and Joey HArrington torched us, we were far from the best passing defense and we only had like 10 INTs all year!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about a CB, personally I think we're doing ok at CB. would rather a guard in that position.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props for finding some new guys to work into it rather than all the other ones we keep switching a little here and there with. Some fresh ideas.
RatedT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite mock so far. Called out a lot of good looking sleepers that haven't been metioned much. With the DB picks, our secondary's gonna be so sick. If Kiwi really falls that far, we're gonna have a DE with real "skills". Rocky, Kiwi, KGB are gonna give us a decent pass rush, and our secondaries are really gonna kill. I'm still a little concern about the run defense. I don't see any run stopper in the draft, don't think Ayodele's gonna get the job done. And I'm not quite buy in to Nicholson and Freeman. I would like to see us add another big speedy LB. I would much rather see us using the Freeman sixth rounder to move up a couple spot in third round, or just try to use the comp. third rounder to get that second from Cleveland. And we use that higher third rounder to take Kai Parham.

I would also rather keep Roman for depth. He's a decent safety, just not a starter. And if we trade him to St. Louis, he's got to worth more than a 7th. He's better than every single safety they have right now.

Mark Roman
Adam Archuleta
Jerome Carter
Mike Furrey

And ya, Archuleta is JUNK!!
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other opinion on this one, I've never used any of these players before in a mock, its 100% compltely new. (except for Kiwi Wink )

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,

Oh ray now you have used one more player on there other then Kiwi think about it. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Ray,

Oh ray now you have used one more player on there other then Kiwi think about it. Wink

You got me I used Freeman once before, honestly Kiwi had been my first round pick in every mock, so Huff was completely new along with Marshall.

CB:Harris-Carroll-Dendy
CB: Hawkins-Marshall-Maxey
SS: Huff-Underwood
FS: Collins-Thornberg-Bigby

Imagine that secondary!! Trading down is the only way to make it happen!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: