Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

James Starks agrees to terms with Packers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: James Starks agrees to terms with Packers Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Caplan
‏@caplannfl
#Packers and RB James Starks have agreed to terms on a contract, per source.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
driftwood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell yes!

hes clearly a good fit here & probably has another year or 2 left in his tank
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, nice, nice. Now I feel like RB will be a strength for us again this year.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James is good, but I be disappointed in anything over the vet min. He easily could've been replaced via the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly wasn't sure if this was going to happen. I like it. I still want to see if Crockett can make some strides but this is good for us I think. AirOn loves him so that's gotta count for something.

If we can get Lacy playing like he did a couple years ago and Starks can play like he did last year (without the fumbles) we should get back to a strong run game. And get some PA bombs back to Jordy..

Joe on the sig
palmy50 wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Go To---SB Nation evaluation Of adams
Yeah, I'll get right on that......
northernpackfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for an upgrade at the position, purely from a pass-catching perspective. Lacy and Starks are OK, but we could really use a dynamic receiver out of the backfield, along the lines of what Franklin looked like he was developing into.

That being said, Starks is a top backup, and in the absence of an upgrade, I'm glad to have him back. It will be interesting to see what he signed for.
northernpackfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
James is good, but I be disappointed in anything over the vet min. He easily could've been replaced via the draft.

I disagree, Starks is a pretty good runner though nothing special, which is why I can see how you think he is replaceable. But he's also solid at pass protection, which is where a rookie will struggle, especially for the first half of the season. I don't want to see Rodgers getting hit or pressured unnecessarily because a rookie RB is "learning the ropes" when he is spelling Lacy.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have him back
Romancaesar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernpackfan wrote:
I was hoping for an upgrade at the position, purely from a pass-catching perspective. Lacy and Starks are OK, but we could really use a dynamic receiver out of the backfield, along the lines of what Franklin looked like he was developing into.

That being said, Starks is a top backup, and in the absence of an upgrade, I'm glad to have him back. It will be interesting to see what he signed for.

I would like the Packers to add speed/receiving to the running back position as well, but i do think the Starks signing is a safe route to go. Doesn't stop TT from drafting a Kenyen Drake or whoever, as both Lacy and Starks could be gone next year.

Last edited by Romancaesar on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 am; edited 2 times in total
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. It is most likely a make or break year for Lacy, this is good insurance. I also don't think this changes much as far as the draft goes. If there is a RB that TT likes at whichever spot, he will take him. Losing Starks almost forces the selection of a RB, keeping him allows us to pass until the value is right.

Since I am a fan of Starks, I also hope he got eleventy billion dollars. Cool

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernpackfan wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

I disagree, Starks is a pretty good runner though nothing special, which is why I can see how you think he is replaceable. But he's also solid at pass protection, which is where a rookie will struggle, especially for the first half of the season. I don't want to see Rodgers getting hit or pressured unnecessarily because a rookie RB is "learning the ropes" when he is spelling Lacy.

Lacy is fine in pass-pro, so is Kuhn (who will be brought back Im sure).

My issue with Starks isn't his play, it's the fact that I wanted that money to go to the defense. I wasn't worried about the offense with a healthy Jordy, Cobb and a slim Lacy.

I think our defense has taken an obvious step back with the loss of Hayward, Raji and Pennell and potentially Neal, along with not adding a single vet ILB. We were working with like 5m, I would have liked to see some of that go to a D player. Starks probably takes half of that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a pretty good player .. glad to have him back. Hopefully the Packers will also draft a back in the middle rounds.
Kenrik

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he tested the market with little interest. NE had him in and then went a different direction. I'd like to see a 2 year deal with his replacement drafted this year.
Csraverage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I like it. It is most likely a make or break year for Lacy, this is good insurance. I also don't think this changes much as far as the draft goes. If there is a RB that TT likes at whichever spot, he will take him. Losing Starks almost forces the selection of a RB, keeping him allows us to pass until the value is right.

Since I am a fan of Starks, I also hope he got eleventy billion dollars. Cool

Yesh.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
Well he tested the market with little interest. NE had him in and then went a different direction. I'd like to see a 2 year deal with his replacement drafted this year.

its probably a similar 2 year deal he just finished (maybe slightly less per year?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: