Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jayrone Elliott
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Jayrone Elliott Reply with quote

What expectations (if any) do people have for Elliott this upcoming season? I know we've seen some UDFA guys at his position show flashes in pre-season and end up off the roster the next year (So'oto and Mozes among others), but to me Ellott looked more promising. He was good on STs and I expect that again this season, but it would be nice if he could work his way into the regular OLB rotation, especially if Clay is going to be used more inside.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no expectations for him. I would not be surprised if he developed into adequate depth but don't expect it to happen.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expectations? None. Whatever we get outta that guy is playing with house money.

Excitement? Plenty. Dude produced and generally seems to be pretty beastly.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
I have no expectations for him. I would not be surprised if he developed into adequate depth but don't expect it to happen.

Same. We've had too many players who flash potential rookie year, but then don't make that sophomore jump for me to get excited.

GBPackers79 wrote:
Learn how to internet.

My Movie Review Thread [Interstellar]
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little more optimistic. I think he takes a step forward this year and fights for snaps during the regular season. It's not like we're talking about a back-up lineman. All he needs to do is set the edge, use his instincts, and develop his pass-rush a bit more.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I'm a little more optimistic. I think he takes a step forward this year and fights for snaps during the regular season. It's not like we're talking about a back-up lineman. All he needs to do is set the edge, use his instincts, and develop his pass-rush a bit more.

He's at best our #5 OLB, so he's more likely to be a healthy scratch than he is to crack the OLB rotation. He needs to make an impact on ST if he wants to be a part of this team IMO.

GBPackers79 wrote:
Learn how to internet.

NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but who is really ahead of him? Neal was serviceable at best last year. Perry has been inconsistent. I could easily see him replacing Neal. Obviously he's not going to beat out CMIII or Peppers.

I'm not saying he's our saving grace as a #3 OLB, I just have more confidence in him than some. He's far more explosive than Mozes was.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Ok, but who is really ahead of him? Neal was serviceable at best last year. Perry has been inconsistent. I could easily see him replacing Neal. Obviously he's not going to beat out CMIII or Peppers.

I'm not saying he's our saving grace as a #3 OLB, I just have more confidence in him than some. He's far more explosive than Mozes was.

LIS, he's at best the 5th best OLB on our roster. Matthews and Peppers are clearly ahead of him, and right now Neal and Perry are safer bets than Elliot. Not saying that Elliot can't be better than those two, but he hasn't done anything to indicate he's better than Neal or Perry no matter how much people like to hate on those two.

GBPackers79 wrote:
Learn how to internet.

driftwood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

based on how the last 2 UDFA OLB's turned out in year 2 (so'oto/moses) I'd say that Elliott's chances are slim... but i'm still rooting for him. He owned the preseason & actually did well in his regular season spot duty from what i saw... they started giving him more ST playing time too as the season went on so that's encouraging for him & how much the staff feels confident in him
rbens06

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:

LIS, he's at best the 5th best OLB on our roster. Matthews and Peppers are clearly ahead of him, and right now Neal and Perry are safer bets than Elliot. Not saying that Elliot can't be better than those two, but he hasn't done anything to indicate he's better than Neal or Perry no matter how much people like to hate on those two.

Exactly how I feel and after the draft I could see him being the 6th best option.
rbens06

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:

I know we have briefly talked about Elliot in mock draft before, but I think the guy will have to take a big jump to get ahead of Perry and Neal. I mean if Neal was really that serviceable and Perry was that inconsistent why didn't he get more looks/uses last year. Don't get me wrong, he has some potential to work with, I just don't expect him to be any higher than our 5th option this year anything more than that is a bonus.
Skypilot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliot's task is to first make the roster. Then continue to improve and show the team enough to make one or both of Perry-Neal expendable in 2016.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:

He's at best our #5 OLB, so he's more likely to be a healthy scratch than he is to crack the OLB rotation. He needs to make an impact on ST if he wants to be a part of this team IMO.

Didn't he play some good special teams for us last year?

Thought I saw him stick out in a few tackles on the second vikes game I watched.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put, you don't avoid drafting 3-4 OLBs (if the value is right) because of Elliott. That's how I would sum up the overall situation as it relates to the long term outlook of the position. If 2 OLBs fall to slots that represent BPA then you draft BOTH of them.

I would rather have 7 OLBs that deserve a spot on the final roster (especially with Clay taking snaps at ILB) than only 4 or 5 at that position.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge rushers don't fall out of the sky. He did enough to keep himself in the roster conversation, which is impressive for a UDFA. I have hopes, but not expectations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: