Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coles will be a Cowboy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.miilla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Coles will be a Cowboy Reply with quote

This is plan and simple. When and if he does get cut by Skins Coles will think back when he played the Boys and remember that guy name Roy Williams. I dont thinks he will want to play againts him again. What do you think. This will also keep from drafting a WR. Picture this Johnson,Gleen,Coles, Witten. Damn thats good not to mention JJ the juice man himself. What do you guys think of that.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is going to be to expensive. plus i'd would rather have Plaxico Burress(who might also be to expensive). lets draft a WR with our # 1 then focus on D. I wan't a big phisical WR (MW 6'5'', BE 6'3'', Plax 6'5'', not 5'11'' 195 Coles) Ya Coles is fast, but so is BE and Plax and they are bigger.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
BatesDebates

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have other, more pressing needs to address in FA. Upgrading WR comes after our needs at CB, FS, DE, NT, LB, RG in my humble opinion. I think this need is about as pressing as backup rb. Important, but not deseperate for a starter now.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coles won't be cut. He'd cost over $9 million on the salary cap if the Redskins cut him. They'll try and trade him first.

If they can't trade him, they'll still look for a free agent WR and still look to trade down in the draft because they've officially entered salary cap hell.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The report out of Washington is that Coles needs toe surgery similar to the one that Dion had years ago. Apparently, Coles is refusing to have the surgery and that is why the Skins are considering to cut him even though they would take a huge cap hit.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh... yikes, that ingury plagued deion for a while.. turf toe

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't afford to cut him. It would send them over the salary cap.
PA Raider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the attraction to P. Burress. He is an under-achieving version of K. Johnson.

We need some speed at the WR position.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're are reports that coles doesnt want to get the surgery because if they(doctors) mess up...it could end his carreer...they're gonna cut coles because coles wants out...hes doesnt like the way gibbs runs the offense

one of the great ones on this site
Daboys2005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard on ESPN radio that the Cowboys are showing no Interest in getting Coles. That Parcells does not want to take a chance on him.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only WR that we should be showing interest in is Mike Williams.
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can anyone say that the ONLY WR the Cowboys should be showing interest in is Mike Williams and be serious about it? The guy is very talented and would have been a top pick LAST YEAR. He has sat out a year and might be rusty. Braylon Edwards is more polished and would contribute a lot more right off the bat than Williams would.

Besides, ONLY means that they would have tunnel vision and not look at anyone else. That is just not good football sense.
CowboyYankee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Plax a very fast, high yds per catch, downfield threat (pretty much the opposite of the "possession" receiver that Keyshawn is)?
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Plax averaged 20 yrds per catch last year.

I think he'll get alot more $ than he's actually worth though.
Drbigmoney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
How can anyone say that the ONLY WR the Cowboys should be showing interest in is Mike Williams and be serious about it? The guy is very talented and would have been a top pick LAST YEAR. He has sat out a year and might be rusty. Braylon Edwards is more polished and would contribute a lot more right off the bat than Williams would.

Besides, ONLY means that they would have tunnel vision and not look at anyone else. That is just not good football sense.

I think the only reason no body really considers Edwards is because he's almost a lock to go to the Bears at #4. So unless we trade that high, highly unlikely, there's no way we'll get him.
CowboyMojo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Burress a Boy? I hope not. Reply with quote

Burress averaged over 20 yards a catch last year for several reasons (very few of them have anything to do with him being a stud). First, the Steelers had the best line in football & were a dominant running team. Second, their other two recievers weren't too shabby (Ward & Randle El). It reminds me of Michael Irvin & Alvin Harper. Harper looked pretty awesome with the Boys back then, but when he went to a team without the other pieces he stunk it up & was out of the league in 2 years. Look at the Boys current receivers - do you see Irvin or Novacek or a dominant O-line - nah, me either. Burress is going to want a mint to come here & there are other more pressing needs. Just a thought.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: