You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

forget safety MIKE HUFF
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SterlingSharpe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: forget safety MIKE HUFF Reply with quote

A lot of you guys are deaming, saying we should trade down and get an extra high pick, and then still take Michael Huff in round one. He's gonna be gone folks, by the 6th, 7th-10th pick. I doubt we can pull off any trade down and still get MH.

We should take Mario Williams in round one, and one of these playmaking LBers in round two:
Abdul Hodge
Bobby Carpenter
D'Qwell Jackson
Kai Parham

I rate Ernie Sims a notch lower than these guys, but for sure one of these guys will be available to us at #37.

We'll have two instant upgrades on defense. Guys who will make plays. Plus we add Dwayne Slay in round 3 or 4, and Gaither or even "Rocky" McIntosh from Miami. 6' 3", 237.

It's TIME to turn our defense into a unit to be feared.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
hauschild

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take Huff. He's the only surefire pick in my opinion.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:

Yup. If Vince Young falls, we could easily trade down, still staying in the Top 10, pick up an extra second rounder, and still get Huff.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
gbmurphy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:

Take Huff at #5?
How many Texas games have you seen to be so sure?

1979 Rookie Joe Montana, 6-2, 197
1985 Rookie Steve Young, 6-2, 215
1991 Rookie Brett Favre, 6-2, 227
2005 Rookie Aaron Rodgers, 6-2, 223
msmre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:

He is not a surefire pick in my opinion. There is always risk in picking a player who is a 'tweener. Huff has been shuffled from safety to corner and back, leading to the questions of if he has been able to fully concentrate on refining technique at either position. He looks like a great player, but surefire...no.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:

I don't agree. This is a very rare post i've seen concerning Huff.
I can only see us picking a OLB, DE, or trading down for a RB.

Huff would be great, but safety is not a s big a need as those three positions are.

DON'T TAKE HUFF.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huff or Mario that's the only two picks I wouldn't mind seeing in round 1, unless Kiwi performs well at the combine then he should be our first rounder.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Huff or Mario that's the only two picks I wouldn't mind seeing in round 1, unless Kiwi performs well at the combine then he should be our first rounder.

OH NO RAYMOND.... please, not a COMBINE-GENERATED HIGH RISER!
That place is a circus....so often GM's and scouts make their biggest mistakes based on that combine! Performance on the football field is so much more important than the combine......

Jerry Rice was too slow.... Emmitt Smith lacked the 40 speed.... Zach Thomas was too short.... Tom Brady was too slow and didn't have a strong enough arm to throw the deep outs.....

ON THE OTHER HAND:
Akili Smith showed unbelievable athletic ability.....Tim Couch has a cannon......Tyrone Calico has Terrell Owens like size, speed, and strength....

KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A lot of you guys are deaming, saying we should trade down and get an extra high pick, and then still take Michael Huff in round one. He's gonna be gone folks, by the 6th, 7th-10th pick. I doubt we can pull off any trade down and still get MH.

We should take Mario Williams in round one, and one of these playmaking LBers in round two:
Abdul Hodge
Bobby Carpenter
D'Qwell Jackson
Kai Parham

I rate Ernie Sims a notch lower than these guys, but for sure one of these guys will be available to us at #37.

We'll have two instant upgrades on defense. Guys who will make plays. Plus we add Dwayne Slay in round 3 or 4, and Gaither or even "Rocky" McIntosh from Miami. 6' 3", 237.

It's TIME to turn our defense into a unit to be feared.

Take Huff at number five he is going to be somthing special I like Slay and he is a good friend but he would not fit this system. Ernie Sims is ranked higher then all of them linebackers and I personally would want him more then the rest.

Quote:
I don't agree. This is a very rare post i've seen concerning Huff.
I can only see us picking a OLB, DE, or trading down for a RB.

Huff would be great, but safety is not a s big a need as those three positions are.

DON'T TAKE HUFF.

You are correct its not as big of need but he is better then anybody you can get at number five that are playing those positions.

Quote:
Take Huff at #5?
How many Texas games have you seen to be so sure?

I have seen many games probably every last one of them throughout his entire career and he is deserving of the number five pick.

Quote:
He is not a surefire pick in my opinion. There is always risk in picking a player who is a 'tweener. Huff has been shuffled from safety to corner and back, leading to the questions of if he has been able to fully concentrate on refining technique at either position. He looks like a great player, but surefire...no.

Okay he has played corner for one year of his career and the rest was safety so I have no idea how he is a tweener because of that. He is a tweener simply because he can cover a WR one on one and thats it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want our defense to be feared we must and WILL select AJ HAWK!!!!!! He will be an instant pro bowler and will take our defense to a whole new level
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you want our defense to be feared we must and WILL select AJ HAWK!!!!!! He will be an instant pro bowler and will take our defense to a whole new level

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Only if he will live up to these expectations but he will not he is not that great of a player if I had to choose between him and say Sims or Lawson I would take Lawson and Sims over him. I would even take Havner over him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Quote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Only if he will live up to these expectations but he will not he is not that great of a player if I had to choose between him and say Sims or Lawson I would take Lawson and Sims over him. I would even take Havner over him.

Are you serious Kiwi?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you serious Kiwi?

I am dead serious.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msmre wrote:
KiwiFan94 wrote:
Quote:

Are you serious Kiwi?

I'm with you Kiwi,

Lawson>Ryans>Hawk

I'm not buying the hype!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because KIWI is a good young player and a beloved Packer family member, doesn't make his evaluations of Hawk -or anyone- more accurate than anybody else. Matt Millen was a good NFL player and has drafted nothing but junk in Detroit. There are tons of former NFL players who will all have differing opinions on everything.

Travis Haffner better than AJ Hawk is a stretch the size of Gilbert Browns waistline after a half dozen GilbertBurgers.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: