Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Magic the Gathering.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panther dude

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
panther dude wrote:
Thats annoying, but Im glad to know that I was right. Thanks for the clarification.

One of the really annoying things about the game is how it's so complicated that folks with even a little more knowledge can use that edge to scam and cheat.

Very true. Its like 50% game play and the rest debating over the way something should actually work Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
Iggles wrote:
panther dude wrote:
Thats annoying, but Im glad to know that I was right. Thanks for the clarification.

One of the really annoying things about the game is how it's so complicated that folks with even a little more knowledge can use that edge to scam and cheat.

Very true. Its like 50% game play and the rest debating over the way something should actually work Laughing

It shouldn't be. Played properly, those issues should almost never arise. The issue is lack of consistent judging and folks trying to scam other folks.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for Ravnica. Very Happy
Strawman Theory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
panther dude wrote:

Reminds me of my tournament days, some dude tried to his his entire binder as a side board. I let him pull out all the cards (which took 5-10 minutes), then called a judge over and had him dqed.
Iggles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawman Theory wrote:
Iggles wrote:
panther dude wrote:

Reminds me of my tournament days, some dude tried to his his entire binder as a side board. I let him pull out all the cards (which took 5-10 minutes), then called a judge over and had him dqed.

Yeah, I just let folks dq themselves. No point in giving the benefit of the doubt at this point.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1041485

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1042285

A couple of decks I'm thinking of doing, the top is a deck based around sacrificing my creatures for some benefit and then using the graveyard to pump up my strong creatures.

And the second is my life beef/life gain deck, that one is more of a work in progress. Basically gain a lot of life either to "life out" we play up to 250 life per person or to get extremely strong creatures out on the board from the +1/+1 counters from life gain. Any suggestions or comments would be great.

Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1041485

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1042285

A couple of decks I'm thinking of doing, the top is a deck based around sacrificing my creatures for some benefit and then using the graveyard to pump up my strong creatures.

And the second is my life beef/life gain deck, that one is more of a work in progress. Basically gain a lot of life either to "life out" we play up to 250 life per person or to get extremely strong creatures out on the board from the +1/+1 counters from life gain. Any suggestions or comments would be great.

Like the top deck and have one built similar...but with black included...and will be adding these.

#JDI
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have previously made one slightly similar to the top one, this one is just more focused, I've seen it done with black and green as well with mortivores and don't remember the creatures name but it gets +1/+1 for all cards in all graveyards.

The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tappedout.net/users/TheGnat/

Some of the decks I'm rolling with, some of them are still prototyped as well.

Just ordered the finalizing cards for my Free to Play and Dual Wield Oozies decks

Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else doing the Return to Ravnica event(s) at the end of the month?

#JDI
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:

I'm not, but the group of people I play with are doing a big booster box break (alliteration for the win).

skywindO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:

Yes! The original Ravnica was the best limited format ever. Can't wait for RtR. My store is doing 5 sealed decks so you'll be able to play in one with each guild if you want. Not sure if I'll be doing all 5, but I'm hoping to do Selesnya and Azorius though, and maybe one more, probably Rakdos.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

Yes! The original Ravnica was the best limited format ever. Can't wait for RtR. My store is doing 5 sealed decks so you'll be able to play in one with each guild if you want. Not sure if I'll be doing all 5, but I'm hoping to do Selesnya and Azorius though, and maybe one more, probably Rakdos.

That sounds like a good time. I wasn't playing during the original Ravnica, but I know friends who I play with that were are very excited for RtR to come out.

Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

I don't know how, but I got into a slew of events throughout the weekend for 30 bucks... the cool part is there is 5 different 5 pack sealeds 6 times throughout the each day. There is going to be 5 of us, so we are hoping to get lucky before we order our boxes.

#JDI
skywindO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

That sounds like a good time. I wasn't playing during the original Ravnica, but I know friends who I play with that were are very excited for RtR to come out.

I wasn't playing at the time either, but it's consistently rated as the best draft/limited format. The handful of times I've gotten a chance to do it haven't disappointed.

Its A Sabotage wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

I don't know how, but I got into a slew of events throughout the weekend for 30 bucks... the cool part is there is 5 different 5 pack sealeds 6 times throughout the each day. There is going to be 5 of us, so we are hoping to get lucky before we order our boxes.

That's a sweet deal. I already pre-ordered a box. I'm hoping to pick up a set of each Shock Land. Box prices are going up to. Glad I got mine when I did.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 17 of 29

Jump to: