Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Brewers Thread - 1-2 - Braun :(
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: The Brewers Thread - 1-2 - Braun :( Reply with quote

And commence the firesale/draft discussion.

Man I love that Williams pick. Very Happy

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.

Last edited by ramssuperbowl99 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:18 pm; edited 21 times in total
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
A) Ace. Really, really, really high. Like I'm looking straight up and can't find it high.
B) Really good.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves rams. If he's as good as you claim him to be and as signable as you claim him to be, he wouldn't have been on the board when the Brewers were picking. Fastball is good, but not elite as it sits in the low 90s. Touches 96 occasionally and could add a few more miles as he fills out. Got some nice side movement on it though. Curveball shows promise with two plane break, but still largely inconsistent. Really like his change up and should be a well above-average pitch. Command is below-average right now, but should get better. I think it ultimately depends on how much more velocity he adds on his FB and if he can tighten up his CB. That might develop into an ace, but I think right now a #2/#3 is a more realistic target.

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
A) Ace. Really, really, really high. Like I'm looking straight up and can't find it high.
B) Really good.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves rams. If he's as good as you claim him to be and as signable as you claim him to be, he wouldn't have been on the board when the Brewers were picking. Fastball is good, but not elite as it sits in the low 90s. Touches 96 occasionally and could add a few more miles as he fills out. Got some nice side movement on it though. Curveball shows promise with two plane break, but still largely inconsistent. Really like his change up and should be a well above-average pitch. Command is below-average right now, but should get better. I think it ultimately depends on how much more velocity he adds on his FB and if he can tighten up his CB. That might develop into an ace, but I think right now a #2/#3 is a more realistic target.
He asked what his ceiling is, and by all reports it's enourmous.

Pegging a realistic ceiling on these type of picks is impossible, since he's either going to figure it out, make the majors, and be an impact player, or miss out entirely.

His true ceiling is an ace, but the odds he reaches it are low.

By the way, he throws a slider, not a CB.

Title Town USA wrote:
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closing in on the 'Stros for the second worst record.

Embracing the tank.

WE'RE DOING IT RIGHT

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
SplashDive

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Closing in on the 'Stros for the second worst record.

Embracing the tank.

WE'RE DOING IT RIGHT

Woooohooooo. We can do it guys. Just keep playing like you are lol

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
SplashDive

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so it sounds like Williams is a good bet to sign but what about Tucker? Is there a sense on him if he will sign or not?

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
Alright so it sounds like Williams is a good bet to sign but what about Tucker? Is there a sense on him if he will sign or not?
Most guys taken that high will sign, and there were no indications that signability was an issue. As long as he's not secretly a Type 1 diabetic, I think we'll be good.

Title Town USA wrote:
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these pick from so many angles. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Couple quick notes:

If Williams opens himself up just a little bit more on his landing he could shore up his command. He cuts himself off just a little bit (talking a couple inches). He has a legit changeup, which is tough to find in HS. His SL/SLV needs work, but it flashes potential.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Couple quick notes:

If Williams opens himself up just a little bit more on his landing he could shore up his command. He cuts himself off just a little bit (talking a couple inches). He has a legit changeup, which is tough to find in HS. His SL/SLV needs work, but it flashes potential.
Based on what I've watched, I've got a few more things he needs to do.

1. Simplify. He's got some herky-jerky movements in his upper body at the beginning of his delivery and the momentum he's generating isn't all forward, some is moving sideways.

2. Finish the push off the rubber. His back leg is bent enough that he's losing some force.

3. Stop falling off. This is the biggest one - he's not just falling off, he's doing so around the time of the release of the ball. That has to stop. Whether it's corking himself up a little more, expanding his stride, something has to change there.

Title Town USA wrote:
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Couple quick notes:

Based on what I've watched, I've got a few more things he needs to do.

1. Simplify. He's got some herky-jerky movements in his upper body at the beginning of his delivery and the momentum he's generating isn't all forward, some is moving sideways.

2. Finish the push off the rubber. His back leg is bent enough that he's losing some force.

3. Stop falling off. This is the biggest one - he's not just falling off, he's doing so around the time of the release of the ball. That has to stop. Whether it's corking himself up a little more, expanding his stride, something has to change there.

Agreed. He has to get his back more involved, which will come easier as he gets stronger. This'll add velo and improve his command by keeping him more direct to the plate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3rd Round: RHP Barrett Astin Arkansas
Astin served as the Razorbacks closer in 2012 and helped them reach the College World Series. This season he has bounced back and forth between the rotation and bullpen, pitching well in both roles. Astin relies on his low-90s sinker. It has good tailing action and he isnít afraid to attack hitters with it. His secondary offerings arenít as well-developed as his fastball, but he has the makings of a solid slider. Astin will have to improve his offspeed pitches to be a starter as a professional, but he also has the makeup to pitch in high-leverage situations as a reliever.

Signability pick in the 3rd round. Not happy about it, but if that's what it takes to get the other guys to sign, that's okay.

That said, this is the problem with the whole 'using your 1st on Kyle Lohse'. It doesn't just cost you the 1st rounder - it handicaps you all the way through the damn draft with those spending restrictions.

Title Town USA wrote:
packerbacker87

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Yuni and Figaro are responsible for our only 2 runs so far...... Silenced

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was refreshing to see the guys come back from the dead and beat Cliff Lee last night. Segura is now officially my favorite Brewer. Sorry Ryan!

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, assuming these guys sign where would they likely go (Timber Rattlers?) and would they go this season, or does their career begin next season?

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: