You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading down - rumor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilbert Burger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Trading down - rumor Reply with quote

"The Packers have multiple needs on both sides of the ball and, we're told, already have invested a large amount of time in studying the players expected to be available in the middle and late first round in the event that wheeler-dealer GM Ted Thompson can pull a trade to move down on draft day. Thompson is far more likely to deal down than up, we're told, regardless of what needs might be created pending Brett Favre's decision whether to continue playing."

This may be interesting... tells me even more that I don't expect our pick to be AJ Hawk. I really think we are targeting a 1st round RB.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
epackfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think every team knows the draft from top to bottom. You never know what will come your way. He's not the only wheeler and dealer.

However, from what I've read, there's a lot of teams looking to move down, and a lot of teams targeting Hutch from Seattle. Everyone has visions of grandeur, hoping for a blockbuster trade, but it seldom happens. No, I'd look for TT to hold onto his top picks, 1 & 2, and nickel and dime the rest. (excluding the 3rd round comp. pick for a Guard.)
PackerManiac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Moving Up Reply with quote

I hope we don't trade down. I don't want to look back at this draft a few years from now and be pissed because Hawk has been to consecutive pro bowls with another team. His ability alone could be the spark some of the younger guys on our defense need to step it up (I'm talking to you Ahmad !@) and earn their pay.
DaPack!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Unless we get an amazing offer, I want to stay at 5 and take one of the elites. I know you can get good players later on, but your chance begin to drop considerably. We need some reward for being 4-12.
hauschild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys wanna see the Packers improve sooner rather than later, you better get down on your knees and pray TT deals away the #5 pick.
LeRoy36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting because at the senior bowl they where all over Hali. WHo is like kampman but gets to the QB more. He fits in that group that will be in the middle of the first.

I wouldnt be shocked if they trade down take Hali, White, DeAngelo, Huff, Greenway,etc. Then get more picks in the second and third.

Last edited by LeRoy36 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down to 10, the only defensive player worth the 5th pick is Mario Williams

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Trade down to 10, the only defensive player worth the 5th pick is Mario Williams

If Arizona falls in lust with Jay Cutler and thinks Oakland or Detroit might also be interested, Cardinals may want to trade up to #5 for a shot at him. At #10 and with Arizona's 2nd, Green Bay would have a nice selection of talent.
DaPack!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be pretty slick to get #10 and the Cards 2nd for #5. Would you guys take Greenway if he's there at #10?
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPack! wrote:
That would be pretty slick to get #10 and the Cards 2nd for #5. Would you guys take Greenway if he's there at #10?

Noooooo. Greenway may be good in the NFL, but you gotta look at the type of LB our scheme employees. Small, fast and athletic. Greenway is none of these things. Wrong type of backer. Huff might still be there, otherwise, I regret to say DT or RB.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
LeRoy36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green never trades up anyways. The BRowns are the likely to trade up because there is Hawk and Mario at number 5. Both of which would help them. By that point Huff will most likely be gone so i think Hali, White, DeAngelo would be the way to go. But if Ted picks up a Rb in FA i think he would much rather take Mario.
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy36 wrote:
Green never trades up anyways. The BRowns are the likely to trade up because there is Hawk and Mario at number 5. Both of which would help them. By that point Huff will most likely be gone so i think Hali, White, DeAngelo would be the way to go. But if Ted picks up a Rb in FA i think he would much rather take Mario.

The only way Arizona trades up is if they're targeting Cutler in front of Oakland and/or Detroit. If they're waiting for a RB, they could probably get DWilliams or LWhite.

Cleveland may be a better target if they're hot to get Hawk or MWilliams. By the point chart, they'd have to offer 1st, 2nd and 4th. At #12, MHuff or JWilliams may still be available.

Or, hint hint, Bobby Carpenter or Chad Greenway.
Barnett56

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If TT wants to build through the Goddamn draft, fricking pick Hawk or Williams. I will hate him SOOOO much if he trades down in the first round!!!
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't hate him if he was to able to get a good package out of it. No draft choice is a sure thing. Hawk may end up being the LB of all time. He may not.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
If TT wants to build through the Goddamn draft, fricking pick Hawk or Williams. I will hate him SOOOO much if he trades down in the first round!!!

First off watch the language Shame on you

Second off moving down five picks and adding a second rounder would be ten times better then staying at five!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: