Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No Man's Sky
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: No Man's Sky Reply with quote

Platform: PS4, PC
Developer: Hello Games
Release Date: 2015

Anyone else hyped for this game? The game looks amazingly innovative, and the scope is just unfathomable. I checked for a thread but didn't see anything, I know I've posted some info about it in the PS4 thread. I can't wait for this game to come out.

While the exploring aspect of this game seems unmatched by anything ever come before it, I'm curious as to the other aspects of gameplay. Will the economy be big enough and feel proportionate to the size of the game, how will battle's take place and what's the meaning of space battles, will there be factions to join and missions to do? Or will this just be a Star Trek "To go where no man's gone before" only type of game. Hopefully there will be other things to do other than just explore, sounds like there will be but Hello Games hasn't touched on that in detail yet. They've talked about a galactic police force that will be around to hunt you if you get too rowdy. At least they give you freedom to be good or bad, in a sense.

The goal is to get to the center of the universe. They've hinted that once you get there, it'll will be more of a springboard in order for you to go back out and do more things. Whatever that means.

Here's a gif of a part, part of the universe. Every dot of light you see is able to be visited as a wholly unique world:

Quote:
Hello Games co-founder, Sean Murray, explained that the development team started out using 32-bit numbers to generate the planets in the universe. Using the 32-bit formula, it would take somewhere between four and five thousand years to visit every planet in the game for just a one second stop on each. That sounds pretty massive to us, but the team wanted to go bigger.

By stepping the scale up to 64-bit numbers, the number of planets is increased roughly to 2 to the power of 64. That exponentially increases the scale of things and means that it would take roughly five billion years to visit each planet for one second.

http://gamerant.com/no-mans-sky-game-size-hours/

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=features&y=2014&m=12&d=08&WeblogPostName=galactic-map-puts-scale-of-no-man-s-sky-in-perspective&GroupKeys=

Behind the Scenes look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kifCYToAU

Playstation Experience Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwG6Sj1Yfg

World Premier Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXL5fJMpCus

E3 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This GTA V and The Witcher 3 are my most anticipated PC games of 2015. This game is going to blow so many minds.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely looks cool, but I still have no idea what you can actually do in the game. Without good gameplay it doesn't matter how big the game is.

FFMD '15 VIKINGS GM
Vikings War Room
Vikings Roster Sheet
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goal is to reach the center of the universe. From my understanding, the closer you get to it, the more dangerous things you encounter. So you have to stop at planets outside the reach of those things to get materials you need to get stronger.

It's MMO like in that you can and will meet other players. But it's a rarity, something exciting that you take as a reward or something special because of just how HUGE the game is.

Sounds amazing.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks awesome.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 13 Games | 141 Tackles (17 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR

#BMI
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
The goal is to reach the center of the universe. From my understanding, the closer you get to it, the more dangerous things you encounter. So you have to stop at planets outside the reach of those things to get materials you need to get stronger.

It's MMO like in that you can and will meet other players. But it's a rarity, something exciting that you take as a reward or something special because of just how HUGE the game is.

Sounds amazing.

Didn't know that. I thought it was going to be purely exploration without a real destination in mind. Cool though. I can't wait to see whats in the center.. Probably a huge black hole thats going to kill me Laughing Laughing
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: No Man's Sky Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Here's a gif of a part, part of the universe. Every dot of light you see is able to be visited as a wholly unique world:

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

That is insane Shocked

Mack on the sig
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Sounds amazing.

Didn't know that. I thought it was going to be purely exploration without a real destination in mind. Cool though. I can't wait to see whats in the center.. Probably a huge black hole thats going to kill me Laughing Laughing

Don't have to, the developers have said the destination is only for those who want an objective. You can just explore different planets if you want.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid to buy this. I really am. I fear that I will never play another game after I start this.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 13 Games | 141 Tackles (17 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR

#BMI
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: No Man's Sky Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

That is insane Shocked
I just wanna point out that Nick is slightly wrong.

Each of those dots isn't a planet. It's an ENTIRE STAR SYSTEM.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: No Man's Sky Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

That is insane Shocked
I just wanna point out that Nick is slightly wrong.

Each of those dots isn't a planet. It's an ENTIRE STAR SYSTEM.

Mack on the sig
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a pretty good article

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/01/interview-youll-want-explore-vast-galaxy-mans-sky/

Quote:
With so much space to discover, Sean explains that while every player will inhabit the same galaxy, crossing paths will be rare. “I don’t want people to think that it’s an MMO. You’ll see traces of other players and what they’ve discovered, so you won’t feel alone, but if you and I were playing and I said ‘come and meet me on my planet’, I might be days or weeks away from you. Even if we were on the same planet and wanted to meet up… it’s like being at random points on Earth and trying to find each other.”

FFMD '15 VIKINGS GM
Vikings War Room
Vikings Roster Sheet
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/01/interview-youll-want-explore-vast-galaxy-mans-sky/

Quote:
With so much space to discover, Sean explains that while every player will inhabit the same galaxy, crossing paths will be rare. “I don’t want people to think that it’s an MMO. You’ll see traces of other players and what they’ve discovered, so you won’t feel alone, but if you and I were playing and I said ‘come and meet me on my planet’, I might be days or weeks away from you. Even if we were on the same planet and wanted to meet up… it’s like being at random points on Earth and trying to find each other.”

Soooooo, are you going to see anybody/anything human or AI? Could see that game getting very boring if it's just you flying around and exploring for 300+ hours.
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

Quote:

Soooooo, are you going to see anybody/anything human or AI? Could see that game getting very boring if it's just you flying around and exploring for 300+ hours.

There's a ton of AI. Look at those videos. There seems to be always someone flying around, a fleet of ships near planets, outposts, etc. There's always these robots left on every planet to maintain order of some kind, or watch over things. They also mentioned a galactic police force that will come looking for you if you start destroying too many things, ships, outposts, etc.

The odd thing is I remember them talking about them game, and thus far they don't have little identification bubbles for players... so you'll never know if all those ships flying around are AI or players. Interesting thought. They also said you'll have no idea what you look like until you run into another player walking around on the planet... and even then you won't be sure if you're the same species or not, so you still won't know Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see this being like Spore. Good in concept, but ultimately not action packed/fast paced enough to hold people's attention.

I'll have to keep an eye on it though. Sounds like it could be intriguing.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: