Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H Hour: World's Elite (SOCOM II follow-up, SOF)-2015 (PS4)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KManX89

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: H Hour: World's Elite (SOCOM II follow-up, SOF)-2015 (PS4) Reply with quote

Hey guys,

For those of you who didn't know, the creative director of S1 and S2 (David Sears) went independent and is working on a SOCOM II follow-game for the PS4 with the same gameplay mechanics as the first 2 SOCOM games for the PS2, but better: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0

I can't wait for this game, SOCOM II is arguably the best online shooter of all time, right up there with COD4 (tough call which is the best for me personally). Me and my boy put endless hours into SOCOM II online for the PS2. If the next CoD game (Advanced Warfare) disappoints (again), looks like I'll be getting a quickfix not long afterwards. Right now, they're aiming for a Jan. 2015 release date for this (subject to change).

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played all of the SOCOM games. The first one remains my favorite. I can still remember it clear as day. Never played it online though. I didn't get into multiplayer games until a few years into the PS3 life cycle.

Either way, this game was announced a long time ago. It looks decent from what I've seen so far (which isn't a lot). I may give it a try whenever it's released, but it won't replace CoD for me.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the game I've been waiting for. I'm not a fan of run 'n gun shooters, and that's all there is anymore. I can't wait to get back to a tactical, team based shooter.

Glad to see somebody else here is interested. I've mentioned it a few times in the PS4 thread, and nobody seemed to care.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved socom. I think I played it on psp and it was a blast back then

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socom was greatness. That and Syphon Filter need to come back

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, David Sears quit Zipper (sort of like Jason West and Vince Zampella leaving Infinity War after MW2), which might explain the big dropoff from the first 2 games with SOCOM IV and why it plays almost nothing like the previous games. Sony buying them out surely also played a big hand in it.

But yeah, I didn't even know a SOCOM tie-in game was being made for PS4 (and it is basically a SOCOM game just with a different title attached to it), I came across this completely by accident. I did a random search for SOCOM II HD hoping to find something about SOCOM II being released in an HD version for the PS3 and stumbled across this, not a lot of people know about it at this point because it's kinda been left in the dark, though I'm sure it was gonna be revealed to the public at some point, anyway since SOCOM II was such a big multiplayer game for the PS2, but yeah, this is great news! I freaking loved SOCOM II for the PS2 and now we get a true follow-up to it early next year so even if Advanced Warfare does disappoint (wouldn't surprise me if it does), us PS4 owners will have another shooter to play just a couple months later if they stay true to their allotted Jan 2015 targeted release date for it (which is on the H-Hour Wiki page).

The first SOCOM was a great game as well, but the buttload of cheaters (due to the lack of anti-cheat software used to check for cheat codes before logging in, which they addressed in S2 with the whole DNAS thing before logging on) ruined it. What made it even more annoying was a lot of times you couldn't even vote them off if they were on your team since they also used a no-vote-off cheat in addition to invincibility and getting rewarded for killing their own team mates by counting towards their kills instead of subtracting one every time they killed a teammate, it was freaking ridiculous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: