You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adam Archuleta
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilbert Burger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Adam Archuleta Reply with quote

I hear this guy's name come up in conversation on this board as a player the Packers should target as a FA. I couldn't disagree more. I think this guy is junk. I would take Mark Roman every day of the week over Adam Archuleta. Big time bust, and a total waste of money. The Rams have consistantly had one of the worst secondaries in football.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
onemoreyearfor4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Adam Archuleta Reply with quote

Gilbert Burger wrote:
I hear this guy's name come up in conversation on this board as a player the Packers should target as a FA. I couldn't disagree more. I think this guy is junk. I would take Mark Roman every day of the week over Adam Archuleta. Big time bust, and a total waste of money. The Rams have consistantly had one of the worst secondaries in football.

agreed old and white-----not a good combo for a DB unless your name is Jason Sehorn
DaPack!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you guys. I don't see what everyone else does in him. I'd much rather bring in a young guy and let him develop with the rest of our young team.
Gilbert Burger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Adam Archuleta Reply with quote

onemoreyearfor4 wrote:
Gilbert Burger wrote:

agreed old and white-----not a good combo for a DB unless your name is Jason Sehorn

LOL...problem is, Jason Sehorn always sucked too. He made the pro bowl once because he was white. Now, he is doing reality television. Good spot for Adam Archuleta too. Laughing Laughing

LeRoy36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does being white have to do with anything??? I can understand if you guys say he doesnt fit the scheme but sooo far all you guys have said is that he is old (28 ) and is white. Ok??? Favre is older and white???? I dont get your points. Now if you said he is mostly a run stopping SS and not good in a cover scheme like ours than i would agree, but being old and white doesnt mean you suck.
brad palmeter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit it on the head He is way to slow for green bay scheme. I think Mark is one of the top 10 SS in the NFL in Green Bays scheme.
MadTown021

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Adam Archuleta Reply with quote

onemoreyearfor4 wrote:
Gilbert Burger wrote:

couldnt have said it any better

Props to Darnik44 for the sig.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen! Adam Archuletta may be the most overrated S in all of football.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
Gilbert Burger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy36 wrote:
What does being white have to do with anything??? I can understand if you guys say he doesnt fit the scheme but sooo far all you guys have said is that he is old (28 ) and is white. Ok??? Favre is older and white???? I dont get your points. Now if you said he is mostly a run stopping SS and not good in a cover scheme like ours than i would agree, but being old and white doesnt mean you suck.

He doesn't suck because he is white. He sucks because he is what AND a bad football player.

MadWisconian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It's a question of philosophies. It depends on whether you want a strong safety whose good in coverage (Mark Roman) or one that's good against the run (Adam Archuleta.) Also, I don't think you can solely blame Archuleta for the Rams having one of the worst secondaries in football. The reason he's coveted by many teams is because he's tough against the run, and most teams tend to use their SS more in run support.

I agree that we don't need him. But we do need an upgrade over Roman.
gbmurphy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Adam Archuleta Reply with quote

onemoreyearfor4 wrote:
Gilbert Burger wrote:

Good point on that, except not Jason Sehorn, but John Lynch.

I'm glad you aren't afraid to mention the color part. Too many others are afraid to, and pretend there's no difference in races (see Larry Csonka, John Riggins, Craig James).

Good post onemoreyear4favre

1979 Rookie Joe Montana, 6-2, 197
1985 Rookie Steve Young, 6-2, 215
1991 Rookie Brett Favre, 6-2, 227
2005 Rookie Aaron Rodgers, 6-2, 223
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 years 3 carrer INT's ah I'm gonna pass!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say if he comes cheap take him ,but he is TOO overrated and would want a lot of money.

2 great things about him: 1. Powerful and knows how to lay the wood. Benches around 550 pounds.
2. Fast, he is fast, but IMO that was ALL TURF.

ONLY SIGN HIM IF HE'S CHEAP, BUT VERY UNLIKELY.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
LeRoy36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is you need to know what your getting. He is a run stopping SS. He isnt a INT machine. He closes the gap and knocks the HB back. I mean if Bob changes the scheme to have a S come down to help in the run Adam maybe a good pick up for GB.
Packwillbeback

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know i will get ripped on for this but what do you guys think of this. You guys said he is very fast and can tackle great. How about Archulta at WLB. I think it could work.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: