Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Trade Down Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

Free Agents

OT Tyson Clabo [Atlanta] 5 years 30 million/ 13 guaranteed

A 6’6” 330lbs mauler at RT that can come in and compete with Webb and perhaps give the Bears the versatility to play OT shuffle.

DT Brandon Mebane [Seattle] 5 years 35 million/ 18 guaranteed

The penetrating explosive up field rusher that the Bears need in the cover 2 defense.

Trade

The Chicago Bears trade 1[29] to the Tennessee Titans for 2[39] and 3[77]. The Tennessee Titans select QB Jake Locker.

2[39] WR Leonard Hankerson [Miami] 6’1” 205lbs.

The Bears need a bigger WR that can attack the ball in the air and come down with difficult catches in traffic. Hankerson has big strong hands and runs solid routes, which would allow Cutler to get away with some of his throws.

2[61] C Rodney Hudson [Florida St] 6’2” 295lbs.

Hudson does not have dominant size, but he is physical blocker that can get into his guy and move him off the line. Hudson may be too small to play OG in the NFL, but he is technically sound and showed a great burst at the Senior Bowl.

3[77] OG/OT James Brewer [Indiana] 6’6” 323lbs.

The Bears need to add talent into the interior OL and Brewer is a large man that showed at the Senior Bowl that he can move guys off the line. Brewer may not be ready to start right now, but he may be able to compete at LG. He reminds me of John Jerry who starts for Miami.

3[93] CB Brandon Burton [Utah] 6’1” 195lbs.

The Bears need to add depth and size at the CB position. Right now the Bears have Ball Punch and the Midget at the CB spot.

4. DT Lawrence Guy [Arizona St] 6’5” 302lbs.

A big physical DT that has exceptional athletic ability and can get off the ball and move upfield.

5. S Zac Etheridge [Auburn] 6’ 195lbs.

I doubt Daniel Manning is going to be back and the Bears need to add depth. Ethridge is a physical tackler that can work at SS.

6. LB Brian Smith [Notre Dame 6’2” 240lbs.

He might be limited in some aspects of the game, but he is a solid physical thumper that can play special teams.

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Hanie, UDFA
RB: Forte, Taylor, Bell
FB: Unga
WR: Hankerson, Bennett, Knox, Hester, Davis
TE: Olsen, Manamluana, Davis
LT: Webb, Williams
LG: Husdon, Brewer
C: Kreutz
RG: Garza, Louis
RT Clabo, Omiyale

RE: Peppers, Wootton
DT: Mebane, Guy
NT: Adams, Toeina
LE: Idonidje, Melton
SLB: Tinaisamoa, Roach
MLB: Urlacher, Smith
WLB: Briggs, Iwuh
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Bowman, Burton, Moore, Moore
FS: Wright, Etheridge
SS: Harris, Bullocks, Steltz
madmike44

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

The Bears need a bigger WR that can attack the ball in the air and come down with difficult catches in traffic.

That's not Leonard Hankerson. He alligator arms balls in traffic and does not attack the ball. I want no part of him.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

madmike44 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

The Bears need a bigger WR that can attack the ball in the air and come down with difficult catches in traffic.

That's not Leonard Hankerson. He alligator arms balls in traffic and does not attack the ball. I want no part of him.

If you insert Torrey Smith there then I would love this draft. Even Jon Baldwin there would be solid imo.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

If you insert Torrey Smith there then I would love this draft. Even Jon Baldwin there would be solid imo.

This. Torrey Smith is almost a perfect fit for our offense.

Also, I would absolutely hate having Webb at LT, I think Clabo would be there.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clabo's a pro he can play LT and be leaps and bounds better than franky o. i don't like this draft. especially the wide reciever pick. 6'1 and 205 isn't a huge difference in size from what we have at the core already. plus i dont like the hudson pick. a little undersized IMO.

like the free agency and the brewer pick though
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate the draft for the most part. Hudson is best fit in a ZBS...I wouldn't touch Hankerson, I honestly like some of the smaller WR's more this year (Young, Jernigan, Brown) and feel they can contribute just as much if not more then a "big WR"... Also, do you truely feel J'marcus Webb can play LT in NFL??? Because he shouldn't.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Bounty91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh for a couple of reasons I dont like this mock.

Don't think we would be able to get both Clabo and Mebane, but either would be great additions.

I do like the idea of trading down, but I think the benefit of it will be that there should still be some nice Oline talent in the second round, and we could cater for both DT and another need, be it OLine, CB or WR, in the third round.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

madmike44 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Good thing you're not overreacting to a bad bowl game......
madmike44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Good thing you're not ignoring a major flaw in his game, that was exposed in the biggest game of his year. And trying to brush it off as "a bad game".
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt we get a shot at either Clabo or Mebane…both their teams will see them as #1 priority when it comes to retaining FAs.

Hankerson is a big reach IMO…he isn’t worth a 2nd round pick and I expect better WRs to be on the board at this point…Hudson is a solid pick to play centre but I would rather pick up a starting LG...Brewer is a huge reach…he has great size but he lacks athleticism…why take a guy who might be able to play LG when there will be guys who have proven they can play the position…I expect Burton to be gone by this point but if he was there he would be a good pick at this point…Guy against is good value this late…Etheridge IMO struggles too much in coverage to fit our scheme…and the 6th round pick should always be a punter Laughing
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

madmike44 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Good thing you're not ignoring a major flaw in his game, that was exposed in the biggest game of his year. And trying to brush it off as "a bad game".
What is the major flaw?
madmike44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

What is the major flaw?

Really? Then you haven't been watching him play.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

madmike44 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

What is the major flaw?

Something like that.
madmike44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

What is the major flaw?

Something like that.

Read the entire thread tree and you'll find out.

But if you're the draft nick you claim to be, you would already know this.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trade Down Mock Draft Reply with quote

madmike44 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
madmike44 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

What is the major flaw?

Something like that.

Read the entire thread tree and you'll find out.

But if you're the draft nick you claim to be, you would already know this.
What you're saying isnt true. Hankerson had a bad game. He was a consistent performer this season. He's proven all season that he can do it all. He'll be a 2nd round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: