Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What to do with Rudi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starkesn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: What to do with Rudi? Reply with quote

Now that Rudi has been given the franchise tag, I think the Bengals should do one of two things:
1. trade him for anyone willing to give up draft picks for him.
2. Trade P dub and sign tj.

What do you think?
Bengals4LIFE0985

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: kinda Reply with quote

i kinda agree with ur first one but i don't wanna trade pdub yet, he may be amazing... rudi was a mistake tho
"Rudi is a great player, however we have set up our team to cope with the loss of him. We would like to have him back, but we spent a 1st round pick on (Perry) because we saw something and I see him getting better everyday."-Marvin Lewis (RAY WHO?)
USNinc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think that Perry can replace Rudi?
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see Perry being nearly as good as Rudi. RJ just gets the job done grinding out those extra yards late in the game. It would be fun to watch Perry out of the backfield as another weapon for Palmer, but the way things look right now, there aren't enough footblls to go 'round.

The offense would be dangerous with either guy starting, though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perry is just too injury prone to be the man at running back. I think he could be a failry good 3rd down back, but his injury history is just too long to ignore. Hindsight shows us that we really should have taken Steven Jackson if we wanted a RB, but oh well. If we can come out of FA and the Draft with a new starting DT and a new SS i'll be ecstatic.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
mstiegel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing Perry can do (if healthy) is provide a receiving threat out of the backfield. Our lack of a reliable tight end , combined with Rudis limited pass catching skills, could force Palmer to rely too heavily on downfield strikes in firts/second down situations, and into extra coverage. That could lead to costly, unnecessary interceptions. Perry may be able to open up the passing game horizontally, which could really provide the balance needed in a potentially explosive offense.

For evidence of this, look at Indy. Clark, Pollard, and James give Manning the short game to work with, which allows Harrison and Wayne to work further downfield. In Indy's case, they have perfected it, and now the tight ends will go deep on occasion, catching linebackers in single coverage. The short passing game, combined with Mannings maturation has made Indy's offense among the most explosive in history.
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals | Ru. Johnson Signs Franchise Tender - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:24:08 -0800

Updating previous reports, the Cincinnati Bengals have announced that RB Rudi Johnson has signed his one-year, $6.3 million tender offer as the team's franchise player. "I'm ready to play and do what I do best. I'm glad to still be a Bengal," Johnson said. "I like my teammates and this city and our fans." Head coach Marvin Lewis said the club will continue to discuss a long-term deal for Johnson.
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He agreed to sign like a week ago. Rudi just came to town and wrote his name on the contract today.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: