Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Rudi Handcuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mstiegel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: The Rudi Handcuff Reply with quote

If the preliminary reports are correct, then the Bengals ahve just locked up $9 million of their $14 million on Rudi(6.3), Rashad Bauman, Kenny Watson, and two special teams gunners.

After $3 million to the rookies they draft and $1 million to Rich Braham, that leaves a whopping $1 million right now to spend in free agency. And thats before TJ even gets a whiff of an offer.

Unless the Bengals can restructure some contracts, they have handcuffed themselves by Franchise tagging Rudi. I love the guy, but this looks like a bad move.
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I just read the same article you did. Either TJ or P-Dub will probably have to go. I hope Hardy will restructure, because he's been such a good run-stuffer, I don't want to see him go. The best thing we can try now is to get Rudi his long-term deal giving him 3-4 million in year 1 and clearing up 2-3 million of cap.

On the bright side, David Terrell & Kevin Johnson would be cheap WR pick ups. They would be servicible #3 or #4 receivers. But I was hoping to make a run at Pat Williams.

I'm not about to start questioning Marvin. They'll be all right. The offense will be spectacular next year, and the D is still young.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put my money on Rudi reaching a long term deal before march 16th. Not to mention you can cut later and not add in thge rookie salraies until training camp. I'd love to see them go for Pat Williams and some how finnagle Thomas Davis out of the draft. I would love the safety tandem of Madieu Williams at free and Davis at strong. You could leave that duo back there the next ten years.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
mstiegel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot thickens...

By signing TJ to approx. $3 million/year, the Bengals are obviously looking to seriously restructure or release P-Dub and/or Hardy. The re-signing of TJ and Rudi is encouraging on the loyalty being shown by the franchise, but it is a bit of a gamble. Between the two, their new deals have eaten up a huge portion of the available free agent $.

I guess it is refreshing to see the Bengals confident that they can load up and go to war with the guys they already have. But, I am still hoping they find a way to land a proven, impact defensive contributor through free agency.

Like all other Bengal fans, I will wait and hope for the best.
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN MARVIN WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: