Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RC's top ten draft eligible Qbs for 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: RC's top ten draft eligible Qbs for 2012 Reply with quote

With apologies to Falastine, here's a top ten QB preview for next season. I will be unveiling my top ten at every position, and my top 50 big board after the combine.

1. Andrew Luck, 6-4 230, Stanford
2. Landry Jones, 6-6 230, Oklahoma
3. Matt Barkley, 6-2 225, USC
4. Ryan Lindley, 6-4 215, San Diego State
5. Nick Foles, 6-5 245, Arizona
6. Kirk Cousins, 6-3 200, Michigan St.
7. Ryan Tannehill, 6-4 220, Texas A&M
8. Robert Griffin, 6-2 210, Baylor
9. Terrelle Pryor, 6-6 233, Ohio St.
10. Brandon Weeden, 6-4 220, Oklahoma State
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Lindley isn't your no. 1? Wink

And my list would be vastly different then yours.

RIP Robin Williams
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't like Foles too much, and Weeden at 10? Isn't he like 28 years old at this point? I'd also have Austin Davis of Southern Miss a bit higher on your list, he'd be 9 or 10 for me.

Agreed with the top 3 though.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
I still don't like Foles too much, and Weeden at 10? Isn't he like 28 years old at this point? I'd also have Austin Davis of Southern Miss a bit higher on your list, he'd be 9 or 10 for me.

Haha, I currently have Davis at 11. Yes Weeden will be old, and will probably see his stock drop with the change in offensive coordinator and the loss of Kendall Hunter, but for now, that's where I have them.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Tannehill works a crap ton on developing his mechanics this offseason he could find himself in the Top 15. He has a natural ability of extending and creating plays. And I'm not talking about just running when danger is near which won't work nearly as much in the NFL. I am just talking about improvising and turning nothing into something.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
I think if Tannehill works a crap ton on developing his mechanics this offseason he could find himself in the Top 15. He has a natural ability of extending and creating plays. And I'm not talking about just running when danger is near which won't work nearly as much in the NFL. I am just talking about improvising and turning nothing into something.

I agree... I can't wait to see more film on him, and how he does in a full season as a starter. Top 15 maight be a bit much, considering the other names, but certainly first round potential is there.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:

I agree... I can't wait to see more film on him, and how he does in a full season as a starter. Top 15 maight be a bit much, considering the other names, but certainly first round potential is there.

Not to me, how he works now. If he develops as a pocket passer people are gonna be calling him a cross between Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
R3N3G4D3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice list, Reality_Check.

My rankings are as followed:

1. Andrew Luck, Stanford
2. Matt Barkley, USC
3. Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
4. Landry Jones, Oklahoma
5. Ryan Lindley, San Diego State
6. Nick Foles, Arizona
7. Robert Griffin III, Baylor
8. Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State
9. Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
10. Austin Davis, Southern Miss

I'm higher on Cousins than most. I love what he brings to the table.
NotoriouZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Rankings

1. Andrew Luck
2. Matt Barkley
3. Landry Jones
4. Kirk Cousins
5. Ryan Lindley
6. Robert Griffin
7. Nick Foles
8. Ryan Tannehill
9. G.J. Kinne
10. Steven Threet
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

Haha, I currently have Davis at 11. Yes Weeden will be old, and will probably see his stock drop with the change in offensive coordinator and the loss of Kendall Hunter, but for now, that's where I have them.

Fair enough. I do think that Davis will be a very intriguing mid-round prospect. He has good pocket presence, a good arm, and natural leadership ability. I think he could be a late riser in next year's class.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
ak-4715

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bold prediction for 2012 draft, Barkley gets picked ahead of Luck. Luck's stock is at an all-time high now, scouts pick out all of his weaknesses. Of Barkley has a big year (like I think he will) , I wouldn't be suprised to see him leapfrog Luck in the rankings. Don't forget Locker had a chance to go #1 in 2010.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:

I actually believe just the opposite. I think the more time on the field he sees, the worse he's going to be. I don't think he's all that great and I think with a handful of film to study, teams in the Big XII are going to be a lot more keen on handling him. A&M's late-season success in 2010 was due to Cyrus Gray, the gelling of the offensive line, and the defense finally coming into its own in DeRuyter's system. Tannehill just happened to be in the right place at the right time after Johnson's botched recovery from shoulder surgery.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see true freshman QB Johnny Manziel step in as a starter by season's end. Just a hunch, but I see Tannehill as a less accurate, more athletic Greg McElroy: a game manager at best with great WRs who bail him out. A lot. Any future Tannehill has in the NFL will likely be as a WR.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one confused at how Landry Jones is getting a pass after Sam Bradford was questioned by everyone because he played in the Oklahoma system that supposedly made bad QBs like Heupel and White look good? Because Bradford performed incredibly well, now that whole belief is dead? I'd caution people against that. Bradford was more the exception than the rule. I don't believe in trying to judge players as part of groups but I think Landry Jones is getting overrated fast. I don't think he's a 1st round talent. Bradford was incredible to watch in college, he could have been great in any system. I don't see that in Landry. I'm not blown away by his game and I don't think he's anywhere near as good as Bradford was.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Calvert28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:

I actually believe just the opposite. I think the more time on the field he sees, the worse he's going to be. I don't think he's all that great and I think with a handful of film to study, teams in the Big XII are going to be a lot more keen on handling him. A&M's late-season success in 2010 was due to Cyrus Gray, the gelling of the offensive line, and the defense finally coming into its own in DeRuyter's system. Tannehill just happened to be in the right place at the right time after Johnson's botched recovery from shoulder surgery.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see true freshman QB Johnny Manziel step in as a starter by season's end. Just a hunch, but I see Tannehill as a less accurate, more athletic Greg McElroy: a game manager at best with great WRs who bail him out. A lot. Any future Tannehill has in the NFL will likely be as a WR.

Very true. H/e only time will tell how he becomes. He could definitely go either way at this point.

Sciz wrote:
LIES!
Calvert28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to add something to these lists to watch on is a sleeper I am keeping an eye on from Tulsa.

G.J. Kinne

Sciz wrote:
LIES!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: