Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First real sig in a LONG time - Future GOAT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Signature and Avatar Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: First real sig in a LONG time - Future GOAT Reply with quote

Ok, I was just kidding about the future GOAT part, but this IS my first real sig in a long time. What do you guys think?

'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

layout is great, could use some better text.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BBL20. Yeah, I have a new computer so I lost all my old fonts. I just went over to dafont.com and grabbed a few as I was working on this sig, so I'll have to try and incorporate some different ones in the future. Thanks for your input buddy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I've decided? This sig is pretty ugly. The background is really bland, and the whole thing just doesn't work. Mad

I'm going to redo it and see if I can make something out of it. Gotta do justice to our new QB.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've noticed about a lot of designers around here; y'all really like to do the fading face in the background. It takes the viewer away from the focal and interrupts the flow of a tag. Its just not a good effect, also text isn't that great. My eyes are kind of going all over the place when I look at this. Text should never be the main feature of the Sig like I mentioned in the other thread. Keep it small and simple, or don't use it at all.

In this case, everything around the main teddy focal should be directing your eyes to him, add some depth. Effects are a great thing when you get the hang of them and know how to execute them in a manner where it complements the flow and depth of the Sig.

I wish I had some .psd's so I can show you guys what I mean.
Where are the Chiefs at #11?

Nobody cares about the Chiefs.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-More_2011 wrote:
One thing I've noticed about a lot of designers around here; y'all really like to do the fading face in the background. It takes the viewer away from the focal and interrupts the flow of a tag. Its just not a good effect, also text isn't that great. My eyes are kind of going all over the place when I look at this. Text should never be the main feature of the Sig like I mentioned in the other thread. Keep it small and simple, or don't use it at all.

In this case, everything around the main teddy focal should be directing your eyes to him, add some depth. Effects are a great thing when you get the hang of them and know how to execute them in a manner where it complements the flow and depth of the Sig.

I wish I had some .psd's so I can show you guys what I mean.

You're right. This sig was really busy, with too many things going on at once. Thanks for the advice. I always appreciate it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Signature and Avatar Help All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: