Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Resources & General Help Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Signature and Avatar Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kiltman


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 14366
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what's the deal but some other places have said CS2, including Photoshop obviously, is free to download off Adobe

I have CS4 and am on my Ipad so I didn't see if it worked but figured I'd share.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 688
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately photoshop is out of my budget, and is why I've been trying to use GIMP.

But one thing I can't figure out is how to change the background of my avatar and make it match the background of the FF forums. I've seen a few posters who have their avatars with the matching background, and I'm curious as to how they did it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

****EDIT****

So far this is what I've done, but I still can't make the back ground transparent.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9349
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Unfortunately photoshop is out of my budget, and is why I've been trying to use GIMP.

But one thing I can't figure out is how to change the background of my avatar and make it match the background of the FF forums. I've seen a few posters who have their avatars with the matching background, and I'm curious as to how they did it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

****EDIT****

So far this is what I've done, but I still can't make the back ground transparent.


There's probably a better way to do it, but if I'm trying to make a transparent background, I use Paint.net, use the magic wand tool, delete the selected area (the background), and then save it as a png file.

Here you go. I also re-sized it since the forum limits are 80x80. Hope this is what you wanted.


Code:
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h415/steveross999/SemperFeist2_zps38b6d821.png

_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 688
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome!

I appreciate your help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thewadewilson


Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 146
Location: me on the sig Espn Insider forget Kiper
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone shrink this to the appropriate size

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww298/motylsc/th_DeadpoolThumbs-Up-1.png
_________________


Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mddeckie


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 379
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my profile settings there is no place to add an avatar. My setting options are below and I cant figure out where to do avatars! Thanks!



Username: *
E-mail address: *
Current password: *
You must confirm your current password if you wish to change it or alter your e-mail address
New password: *
You only need to supply a password if you want to change it
Confirm password: *
You only need to confirm your password if you changed it above

Profile Information
This information will be publicly viewable
ICQ Number:
AIM Address:
MSN Messenger:
Yahoo Messenger:
Location:
Occupation:
Interests:
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. If you would like to post an image as your signature, you must follow these guidelines:
1. Only 1 image per signature
2. No animated or video images
3. No higher then 100 pixels
4. No wider then 600 pixels
5. PG rated images only

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

Preferences
Always show my e-mail address: Yes No
Hide your online status: Yes No
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post. Yes No
Notify on new Private Message: Yes No
Pop up window on new Private Message:
Some templates may open a new window to inform you when new private messages arrive. Yes No
Always attach my signature: Yes No
Always allow BBCode: Yes No
Always allow HTML: Yes No
Always enable Smilies: Yes No
Board Language:
Board Style:
Timezone:
Date format:
The syntax used is identical to the PHP date() function.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pacnwpackfan


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 219
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to resize a picture to the 80 pixel height limit for my profile/signature. Can anyone help with this? Thank you.


Website is http://www.rsvlts.com/2013/01/25/iconic-super-bowl-photos/#1


Photo URL is: http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Super-Bowl-II-Jan.-14-1968-Vince-Lombardi.jpeg

Appreciate any assistance!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7717
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:
in my profile settings there is no place to add an avatar. My setting options are below and I cant figure out where to do avatars! Thanks!



Username: *
E-mail address: *
Current password: *
You must confirm your current password if you wish to change it or alter your e-mail address
New password: *
You only need to supply a password if you want to change it
Confirm password: *
You only need to confirm your password if you changed it above

Profile Information
This information will be publicly viewable
ICQ Number:
AIM Address:
MSN Messenger:
Yahoo Messenger:
Location:
Occupation:
Interests:
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. If you would like to post an image as your signature, you must follow these guidelines:
1. Only 1 image per signature
2. No animated or video images
3. No higher then 100 pixels
4. No wider then 600 pixels
5. PG rated images only

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

Preferences
Always show my e-mail address: Yes No
Hide your online status: Yes No
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post. Yes No
Notify on new Private Message: Yes No
Pop up window on new Private Message:
Some templates may open a new window to inform you when new private messages arrive. Yes No
Always attach my signature: Yes No
Always allow BBCode: Yes No
Always allow HTML: Yes No
Always enable Smilies: Yes No
Board Language:
Board Style:
Timezone:
Date format:
The syntax used is identical to the PHP date() function.


On the very bottom of the page it should show a spot for link to an off site avatar.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7717
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
That's awesome!

I appreciate your help.


Anytime you have something like your previous avatar, with a white background, if you save it as a png, it should take that away. FYI.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11844
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 and I'm trying to resize a picture to make a signature. Can anyone give me any tips on how to accomplish that. I tried resizing but it just distorted the pic.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 9737
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
So I have Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 and I'm trying to resize a picture to make a signature. Can anyone give me any tips on how to accomplish that. I tried resizing but it just distorted the pic.


you can resize easily in basic MS Office Picture Manager or Photo Editor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe_is_the_best


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 6610
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
So I have Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 and I'm trying to resize a picture to make a signature. Can anyone give me any tips on how to accomplish that. I tried resizing but it just distorted the pic.
Click on image, then image size. You may need to click the 'constrain proportions' checkbox.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3138
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in desperate need of a good HQ image of Iman Shumpert and Quinton Coples. I've got two guys that needs signatures but I can't make any without any good, HQ pics.
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 9737
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
I'm in desperate need of a good HQ image of Iman Shumpert and Quinton Coples. I've got two guys that needs signatures but I can't make any without any good, HQ pics.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe_is_the_best


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 6610
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a tip for finding cuts...

Go to google images and type in the name of the player followed by png. The cuts aren't always perfect, but it beats having to do it yourself. Not sure if this is common knowledge, just thought I'd share.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Signature and Avatar Help All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group