Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EDGERRIN JAMES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andersong0857

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: EDGERRIN JAMES Reply with quote

Tell me what yall think?????

Trade Edgerrin James for Miami 1st pick which is the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

I love Derrick Johnson and I badly want him so either take him with the second pick

or trade down for two lower 1st round draft picks like the cowboys and pick up possibly Antrelle Rolle with there first rounder which I believe its the 8th pick and maybe Travis Johnson will fall to them with there second 1 rounder pick.

then definitely without a doubt trade the colts late first round for Patrick Surtain who I think is a solid corner.

Then take there second round pick and draft a OG, RB

What does everybody think about that?????

andersong0857

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derrick Johnson is the next DERRICK THOMAS

magscivic

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:33 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

becareful...those are strong words!

KCALLTHEWAY

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:01 pm Post subject:

yeah nobody will ever DT it's like trying to be the next MJ, must people will fade away, he was the best at the Falcon position, nobody will ever be better then him.

andersong0857

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:01 pm Post subject:

Ok really think about it. Edgerrin is a top 3 runningback out of the most successful college football program MIAMi HURRICANES.

Edgerrin James is definitely worth two later first round picks especially for teams that live on running the ball like pretty much more than have the teams that dont have a good quarterback!!!!
I would rate the runningbacks like this:

1Ladanian Tomlinson
2Jamal Lewis
3Edgerrin James
4Priest Holmes (only because hes old)
5Shaun Alexander
6Clinton Portis
7Corry Dillon
8Dominic Davis

JCurtin

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: EDGERRIN JAMES TALK

andersong0857 wrote:
Trade Edgerrin James for Miami 1st pick which is the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

I love Derrick Johnson and I badly want him so either take him with the second pick

or trade down for two lower 1st round draft picks like the cowboys and pick up possibly Antrelle Rolle with there first rounder which I believe its the 8th pick and maybe Travis Johnson will fall to them with there second 1 rounder pick.

then definitely without a doubt trade the colts late first round for Patrick Surtain who I think is a solid corner.

As amazing as Derrick Johnson is, there is no way that the Colts trade Edge. People see Peyton's stats and think that this team can get away with an average RB. This is completely false. Edge makes this offense work because he is such a threat running the ball. This makes teams respect play action, which then opens up the whole offense. He is also a major threat catching the ball out of the backfield. The only way that this trade would have happened would be if Alexander got away from Seattle and the Colts could bring him in to replace Edge.

I like the idea of bringing in Surtain, but they can't due to his ridiculously high salary. If they could rework his contract, it would be a great deal though. I think the Colts should do all they can to move up in the draft to land Antrel or at least Pac-Man. The problem that they have is that they cannot land a premier prospect because they are always picking with very low 1st rounders. They need one big-time playmaker in the secondary and an impact LB and they are set. Its just tough because they don't have too much money and they don't have high enough picks to really make some moves in the draft. This year's and next years 1st to move up to land Antrel if he slips past the Browns at 3 and the Titans at 6.

The Cowboys have the 11th pick by the way, Cardinals are at 8. Travis Johnson won't get past the Bengals at 17, but Channing Crowder or Odell Thurman would be great LBs for the Colts to nab if they had the Cowboys 2nd pick.

ditchdigger

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:12 pm Post subject:

andersong0857 wrote:
Derrick Johnson is the next DERRICK THOMAS

That is an asinine statement. DJ has not shown that kind of ability to get to the QB, let alone shed blocks. If you said Ray Lewis, I might agree with you.

Will there ever be another LB with 20 sacks? Maybe. Will it be DJ? 99.9% sure the answer is no.

JCurtin

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:16 pm Post subject:

Dominic Davis over Ahman Green, Fred Taylor, Duece McCallister, and Curtis Martin???

Thats pretty bold anderson...I disagree, but lets see what he does if the Texans can land Alex Barron and he can run behind a pretty good OL. On that list, only LD doesn't have a great OL, which is a testiment to how amazing Ladanian really is.

andersong0857

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:10 pm Post subject:

Ok first of all We are getting rid of Edgerrin James because we cant afford to pay a running that much when we need all that help on defense. Dwightfreeney the best DE in the game has to be signed next year so we got to think about now and the future.

TOP RATED Defensive Ends

1Dwight Freeney
2Julies Peppers
3Richard Seymor
4John Abraham

So Why downgrade from Edgerrin James to Shawn Alexander and pay about the same amount of money the Edge wants. STUPID; So if we have to take Miami 1 rounder and draft Cedric Benson and sign him to a long rookie contract and then save your money for defense.

JCurtin

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:09 pm Post subject:

you just franchised Edge and Peyton is willing to take a pay cut to keep him around. Franchising him buys the Colts time to work out a long-term contract ala Walter Jones. When he's healthy, he's the 2nd best RB in the game (LD) so it would be stupid to get rid of him. If Miami signed him anyway, then their two 1st rounders would then be worth it. They could do serious damage in the draft with two 1st rounders in the next 2 drafts. Benson doesn't fit the system as well as Ronnie Brown would because Brown has better catching ability out of the backfield. I just don't think they aren't just going to choose Freeney over Edge, though I have to admit, replacing Freeney would be harder than Edge. Perfect world, they work a long-term deal with both by Peyton reworking his contract for the betterment of the team. Regardless, trade up and draft Antrel if the don't get Miami's first round pick...

kcsteaks23

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:33 pm Post subject:

as you see in my sig i want DJ (another derrick thomas) but they are completely different DJ is a cover guy and DT was a pass rusher what i mean is i want a lb to make plays for the chiefs DJ makes INTS and FORCES TONS OF FUMBLES Derrick just rushed and rushed and rushed the QB

andersong0857

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:14 pm Post subject:

Other possible Colts free agency pickups

DT
Christ Hovan
Pat Williams

LB
Ed Hartwell
Kendrell Bell
Jason Gildon

CB
GaryBaxter
FredSmoot
Ken Lucas
Samari Rolle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: