Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The new and improved Aaron Rodgers appreciation thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
Here's another, at what point is Aaron Rodgers considered the greatest Packer QB of all time?

Let's wait for retirement unless he can notch three more rings. He would have to be hands down living Montana to have everyone agree on that.

imo he needs 2 more rings, & its a lock... finishing with 3 SB rings in an NFL like we have now would be pretty freaking impressive

but if ARod gets 3, were not talking about best packer QB anymore... he would then immediately enter the discussion as best of all time...

oh but if he gets 4... game over.
Packers FTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to disrepect Eli... The kid is a stud regardless of leading statistical categories and whatnot. Hes a top QB.
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers FTW wrote:
No need to disrepect Eli... The kid is a stud regardless of leading statistical categories and whatnot. Hes a top QB.

I agree. Eli is excellent in big games. He may end up with more accolades than his elder brother.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tempe85 wrote:
Ugh, don't add Eli (or Roethlisberger for that matter) to that list. Yes, they both won two Super Bowls, or should I say, their teams won two Super Bowls. Manning has led the league twice in only two major statistical categories for a QB, and that was interceptions in 2007 and interceptions again in 2010. The guy has come up big in the playoffs, there's no doubting that (although his overall playoff numbers and career numbers are almost identical). But to be mentioned as an all time great you really need to perform at a high level at all points in the season. His 82 career QB rating speaks volumes, and the fact that he's never even broken 93.1 in any single season, in this era, makes me question just how good he is. Great QB? Yes. Deserving to be mentioned along side those guys? No.
Eli and Ben are both likely hall of fame quarterbacks. Guys have gotten in with less than what those two have accomplished.

#JDI
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
tempe85 wrote:
Ugh, don't add Eli (or Roethlisberger for that matter) to that list. Yes, they both won two Super Bowls, or should I say, their teams won two Super Bowls. Manning has led the league twice in only two major statistical categories for a QB, and that was interceptions in 2007 and interceptions again in 2010. The guy has come up big in the playoffs, there's no doubting that (although his overall playoff numbers and career numbers are almost identical). But to be mentioned as an all time great you really need to perform at a high level at all points in the season. His 82 career QB rating speaks volumes, and the fact that he's never even broken 93.1 in any single season, in this era, makes me question just how good he is. Great QB? Yes. Deserving to be mentioned along side those guys? No.
Eli and Ben are both likely hall of fame quarterbacks. Guys have gotten in with less than what those two have accomplished.

Football is not a statistical sport. Seriously, look at Joe Namath, mediocre numbers, but he had several big moments, and because of that he absolutely should have been in the HOF.

Eli will never have Rodgers, Brady, or Peyton's numbers, but he is absolutely a HOF QB because he has the moments. There are about 2-3 moments in his career that were legendary. That is why he is the best QB in Giant history, that's why he belongs in the HOF.

I dunno I can say that about Big Ben however...

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
tempe85 wrote:

Football is not a statistical sport. Seriously, look at Joe Namath, mediocre numbers, but he had several big moments, and because of that he absolutely should have been in the HOF.

Eli will never have Rodgers, Brady, or Peyton's numbers, but he is absolutely a HOF QB because he has the moments. There are about 2-3 moments in his career that were legendary. That is why he is the best QB in Giant history, that's why he belongs in the HOF.

yeah but just HOF doesnt merit them in the GOAT discussion
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
tempe85 wrote:

Who said it did?

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
tempe85 wrote:

Who said it did?

The original discussion was what it would take to start mention Rodgers in the GOAT category and people started listing off HoF QBs. Rodgers is probably already right on the threshold of HOF assuming he plays 2-3 more years at close to his current pace, regardless of how the team does, but it would take 1-2 more rings to get him into the GOAT category which is how this whole discussion started.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bkobow05

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I wasn't mentioning Eli and Ben as GOAT QBs. I was just mentioning how awesome it is to watch the QB position with 6 future Hall of Famers playing. Laughing

#JDI
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The QBs most commonly associated with the GOAT convo are Unitas, Montana, Marino, Starr, Elway and now Peyton and Brady. There's never been a bona fide #1 off all time like there is with Basketball (Jordan) or Hockey (Gretzky). Rodgers finds himself in the enviable position of being able to usurp such a role as he passes each player above him.

Willink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/aaron_rodgers_recently_engaged/12023632

Quote:
“Aaron Rodgers girlfriend Destiny Newton was recently spotted at her friends wedding wearing a HUGE Engagement ring. Wonder if Aaron will ever confirm he’s engaged?”

Quote:
Packers' Aaron Rodgers putting up monster numbers at indoor stadiums

Over Rodgers' past eight indoor games, which include a Super Bowl win over Pittsburgh and a playoff game at Atlanta, Rodgers has completed 201 of 283 passes (71.0 percent) for 2,623 yards, 25 touchdowns and one interception.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron can do better...

JK, if he's happy that's all that matters. If this news is true, that is...

Oh, and Big Ben is a HOFer. 2 rings will do that.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Aaron can do better...
My thoughts exactly.

#JDI
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
Over Rodgers' past eight indoor games, which include a Super Bowl win over Pittsburgh and a playoff game at Atlanta, Rodgers has completed 201 of 283 passes (71.0 percent) for 2,623 yards, 25 touchdowns and one interception.

Shocked ......we must put a cap on Lambeau.

R-E-L-A-X
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Aaron can do better...
My thoughts exactly.

The tramp stamp ruins it for me.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 93 of 100

Jump to: