Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The new and improved Aaron Rodgers appreciation thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
byzr wrote:
spilltray wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
ESPN has already narrowed the MVP race down to Brady and Manning.

Am I wrong for feeling slighted...?

Yeah I don't get it. Statistically Rodgers is right there with either. I'd say the 3 are neck and neck and ahead of any other candidates and see no reason to write off Rodgers in favor of the other 2. It's still a 3 horse race imo.

winning games is a stat too and if we'd won against the giants we probably would be hearing his name but alas. it is hard to look at Peyton and not just think wow....

Ok? NE and Denver are both a whopping 1 game ahead of Green Bay. If you think about the Seattle Screwjob, then it really is all the same.

It's not like GB is .500 and Denver and NE are amazingly better.

The major problem was the Giants game was a prime time game. If he had an average Rodgers game (300 yards, 3TDs) he would be in the talk. Since he had a poor game on national TV, he drops some. Just the way it is.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Manning had a rather awful performance on MNF as well (1 TD, 3 INT).

It's fresh in the mind now because it was last Sunday's game. In 5 weeks when the regular season is over? Probably not so much. It's not like Rodgers had an awful game himself.

Sure Manning is the front runner, but if Rodgers plays like he can the last month, there is no way he is out of the discussion either. LIS, still easily a 3 horse race at this point.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers has also had an MVP performance in primetime against Houston. Torching one of the top defenses in the league in their own house should automatically keep him right there in the discussion.

Peyton will likely win it just because of the comeback from injury, which I don't really mind, but I just hope he doesn't get the unanimous (sympathy) vote.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rodgers wins the MVP this year, we either have to lower our standards for him or he has to win it every year for the reasonable future.

He has not played well by his standards this year.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
If Rodgers wins the MVP this year, we either have to lower our standards for him or he has to win it every year for the reasonable future.

Well, many people seem to hold this against him. He's not competing against his 2011 version. He's competing against the other 2012 QBs. And he's leading them in several premier statistical categories.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

Well, many people seem to hold this against him. He's not competing against his 2011 version. He's competing against the other 2012 QBs. And he's leading them in several premier statistical categories.

I understand, but even by his semi-reasonable standards, he's missing throws, holding the ball, not looking like the Aaron Rodgers we have seen. Just re-watched that Houston game and while he looks great, he still missed several throws in the game. Problem right now is that I don't know what's asking too much of him and what isn't. What's reasonable and what isn't? We were blessed to see the best quarterbacking year potentially in league history a year ago.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

I understand, but even by his semi-reasonable standards, he's missing throws, holding the ball, not looking like the Aaron Rodgers we have seen. Just re-watched that Houston game and while he looks great, he still missed several throws in the game. Problem right now is that I don't know what's asking too much of him and what isn't. What's reasonable and what isn't? We were blessed to see the best quarterbacking year potentially in league history a year ago.

Consider what he's dealing with. No Jennings for the entire year. No Nelson for several weeks. No Benson for seven weeks. A revolving door at offensive line.

His circumstances are slightly different than, say, Manning. Lost McGahee? Here's Moreno to come in for you. Besides, who has Denver beat aside from an average Pittsburgh squad? They lost to NE. They lost to ATL. They lost to Houston.

Give me Brady if anything. He's special this year. But to give Manning the vote? Come on.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be kinda funny if Peyton got trolled. Brady (or Rodgers *fingers crossed*) wins MVP, and AP wins Comeback Player of the Year.

Then he'll get that big doofus Manning face out. Eh?

R-E-L-A-X
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
ESPN has already narrowed the MVP race down to Brady and Manning.

Am I wrong for feeling slighted...?

And if Rodgers plays lights out tomorrow he's right back in the conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

Yes, unfortunately some will hold it against him not playing other worldly again this season. For me I'll take our fabulous QB over any other signal caller in the league today including his Highnesses Manning and/or Brady. If he had the protection these 2 get regularly it would be no contest again this season.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need Peyton to collapse at this point IMO for Rodgers to win the MVP.

Looking more and more like it's gonna be Peyton.
tabbaker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers isn't even top 5
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabbaker wrote:
Rodgers isn't even top 5

No. He's overrated around here. He's actually not even a top ten quarterback at this point in time.
tabbaker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant top 5 for the MVP this year.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-horse race at this point between Rodgers, Brady and Peyton.

Rodgers led in PR and TDs coming into this week. He's at absolute worst 3rd right now.

Might be 2nd to Manning after this week.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 97 of 100

Jump to: