Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Biggest Need for 2016? #6

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sixth Biggest Need for 2016 Dallas Cowboys is...
Starting RT
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
#2 WR / Deep Threat
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Back-Up TE / Future TE
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Disruptive DE / Rotational DE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Starting LBer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Overall Depth
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 27201
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Biggest Need for 2016? #6 Reply with quote

Okay, real last one...this is part one of three-part series.


2016 Biggest Need:

1. Back-Up QB / Future QB
2. Starting NT / Impact UT
3. Starting RB / Role Playing RB
4. Starting CB
5. Starting S
6....
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKDALfan


Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 2824
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 WR. We need a real alternative on the other side of Dez. Williams showed that he still has problems catching even the most easy passes, and to get seperation. The only thing he really is good at, is when he has the ball in open space. Also, he's a FA after this season so looking for a new guy would be a good idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 5996
Location: Hop on the bus, Gus. You don't need to discuss much.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that all our needs are met, lets get a toy. WR for me too.
_________________
WizardHawk wrote:
All you can really do is Laughing

RKG starting to look more like DMF. Rolando. RG. DLaw. Hardy. Randle. C-Mike.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
resilient


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 3187
Location: where old school ballers go to die
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now that we have our top 6 needs, if we could just get 2 of these needs filled through FA, it would be easy to focus our draft picks.

Who, may I ask, should be our top FA target/s before the draft?
_________________
it's not the SKILL of a man, but the WILL of a man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 27201
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...I was expecting a bigger difference of opinions. Sad
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Devin Kurant


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 7803
Location: Sic 'em Bears
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate Twill like most of you do, and part of that is a Baylor bias, but the bigger part of it is I know he's a good receiver. I've constantly said he is a great #3 receiver that COULD be a #2, but him putting up duds as the #1 has caused some doubt.

LaQuan Treadwell
Corey Coleman
Josh Doctson


here are three guys who could fill that #2 role. Treadwell would obviously be with our #4 pick, and Coleman/Doctson could fall as 2nd round picks.
_________________


"Baylor We Are, Baylor We'll Always Be"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 5996
Location: Hop on the bus, Gus. You don't need to discuss much.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
I don't hate Twill like most of you do, and part of that is a Baylor bias, but the bigger part of it is I know he's a good receiver. I've constantly said he is a great #3 receiver that COULD be a #2, but him putting up duds as the #1 has caused some doubt.

LaQuan Treadwell
Corey Coleman
Josh Doctson


here are three guys who could fill that #2 role. Treadwell would obviously be with our #4 pick, and Coleman/Doctson could fall as 2nd round picks.


What about Boyd? You like Boyd?
_________________
WizardHawk wrote:
All you can really do is Laughing

RKG starting to look more like DMF. Rolando. RG. DLaw. Hardy. Randle. C-Mike.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 45819
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who here has watched a bunch of Braxton from Ohio? Has the size and speed, but I havent watched a ton of him.

I want speed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Devin Kurant


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 7803
Location: Sic 'em Bears
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:
I don't hate Twill like most of you do, and part of that is a Baylor bias, but the bigger part of it is I know he's a good receiver. I've constantly said he is a great #3 receiver that COULD be a #2, but him putting up duds as the #1 has caused some doubt.

LaQuan Treadwell
Corey Coleman
Josh Doctson


here are three guys who could fill that #2 role. Treadwell would obviously be with our #4 pick, and Coleman/Doctson could fall as 2nd round picks.


What about Boyd? You like Boyd?


Yeah Boyd would be nice as well. I just listed my three favorites for that WR spot.

What if Jerry is content with Griffin or Manziel as the future QB? I'd be all in for getting Griffin, as I think him sitting behind Romo for 2-3 years with a good chance of playing with Romo's injury concern would be good for him. He'd also have the best offensive line blocking for him, and I'm sure they would work on him about sliding correctly, pocket passing, etc... I think Griffin can still be a damn good starter in this league, but it's going to be a few years, and he's going to have learn a lot more as well as be surrounded by the right guys.

The reason I bring that up is the draft. It gives us more positions to look at with our picks.

We could trade back and draft Billings with the 1st round pick we trade for, and then draft Doctson or Coleman with our second pick.

That leaves safety/running back/defensive back to look at with the 3rd and 4th rounders.
_________________


"Baylor We Are, Baylor We'll Always Be"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKDALfan


Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 2824
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
OK, now that we have our top 6 needs, if we could just get 2 of these needs filled through FA, it would be easy to focus our draft picks.

Who, may I ask, should be our top FA target/s before the draft?


Lamar Miller and one of the top safeties (I think Eric Weddle is the only one going to be a FA, but I probably like some of the other guys better) is who I'd be looking at.

- I fear Miller will be expensive though, since he's only 24 and has hardly been used so the risk factor is a lot smaller with him compared to what it typical is when top HB's enter FA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group