Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DKDALfan's great Mockdraft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel, about this offseason?
JOHNNY FREAKING FOOTBALL BABY! WUHUUU
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Pretty good
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Decent
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Are you stupid or something?
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: DKDALfan's great Mockdraft Reply with quote

Major Cap moves
Carr is cut
Tyron Smith restructure his contract
If needed, Crawford's contract is restructured

Free agency

Re-sign
Morris Claiborne
Lance Dunbar
Rolando McClain
David Irving
Nick Hayden
Mackenzy Burnadeau

Lamarr Miller
- With other big names hitting the market, I don't see Miller get huge money with the carries he got in Miami. I expect him to sign a reasonble 3-4 year contract, it sounds like the most important thing for him is to go to a place where he will get plenty of carries in a system where he can succeed.

Eric Weddle
We seriously need help at safety. Weddle will replace Wilcox in the starting lineup, unless he steps up and take Church's spot who has been playing worse the last couple of years.

DeMarcus Ware
- The Broncos are likely to cut him, with a salary of 10 million being due. Ware has been playing as well as the best to start his seasons in Denver, but during the season he gets worse because of injuries. He signs a short contract with Dallas to end his career here, and will be involved in a heavy rotation on the D line. We can't really trust Gregory to start yet, so he will get to develop behind Ware.

Johnny Football
I like both RG3 and Johnny, but I will go with Johnny here who I expect to be the cheaper option while he's also 4 years younger.

I know, the FA's are a bit optimistic.. Laughing I think Weddle will be the hardest one to land, and i'm not sure how willing the FO is to go for the top HB but that ofcourse depends on the price

2016 NFL draft
**TRADE**
The Rams, trades up to get whoever of the top two QB's the Browns didn't take. They give us their #15, #45, #76 and their 2nd round pick in 2017.

ROUND 1
LaQuann Treadwell, WR- 6'2 229 lbs
Williams haven' been impressive, and is a FA after this season. With Witten taking a step down as a reciever, adding a WR early would be a good option. Treadwell is not the fastest or tallest guy, but he's still a very good reciever. He's also a really good blocker.

ROUND 2 #36
Hunter Henry, TE- 6'6 255 lbs
Great size and good athlete. Escobar seems to be a bust, and with Witten getting older we shouldn't pass on Henry if he's avaliable here.

ROUND 2 #45
Austin Johnson, DT- 6'4 324 lbs
After having DaQuan Jones as my huge man crush two years ago, I'll go back to mocking a Notre Dame 1-tech for us this year. I liked Jones more, but Johnson has the strength and size so the hope is that he can upgrade Hayden.

ROUND 3

Darian Thompson, S- 6'2 212 lbs
He's got size, and has been able to create INT's over his career. This will mean the end of Jeff Heath in Dallas.

ROUND 4
Harlan Miller, CB- 6'1 180 lbs
Adding some depth at corner

Round 4
Kevin Hogan, QB- 6'4 220 lbs
Adding a QB to give Manziel some competition, and give us some insurance. He's talented, but needs to be consistent.

ROUND 6
Ejiro Ederaine, LB- 6'3 221 lbs
We're the Cowboys. So, we take a LB'er.

ROUND 6
Tra Carson, RB- 6'0 230 lbs
Adding some depth at HB

ROUND 6
Derek Watt, FB- 231 lbs
I really wanted us to get JJ Watt when he entered the draft, so I'll give us a Watt here.

ROUND 6
Luther Maddy, DT- 6'1 293 lbs
Adding some depth behind Crawford

Depth Chart
QB: Tony Romo | Johnny Manziel | Kevin Hogan
RB: Lamar Miller | Darren McFadden | Lance Dunbar | Tre Carson
FB: Derek Watt
WR: Dez Bryant | LaQuann Treadwell | Terrence Williams | Cole Beasley | Lucky Whitehead | Brice Butler
TE: Jason Witten | Hunter Henry | Gavin Escobar
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: La’el Collins
C: Travis Frederick | Mackenzy Burnadeau
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Doug Free | Chaz Smith

LE: Demarcus Lawrence | David Irving
3T: Tyrone Crawford | Luther Maddy
1T: Austin Johnson | Nick Hayden
RE: DeMarcus Ware | Randy Gregory | Ryan Russel
WLB: Sean Lee | Ejiro Ederaine
ILB: Rolando McClain | Andrew Gachkar
SLB: Anthony Hitchens | Damien Wilson
CB: Orlando Scandrick | Morris Claiborne | Byron Jones | Harlan Miller | Terrance Mitchell
FS: Eric Weddle | Darian Thompson
SS: Berry Church | JJ Wilcox
resilient

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the FA. Like the trade, good draft picks, but staying consistent with my philosophy of getting a Franchise QB, this is now the 3rd time someone settled in on Hack. I don't like it. If Hack is potentially a better prospect than the likes of Goff/Lynch/Wentz, then why wouldn't he go higher?

Even if you believed Hack was the better prospect, waiting until the 3rd or 4th rd leaves a lot of time for someone else to grab him. Then what, Rely of Manziel?

I want Goff or Lynch, The QB position is just way too important to get a player with more questions marks.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch Treadwell until at least 6 of the Top prospects on my big board were gone. WR is way down on that need list.

So I am curious if Zeke, or Billings, A'Shawn, etc were already off the board. Ramsey as well may fall that far and I would take him over Treadwell.

Also, I don't know why so many like having Henry in the 2nd.

I loved him at the beginning of the year and still do. But I think we can find very solid value in Higbee and Varnett in the 3rd and or 4th.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Action Jackson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT

Uncle Buck on the sig!

Last edited by Action Jackson on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Action Jackson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: DKDALfan's great Mockdraft Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Major Cap moves
Carr is cut
Tyron Smith restructure his contract
If needed, Crawford's contract is restructured

Free agency

Re-sign
Morris Claiborne
Lance Dunbar
Rolando McClain
David Irving
Nick Hayden
Mackenzy Burnadeau

Lamarr Miller
- With other big names hitting the market, I don't see Miller get huge money with the carries he got in Miami. I expect him to sign a reasonble 3-4 year contract, it sounds like the most important thing for him is to go to a place where he will get plenty of carries in a system where he can succeed.

Eric Weddle
We seriously need help at safety. Weddle will replace Wilcox in the starting lineup, unless he steps up and take Church's spot who has been playing worse the last couple of years.

DeMarcus Ware
- The Broncos are likely to cut him, with a salary of 10 million being due. Ware has been playing as well as the best to start his seasons in Denver, but during the season he gets worse because of injuries. He signs a short contract with Dallas to end his career here, and will be involved in a heavy rotation on the D line. We can't really trust Gregory to start yet, so he will get to develop behind Ware.

Johnny Football
I like both RG3 and Johnny, but I will go with Johnny here who I expect to be the cheaper option while he's also 4 years younger.

I know, the FA's are a bit optimistic.. Laughing I think Weddle will be the hardest one to land, and i'm not sure how willing the FO is to go for the top HB but that ofcourse depends on the price

2016 NFL draft
**TRADE**
The Rams, trades up to get whoever of the top two QB's the Browns didn't take. They give us their #15, #45, #76 and their 2nd round pick in 2017.

ROUND 1
LaQuann Treadwell, WR- 6'2 229 lbs
Williams haven' been impressive, and is a FA after this season. With Witten taking a step down as a reciever, adding a WR early would be a good option. Treadwell is not the fastest or tallest guy, but he's still a very good reciever. He's also a really good blocker.

ROUND 2 #36
Hunter Henry, TE- 6'6 255 lbs
Great size and good athlete. Escobar seems to be a bust, and with Witten getting older we shouldn't pass on Henry if he's avaliable here.

ROUND 2 #45
Austin Johnson, DT- 6'4 324 lbs
After having DaQuan Jones as my huge man crush two years ago, I'll go back to mocking a Notre Dame 1-tech for us this year. I liked Jones more, but Johnson has the strength and size so the hope is that he can upgrade Hayden.

ROUND 3

Darian Thompson, S- 6'2 212 lbs
He's got size, and has been able to create INT's over his career. This will mean the end of Jeff Heath in Dallas.

ROUND 4
Harlan Miller, CB- 6'1 180 lbs
Adding some depth at corner

Round 4
Kevin Hogan, QB- 6'4 220 lbs
Adding a QB to give Manziel some competition, and give us some insurance. He's talented, but needs to be consistent.

ROUND 6
Ejiro Ederaine, LB- 6'3 221 lbs
We're the Cowboys. So, we take a LB'er.

ROUND 6
Tra Carson, RB- 6'0 230 lbs
Adding some depth at HB

ROUND 6
Derek Watt, FB- 231 lbs
I really wanted us to get JJ Watt when he entered the draft, so I'll give us a Watt here.

ROUND 6
Luther Maddy, DT- 6'1 293 lbs
Adding some depth behind Crawford

Depth Chart
QB: Tony Romo | Johnny Manziel | Kevin Hogan
RB: Lamar Miller | Darren McFadden | Lance Dunbar | Tre Carson
FB: Derek Watt
WR: Dez Bryant | LaQuann Treadwell | Terrence Williams | Cole Beasley | Lucky Whitehead | Brice Butler
TE: Jason Witten | Hunter Henry | Gavin Escobar
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: La’el Collins
C: Travis Frederick | Mackenzy Burnadeau
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Doug Free | Chaz Smith

LE: Demarcus Lawrence | David Irving
3T: Tyrone Crawford | Luther Maddy
1T: Austin Johnson | Nick Hayden
RE: DeMarcus Ware | Randy Gregory | Ryan Russel
WLB: Sean Lee | Ejiro Ederaine
ILB: Rolando McClain | Andrew Gachkar
SLB: Anthony Hitchens | Damien Wilson
CB: Orlando Scandrick | Morris Claiborne | Byron Jones | Harlan Miller | Terrance Mitchell
FS: Eric Weddle | Darian Thompson
SS: Berry Church | JJ Wilcox

If the question is how would I feel about what you listed as our off season I'd consider it a complete disaster. I'd take Weeden back over Johnny. Drafting a TE in the 2nd round you've got to be kidding me? Weddle is the kind of free agent that has got us in trouble before. Signing a 30 year old guy to big money never a good idea imo. Re-sign our guys. Sign D.Murray or a CB then draft lights out no TE AND NO JOHNNY

Uncle Buck on the sig!
DaBoys

Location: Hop on the bus, Gus. You don't need to discuss much.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we drop down to 15 Treadwell is a great pick. Overall I like the offseason. Love bringing Ware back. I like Weddle as long as he comes cheap. I like the Austin Johnson and Hunter Henry picks.

RKG starting to look more like DMF. Rolando. RG. DLaw. Hardy. Randle. C-Mike.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DK, I like pretty much every draft pick. I like the free agency, except for Manziel. Good job.

Cowboys Forum Ring of Honor Class of 2013
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
I wouldn't touch Treadwell until at least 6 of the Top prospects on my big board were gone. WR is way down on that need list.

So I am curious if Zeke, or Billings, A'Shawn, etc were already off the board. Ramsey as well may fall that far and I would take him over Treadwell.

I loved him at the beginning of the year and still do. But I think we can find very solid value in Higbee and Varnett in the 3rd and or 4th.

I'm not as much a fan of Robinson and Ramsey as you are, so would rather have Treadwell since I consider WR a bigger need with the FA's in this mock then you do. I wouldn't take Zeke if we signed Miller, but if we had signed any other HB I would love to have him even though I don't like him as much as most guys around here. I expect Billings to be gone at that point, if else I would likely have gone with him.

I get your point about Henry, but I feel like if he's there in the high second and there's no surprise drop then I'd go for him since I don't expect Witten to have more then two seasons left and you never know how the next couple of rounds shake out.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: DKDALfan's great Mockdraft Reply with quote

Action Jackson wrote:

If the question is how would I feel about what you listed as our off season I'd consider it a complete disaster. I'd take Weeden back over Johnny. Drafting a TE in the 2nd round you've got to be kidding me? Weddle is the kind of free agent that has got us in trouble before. Signing a 30 year old guy to big money never a good idea imo. Re-sign our guys. Sign D.Murray or a CB then draft lights out no TE AND NO JOHNNY

How many years do you think Witten has left in him? My guess is two, three years at most. Nothing wrong with taking care of a need before it's actually there. I don't see enough progression from Escobar to consider him a future starter. Remember, Escobar is also a FA after next season.

I can see your point about Weddle, but his contract is not going to be on the same level as what he got the last time.

DeMarco Murray? Unless i've missed something, his salary is fully guranteed in 2016 so don't see them releasing him with a new coach and all. I like letting the young guys fight for the spot on the other side of Scandrick, instead of going for the best FA corner again. Money better spent at safety IMO, since it seems to be harder to get a good safety than a corner.

- Thank for the feedback guys!
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ND ROUND TIGHT END!!!!!!!

RABBLE!!!!!
DaBoys

Location: Hop on the bus, Gus. You don't need to discuss much.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Henry, but we should give Escobar a real shot before moving on. MartyB, and Anthony Fasano went on to have solid careers after leaving Wittens shadow. Escobar, while behind Witten, has put better numbers than both of them. Odds are he could be pretty good as a starter. Witten NEVER comes off the field, so why are we expecting 800yds and 10TDs from Escobar?

RKG starting to look more like DMF. Rolando. RG. DLaw. Hardy. Randle. C-Mike.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:

I'm not as much a fan of Robinson and Ramsey as you are, so would rather have Treadwell since I consider WR a bigger need with the FA's in this mock then you do. I wouldn't take Zeke if we signed Miller, but if we had signed any other HB I would love to have him even though I don't like him as much as most guys around here. I expect Billings to be gone at that point, if else I would likely have gone with him.

I get your point about Henry, but I feel like if he's there in the high second and there's no surprise drop then I'd go for him since I don't expect Witten to have more then two seasons left and you never know how the next couple of rounds shake out.

I am probably the biggest Ramsey critic on this forum. Ask anyone. Robinson though, he is a better value then the poor man's Dez Bryant.

WR is also not a position of immediate need. With Romo and a strong running game, it is actually not a liability and can be an area of strength.

Besides if we're wanting this guy to become the next big threat we have, why bother? Save the pick and go after Jeffery in FA if he's available since he is much more of a sure thing. It's also possible we may have a shot at Gordon, Jones, and Benjamin. Plus guys like Doctson, Coleman, Boyd, and such may be picked up in the 2nd even possible 3rd. And there are some late round guys like Wilson, Lee and such that can be developed.

Point is, he is just not that great of a value. If he was a sure deep threat like a Beckham, Wright, or a Julio Jones. Then I would be on board. But he is not what we "need" right now, nor is he good enough to pass up on other needs we can address.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I like Henry, but we should give Escobar a real shot before moving on. MartyB, and Anthony Fasano went on to have solid careers after leaving Wittens shadow. Escobar, while behind Witten, has put better numbers than both of them. Odds are he could be pretty good as a starter. Witten NEVER comes off the field, so why are we expecting 800yds and 10TDs from Escobar?

Bennett's first 3 seasons in Dallas:
20 catches, 283 yds, 4 TD's
15 catches, 159 yds, 0 TD's
33 catches, 260 yds, 0 TD's

Fasano's two seasons in Dallas:
14 catches, 126 yds, 0 TD's
14 catches, 143 yds, 1 TD's

Escobar's seasons in Dallas:
9 catches, 134 yds, 2 TD's
9 catches, 105 yds, 4 TD's
8 catches, 64 yds, 1 TD's

So no, Escobar haven't really put up better numbers. More TD's yes, but fewer catches and yards. Also I wouldn't consider Fasano an argument for why we should pass on a TE, I'd hope for a better starter post Witten then what Fasano has been. It's also worth to mention that Escobar's contract is up after this season.

-I can understand the argument that it's hard to evaluate him with Witten being out there all the time I just feel like we should be carefull about being too comfortable about the TE position, especially considering how much they've been talking about wanting to run more two TE sets. I feel like if they felt Escobar is any good, they would've found more ways to get him on the field and get him the ball.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:

I am probably the biggest Ramsey critic on this forum. Ask anyone. Robinson though, he is a better value then the poor man's Dez Bryant.

WR is also not a position of immediate need. With Romo and a strong running game, it is actually not a liability and can be an area of strength.

Besides if we're wanting this guy to become the next big threat we have, why bother? Save the pick and go after Jeffery in FA if he's available since he is much more of a sure thing. It's also possible we may have a shot at Gordon, Jones, and Benjamin. Plus guys like Doctson, Coleman, Boyd, and such may be picked up in the 2nd even possible 3rd. And there are some late round guys like Wilson, Lee and such that can be developed.

Point is, he is just not that great of a value. If he was a sure deep threat like a Beckham, Wright, or a Julio Jones. Then I would be on board. But he is not what we "need" right now, nor is he good enough to pass up on other needs we can address.

I'd cry my eyes out of joy if we got Jeffry or Benjamin in FA, but doubt their teams would let them go and would likely be too expensive anyway with us already having paid big for Dez. Their could be some cheaper options that could be interesting, no doubt. But this pretty much comes down to that I like Treadwell better then Robinson, you don't. And hey, I could easily change my mind before the draft but right now I just don't see the top 10 pick in Robinson that a lot of people do. I'd have prefered a deep threat, but those guys with 1st round talent just isn't here in this draft and I feel like Treadwell is likely to be the highest player on my board at #15 compared to need (or maybe one of the LB's).

I think you underevalue the need for a WR, remember Williams is a soon to be FA. If he post good numbers with Romo at QB, he could end up demanding more then he's worth (which is not much IMO). Also the need for another WR was really clear with how the guys played when Dez was out with a injury..
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Bennett's first 3 seasons in Dallas:
20 catches, 283 yds, 4 TD's
15 catches, 159 yds, 0 TD's
33 catches, 260 yds, 0 TD's

Fasano's two seasons in Dallas:
14 catches, 126 yds, 0 TD's
14 catches, 143 yds, 1 TD's

Escobar's seasons in Dallas:
9 catches, 134 yds, 2 TD's
9 catches, 105 yds, 4 TD's
8 catches, 64 yds, 1 TD's

So no, Escobar haven't really put up better numbers. More TD's yes, but fewer catches and yards. Also I wouldn't consider Fasano an argument for why we should pass on a TE, I'd hope for a better starter post Witten then what Fasano has been. It's also worth to mention that Escobar's contract is up after this season.

-I can understand the argument that it's hard to evaluate him with Witten being out there all the time I just feel like we should be carefull about being too comfortable about the TE position, especially considering how much they've been talking about wanting to run more two TE sets. I feel like if they felt Escobar is any good, they would've found more ways to get him on the field and get him the ball.

Didn't Escobust blow out his achilles?

Thanks to Uncle Buck on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: