Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Homework Thread #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak, MS in Economics from Arizona State University
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have some experience with some Java programming?

I'm terrible and could use a little push.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
mistakebytehlak, MS in Economics from Arizona State University

Do my econ for me! I hate it

PSN: ShiiNyIV
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone give me some opinion on this..

should we be worried about the interest rate and why/why not?

it's for a 4 min speech. it's not even graded, we're just working on preparing a project for the chicago fed and we're practicing. i'd just like some people's inputs who might know a little more than me. i have pretty good info, but wouldn't mind a little more input.

El Ramster on the amazing work
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm just starting business calculus and I'm having trouble on one random homework problem. I understand and have worked out every other one but I'm stuck on this one. Keep in mind this is on mymathlab so the numbers change every time I retry it, but I'm having trouble even getting close to the right answer.

It will say something like this:

"Find all values of x where the tangent line is horizontal."

f(x)= x^3-3x^2-8x+7

I have to find the derivative first, which in this case is 3x^2-6x-8

Then I have to set that equal to 0. 3x^2-6x-8=0.

This is where I'm now stuck. It says to use the quadratic formula, but every time I do it gives me a decimal with a ton of numbers and it won't take it because it wants the exact number. Is there an easier way of doing this?

This is probably super easy for most of yall but stay with me here I'm just getting started. Very Happy

green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:

it's for a 4 min speech. it's not even graded, we're just working on preparing a project for the chicago fed and we're practicing. i'd just like some people's inputs who might know a little more than me. i have pretty good info, but wouldn't mind a little more input.

There is no right or wrong answer in this case, there are both positives and negatives to most interest rates unless we are talking insanely high.

What is the interest rate about now?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A higher interest rate usually encourages more saving a less spending, but this runs the risk of slowing the economy down if people are not spending enough. A lower interest rate generally encourages more spending an less saving. This can situmlate a stagnating or recessing economy, but also take away a lot of the barriers to accumulating debt. Lower interest rates can also stiumlate a housing boom.

You can go deeper into the effects of each on the exchange rate, and the international effects of that on imports and exports.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

There is no right or wrong answer in this case, there are both positives and negatives to most interest rates unless we are talking insanely high.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A higher interest rate usually encourages more saving a less spending, but this runs the risk of slowing the economy down if people are not spending enough. A lower interest rate generally encourages more spending an less saving. This can situmlate a stagnating or recessing economy, but also take away a lot of the barriers to accumulating debt. Lower interest rates can also stiumlate a housing boom.

You can go deeper into the effects of each on the exchange rate, and the international effects of that on imports and exports.

yea i wrote a good speech on it and all of that

now i'm dropping the class so i'm done with these debates because im sick of arguing macro policy

feelsgoodman.jpg

thanks for the response though, k

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
khodder wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

now i'm dropping the class so i'm done with these debates because im sick of arguing macro policy

feelsgoodman.jpg

Macro Policy is basically the root of any political debate on economics. I loved econnomics in HS, but the further you go the more calculus based it becomes. I am sure MBTL could vouch for that.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
khodder wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

feelsgoodman.jpg

Macro Policy is basically the root of any political debate on economics. I loved econnomics in HS, but the further you go the more calculus based it becomes. I am sure MBTL could vouch for that.

i'm an econ major, senior actually, and i don't mind the math side, but i definitely prefer micro so much more. macro is a lot more opinion based and just like such a mess and so much to keep track of it gets hard to keep up.

this is just like a debate class about it and i'm sick of it, especially since i don't need it to graduate.

BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
So I'm just starting business calculus and I'm having trouble on one random homework problem. I understand and have worked out every other one but I'm stuck on this one. Keep in mind this is on mymathlab so the numbers change every time I retry it, but I'm having trouble even getting close to the right answer.

It will say something like this:

"Find all values of x where the tangent line is horizontal."

f(x)= x^3-3x^2-8x+7

I have to find the derivative first, which in this case is 3x^2-6x-8

Then I have to set that equal to 0. 3x^2-6x-8=0.

This is where I'm now stuck. It says to use the quadratic formula, but every time I do it gives me a decimal with a ton of numbers and it won't take it because it wants the exact number. Is there an easier way of doing this?

This is probably super easy for most of yall but stay with me here I'm just getting started. Very Happy

If it wants exact answers, can you put in sq roots into you answer?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This chart is the numbers based on the responses women gave to a survey asking them about how "Sweet and Nice" they were, or how "Modest" they were, etc.

How do I read these numbers?
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Econ 1 Question:

How can we reduce traffic congestion with no deadweight loss?

I admit, I'm stumped with this.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:

This chart is the numbers based on the responses women gave to a survey asking them about how "Sweet and Nice" they were, or how "Modest" they were, etc.

Do the numbers 1-9 represent that there were only nine women surveyed?
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
Econ 1 Question:

How can we reduce traffic congestion with no deadweight loss?

I admit, I'm stumped with this.

Piguvian Tax on gas.
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:

Do the numbers 1-9 represent that there were only nine women surveyed?

No, there was +60 surveys. :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 27 of 31

Jump to: