Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Mock Draft-Sign Up/Rules (Dates added-2/13)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: FF Mock Draft-Sign Up/Rules (Dates added-2/13) Reply with quote

Alright, guys, here's the moment you've all been waiting for.

How it works

This mock will be run differently than other GM mocks you have seen. It will not be first come first serve, nor will it leave anyone out. There are multiple jobs for everybody in this mock. That is the key to this mock.

Also, any thread about this mock, from now on-should start off with the title FFMD. Do not start other threads about this for now. If you are a writer, you may start them later.

Timeline

Deadline to sign up- Wednesday night, February 15th, at midnight. From then onwards, members can still join, however, they can only become scouts, unless the staff which they would like to join has another remaining position.

GM/Staffs/Writers announcement- Thursday, February 16th. Be sure to check here then. Then, the staffs and GMs work out the position amongst themselves, with the mods intervening where needed.

Pre-Draft Period begins- As soon as a team's staff positions are official, they can start the pre-draft period. Staffs work out draft boards, schemes, etc. however they would like, and teams begin to trade players and picks. It also is time for research.

Draft- March 1. The draft starts and staffs start building their teams respective futures.

Recap- Staffs, writers, and other posters review the mock draft, sharing their opinions.

The jobs:

-General Manager- Will make all of the final decisions, and is in control of everything, ranging from trades to picks, but he should not let the power go to his head. The HC, and the rest of the staff should be greatly infulencing every decision he makes.

-Head Coach- Has a key part in all of the decisions, but his focus is mainly on the team itself, rather than looking up players or searching for trade options.

-Assistant GM- Very close to the GM, but his job mostly involves looking for trade options around the league. When he hears another team's player/pick is on the block, he tries to get a feel for different deals they can make for that player/pick and sends that info to the team. Trade offers should be directed towards him, and he shares them with the team. He is not the onyl one who can talk or negotiate trades, but trades should be sent through him, and he should be very involved in the trade situation.

-Offensive Coordinator- Helps decide needs and works with the offensive scout to look for help on offense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

-Offensive scout- Is responsible for helping out with info on all offensive players- college and pro. Works with the offensive coordinator to work out good offensive picks.

-Defensive Coordinator-Helps decide needs and works with the defensive scout to look for help on offense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

-Defensive scout- Is responsible for helping out with info on all defensive players- college and pro. Works with the defensive coordinator to work out good defensive picks.

Scout- Their jobs are focused on the draft. They should help out with all decisions however, and are not just limited to helping out with the draft. They have no specific job, but they offer their opinions and advice on all matters. There may be multiple scouts on one staff.

Those jobs said, that doesn't mean that if you are DC, that this is your only job. You can still help out with offensive players, and trades. You can give advice to your fellow staff. You are still a part of everything else-you just need to focus on your job most of all.The key is to work as a team. There will be other jobs as well-these are just examples.
Teamwork and communication is key, and they shouldn't have 5 guys talking trade for the same player/pick. That doesn't mean that a defensive coordinator or scout can't help out with trades-they can talk hypotheticals with other teams, BUT, when someone on a staff is already pursuing a specific player/pick, then that's enough.

-Writer-Their job is to write articles about the draft itself. This is NOT team specific. You write about picks, trades, and rumors for all teams. You will analyze and even predict if you'd like. More details will be given out later.

How positions are given out

I, along with some helpers to be named later, will work out all of the GMs and each teams staff members. There is no set date for this as of yet, and DO NOT ask when it will be announced. When it is, you will know.

Afterwards, the remaining members of each respective staff will work out who gets what remaining position. Who will be HC, who will be assistant GM, etc. If there is an issue among a staff (they cannot decide who deserves each position, someone is upset with his position, etc.), then I will step in and decide for that staff.

Pre-Draft

After the staffs are settled, there will be a small period set for pre-draft trade talk among the teams, along with discussions among the staff.

This break gives the staffs time to do the following and more:

-Set a draft board if they choose to.

-Decide whether or not they want to trade a certain pick or player and if they do, place that pick/player on the block.

-Decide on drafting schemes- BPA, need, etc.

-Talk trades with other teams.

And more.

Draft

The details are not completely set- how many rounds, how much time in between picks, etc. They will be set later. I'll keep you posted.

Council

They will be two councils- A Trade Veto council, and a moderator council.

Trade Veto Council- Job is to veto ridiculous trades. Will consist of 3-5 people to be announced later.

Moderator Council- Job is to help me to take care of all of the dramas that may (but hopefully will not) happen. When there is trouble within a staff, arguments, etc. They will also help me out if they are rules that need changing, rules that need to be added, etc. They will be announced later.

In the end, the goal is to have fun, but to make sure that this keeps everyone on the board involved and keep this realistic.

How To Sign Up

It's relatively simple. Post a reply. Then:

First, for organizational purposes, post your FF screen name.

Then, under that, post the three teams that you'd be most interested in being a GM for.

Finally, you hen post whether or not you'd be interested in writing about the mock and becoming a Writer.

Example of Sign Up reply

Screen Name (JCool333)

1)Top Team Choice (Dolphins)
2)2nd Team Choice (Jets)
3)3rd Team Choice (Patriots)

Interested in writing.

Finally, to do this, you must understand that not everyone will get the job they'd like. Or with the team they'd like. You will have some job, but maybe not your favorite one. If you don't think you are OK with that, then DO NOT sign up. If there is a problem like that, where someone complains about their position or team to no end, then he may be kicked out of the mock. Do not let this happen.

This will be a lot of fun guys.

NOTE: This thread is not for questions about the rules. PM me any questions. Do not post questions here.

Last edited by JCool333 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:36 pm; edited 14 times in total
TheDynasty004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDynasty004

1) Carolina Panthers- Why else, favorite team!
2) Jacksonville Jaguars- 2nd favorite team, and I know them well. Basically the Panthers Wink
3) New England Patriots- Grew up around the area and know them fairly well, but I'm not sure about my total knowledge.

I am not interested in being a writer.

I think this is where we sign up...Question

Please let Carolina draft Reggie Nelson.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen Name (scar988)

1)Top Team Choice (Falcons) - favorite team so I know their needs.
2)2nd Team Choice (Panthers) - rival team so I see almost as much of them.
3)3rd Team Choice (Saints) - rival team but when they moved to SA for the year I didn't get to see them as much.

notnterested in writing.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux

Last edited by scar988 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDynasty004 wrote:
TheDynasty004

1) Carolina Panthers- Why else, favorite team!
2) Jacksonville Jaguars- 2nd favorite team, and I know them well. Basically the Panthers Wink
3) New England Patriots- Grew up around the area and know them fairly well, but I'm not sure about my total knowledge.

For everyone to know-he signed up exactly as one should.
Maverick41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys#1
1- Dallas Cowboys- I feel I know this team better than most anyone on FF
2- Kansas City Chiefs- Same thing here. I know them better than anyone
3- Indianapolis Colts- I took an interest in these guys after all the uproar of how great they were. I know this team pretty good
I am interested in writing (If no other jobs are available)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620
Cardiac Cats

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardiac Cats

1. Carolina Panthers- My very, very favorite team.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars- Second favorite team.
3. Washington Redskins- Ahh. No explanation.

I don't really want to be a writer.
JuggaLotus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuggaLotus

1- Seahawks- I know this team inside and out.

2-Cowboys- My knowledge is limited here.

3-Vikings- My knowledge is limited here.

Red Bryant-9 tack, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 2 FR, 3 qb Hits

Last edited by JuggaLotus on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ

1) Cincinnati Bengals- my favorite team
2) Indianapolis Colts- dunno why
3) Seattle Seahawks- dunno why again

I am not interested in being a writer

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp

1) Baltimore Ravens :-: They're my favorite team! Ozzie Newsome = God.
2) Chicago Bears :-: Favorite NFC team.
3) Kansas City Chiefs :-: Not sure why.

I am interested in writing, though only if the GM position is filled.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen Name: AntonioGates

Chargers: Favorite team, live in SD, big fan, etc.
Lions: Favorite Madden team (haha I know), reminds me of good ole times with 1-15 Chargers.
Browns: Good young 3-4 teams with lots of talent on both sides of ball. Know their roster pretty well.

I am interested in being a writer.
senasational

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senasational

1) Minnesota Vikings: favorite team
2) Oakland Raiders: 2nd favorite team
3) Miami Dolphins: Home team

I don't mind writing.
tdub

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDub

Minnesota Vikings: i bleed purple, please dont make me have to cheat haha

Green Bay Packers: My dad is a pack fan so i know more about them then any other team EXCEPT the vikes

Bears: division rival

I'd be ok being a writer in addition to somethin above

Last edited by tdub on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
FearTheJulius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FearTheJulius

1. Panthers - Favorite team, most knowledgeable about them.
2. Jaguars - 2nd favorite team, followed them for a while.
3. Titans - 3rd favorite team, followed them for a long time.

I am not interested in writing.

6-7, 283, 332 Tackles, 70.5 Sacks, 5 INTs, 35 PDs, 26 FFs, 8 Blocked FGs, 2 TDs, FearTheJulius
AFD1717

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFD1717

Team 1. Houston Texans - Houston born and raised. Season ticket holder since season 1.

Team 2. Dallas Cowboys - I became a Cowboys fan when the Oilers left

Team 3. Atlanta Falcons - Kind of a stretch but I could do it.

I'm not interested in writing. I'd rather be on the Texans staff than GM for some other team, but I'll do whatever.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson

1. New England Patriots- I frequently post in the forum, go to tons of the game and am a humongous fan.

2. Chicago Bears- My 2nd favorite team, know quite a bit about them, saw lots of games on DirecTV over the years.

3. Atlanta Falcons- Love Mike Vick, my favorite team to play with on Madden, know their strategy and stuff.

I AM Interested in Writing! Also, I'd take any job except for Assistant GM, because I hate making trades. I'd also be willing to be an insider reporter and publish rumors and stuff like that.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.

Last edited by rabbisson on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: