Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Boston Celtics Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOVA333

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
When Jason Collins gets back to back starts for Boston,either they make a major move (if even possible) or it's time to mail in the season. What does that say about how much faith the Celtics have in their top 2 picks (Sullinger and Melo)

As I wrote in another thread, when KG sits the Celtics have the WORST defense in the NBA.

This kid's now on board. Small, but the timing of those blocks is unbelievable:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXShZ4fqqUQ

Not sure if a trade is realistic at this point. Courtney Lee has really torpedoed his value since he got here, and he was the only non-core player who other teams would actually want.

I think you trade anybody to get Demarcus Cousins outside of Rondo. C's need young talent. Doc Rivers can handle him being a bone head.

I was have this conversation today with a friend. I honestly think Cousins can calm down in Boston. With KG, PP, JET, Doc, and Ainge.
Cousins value has to be on the low side now. Picks, Lee, Sullinger? I rather exclude Sullinger.

Dude c'mon... Laughing lee and picks???

A man can dream.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
When Jason Collins gets back to back starts for Boston,either they make a major move (if even possible) or it's time to mail in the season. What does that say about how much faith the Celtics have in their top 2 picks (Sullinger and Melo)

As I wrote in another thread, when KG sits the Celtics have the WORST defense in the NBA.

Not sure if a trade is realistic at this point. Courtney Lee has really torpedoed his value since he got here, and he was the only non-core player who other teams would actually want.

I think you trade anybody to get Demarcus Cousins outside of Rondo. C's need young talent. Doc Rivers can handle him being a bone head.

I was have this conversation today with a friend. I honestly think Cousins can calm down in Boston. With KG, PP, JET, Doc, and Ainge.
Cousins value has to be on the low side now. Picks, Lee, Sullinger? I rather exclude Sullinger.

A man can dream.

I havent seen many C's games but I don't really think of Sully being very valuable anyways Laughing
playa-hater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically speaking, Boston will have to give up something pretty good. Cousin may be a problem, but the Kings aren't just going to give him away.

The Kings could use a SF, so maybe Green + Sulinger or Melo. Or Bradley (after he plays and re-proves himself) + Sullinger/Melo and a 1st rd pick.

Cousins would easily be worth it because KG (the truely most under-rated Superstar in BB) would motivate him to reach his potential.

If Green was involved, The Celtics could upgrade Joseph's playing time.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

A man can dream.

I got this Nigerian prince that can need some help

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

HOVA333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

A man can dream.

I got this Nigerian prince that can need some help

Sure how about he transfers me one million dollars if I can just give him $500 right now?

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
playa-hater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAb Melo gets an.unbelievable 14 blocks in last game, in the mean time the Celtics have career scrub J Collins starting. They signed.some...unknown 6'9.player who can't be a center. Then add to that a 6'7 Pf (bass) and a rookie 6'8 pf who can't even.get his.shots off inside 10 ft.

I don't care how "not ready" they say Melo.is. Melo has more defense than all these other players put together.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varnado is the NCAA leader for blocks, you know. Jason Collins has been fine, too. Being patient with Melo is the right thing to do. He's playing the whole game down there. Playing 10-15 mins isn't going to help him.

ELRammy
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Troy_Brown

What's up man.. All that smack you were talking earlier..

I'm just gonna have to serve you a nice piece of humble pie.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About what? Paul Pierce is better than Granger and Granger isn't the Pacers best player. The Celtics starting slow (like last year) is irrelevant to the Pacers being a mediocre team after a strong season last year.

ELRammy
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
About what? Paul Pierce is better than Granger and Granger isn't the Pacers best player. The Celtics starting slow (like last year) is irrelevant to the Pacers being a mediocre team after a strong season last year.

were better than you without our best player Laughing Laughing Laughing

Take it in Succccckkkka.. And we'll finish better than you again.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
playa-hater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Varnado is the NCAA leader for blocks, you know. Jason Collins has been fine, too. Being patient with Melo is the right thing to do. He's playing the whole game down there. Playing 10-15 mins isn't going to help him.

Jason.Collins.playing fine? Strongly disagree with that comment. As for Melo, not sure how playing 10-15 minutes would't help him. Especially when one.considers that he would be receiving much needed help from being KG's understudy.

I would also.conclude that with the Celtics extremely thin at center, Melo might actually be able to play closer to 20+ minutes.

At the very least, short term.and long term Melo is a far better option than JC.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Vanardo should be a really solid signing for you guys. He was having a really good year in the D-League averaging 14 points, 9 rebounds, and 4.5 blocks a game in 30 minutes a night. He's not ever going to be much more than a rotational player but he's a solid defensive big off the bench.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Jarvis Vanardo should be a really solid signing for you guys. He was having a really good year in the D-League averaging 14 points, 9 rebounds, and 4.5 blocks a game in 30 minutes a night. He's not ever going to be much more than a rotational player but he's a solid defensive big off the bench.

He is who I wanted the Celtics to draft that year. I think he could have a similar Stiemsma impact on the Celtics. That might be wishful thinking, though. We'll see.

But as far as Jason Collins go, his rotations have been fine and he's given us more size. He's a very poor man's version of what Fab Melo should be for us but at the moment, Melo just needs to play. The guy hasn't even been playing basketball that long, he needs to continue getting a better feel for the game. I think the Celtics are making the right decision with him.

ELRammy
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out the Celtics would e very interested in dealing for Cousins. Not a big surprise but fortunately, we don't have anything to trade. I'dlose all respect for Ainge if he traded Pierce or KG, and I have no idea why Sacramento would want them. Dealing Rondo for Cousins makes no sense, either.

ELRammy
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Turns out the Celtics would e very interested in dealing for Cousins. Not a big surprise but fortunately, we don't have anything to trade. I'dlose all respect for Ainge if he traded Pierce or KG, and I have no idea why Sacramento would want them. Dealing Rondo for Cousins makes no sense, either.

Bradley as the centerpiece? The Kings seem keen on unloading Cousins, and stranger things have happened.

I mean, if Kwame Brown can fetch Pau Gasol...

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 45 of 62

Jump to: