Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Boston Celtics Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seminoles1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
but man i am surprised that Perkins has been pretty good so far since he has been back from his knee surgery
That really is to me as well. Usually see a player take longer to make an impact after a knee injury like that. Though it wasn't like he relied on quickness or athleticism beforehand.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
but man i am surprised that Perkins has been pretty good so far since he has been back from his knee surgery
That really is to me as well. Usually see a player take longer to make an impact after a knee injury like that. Though it wasn't like he relied on quickness or athleticism beforehand.

yeah i thought they would ease him back in but he is avg 32mins in his 5 games back...its prolly becuase they dont have the luxury of doing that with all the injuries

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
yeah i thought they would ease him back in but he is avg 32mins in his 5 games back...its prolly becuase they dont have the luxury of doing that with all the injuries
Indeed. I'm sure the plan was to ease him back, but with the injuries to Shaq, Jermaine and Erden, they didn't really have a choice. They'll ease back on his minutes once those guys return.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think he's been better than he was last year. He's still got butter fingers but I dunno. Ray had said he had never seen someone rehabbing so much and so hard and fortunately for Celtics fans, the work he put in is really paying off.

ELRammy
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we may get Semih and West back tomorrow, which would be big. Semih's mom is sick, though, and he spent the week in Turkey Sad

ELRammy
Dus10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Celtics have three roster spots open now. I was listening to ESPN Radio tonight and they were discussing some of the possibilities (after buy outs and whatnot) to fill out the roster and I gotta say; the idea of signing Baron Davis, Leon Powe, and Troy Murphy interests me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
So the Celtics have three roster spots open now. I was listening to ESPN Radio tonight and they were discussing some of the possibilities (after buy outs and whatnot) to fill out the roster and I gotta say; the idea of signing Baron Davis, Leon Powe, and Troy Murphy interests me.

You heard the Cavs are going to buy out Baron Davis?

ELRammy
Dus10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Dus10 wrote:

yessir

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Dus10 wrote:

yessir

Where?

I haven't heard this.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Dus10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Dus10 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Dus10 wrote:

yessir

Where?

I haven't heard this.

I was listening to ESPN Radio at approx. 10pm EST. Some insider called in to talk the trade deadline. They talked about the trade. The roster spots open. The fact that they were playing the Nuggets short handed who had just played short handed the other night. Then they talked about potential players that could be bought out and they mentioned Baron Davis.

I remember thinking it was odd because although I'm not intimately familiar with Davis' contract I thought it had a couple years on it.

Then I got to the library.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my buddy is a big Cavs guy and he's been talking about how excited Byron Scott is to have Baron. That'd be a surprise. But I'd be surprised at this point if Leon Powe isn't a Celtic. I keep hearing how Murphy is leaning towards the Celtics, too. I wouldn't mind giving this Chris Johnson fella a harder look. For a guy who was just signed today, he looked to fit in well, even if he was wearing Semih's jersey Sad

ELRammy
BP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm going to start tuning back into Celtics games since I haven't seen what the new guys can do yet. I was holding off my interest in watching until later in the season and definitely during the playoffs when the C's would be charging towards another NBA Finals appearance IMO. Now, with Jeff Green, Delonte back, and no more depth with Perk or semih erden and nate, I'm suddenly interested again. I want to see Celtics games NOW. Have the new guys made their playing debut yet? I know Delone returned and put up some good numbers. That's great to have, Delonte and Rondo together again, at this stage in their careers especially.

Thoughts on Harangody and how he'll progress throughout his career? What can I know about the guy with the weird Russian-looking name aside from having a weird Russian-looking name?

==
Line up:
PG: Rondo//Delonte West
SG: Allen//Von Waffer//Avery Bradley
C: Shaq//Jermaine O'Neal//Rook & Russian guy
PF: Garnett//Glen Davis
SF: Pierce//Jeff Green

It's championship caliber with the way Waffer and Delonte (when in) have stepped up this season, we just need both O'Neal's to get and stay healthy for the playoffs along with the rest of our starters (but I'm not worried about those guys, they've been through this for four seasons consecutively now). Jeff Green could be a huge addition too with Marquise down and out for the year with his injury. I'm really excited about the possibilities with Green.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my teachers went to college with Delonte West and had a poetry class with him. He was telling me some funny stuff, apparently Delonte liked writing poetry about when he gets mad. Laughing

I'm sure he wrote some beautiful poems.
amarq

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
One of my teachers went to college with Delonte West and had a poetry class with him. He was telling me some funny stuff, apparently Delonte liked writing poetry about when he gets mad. Laughing

I'm sure he wrote some beautiful poems.

Ah...he must have used his poetry to pick up Gloria. It all makes sense now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1319437&srvc=sports&position=recent

"Ainge reported that Jermaine ONeal is getting closer to a return from left knee surgery.

Hes feeling better and hes more optimistic than hes been all year, Ainge said. I just saw him working out and shooting jump shots. He looked good."

That's good news.

Also, that Perk episode of the Association is going to be so sad.

ELRammy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 3 of 62

Jump to: