You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahman Green

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Ahman Green Reply with quote

Kiwi and I are doing a mock, and this point came up and I feel needs to be addressed. The question was asked since we are resigning Ahman Green, between him and Gado, aren't we fine at RB? I wouldn't be so sure.

My dad is a chiropractor, specializing in personal injury for the past 25 years. He also has quite a bit of experience with sports injuries. Because of his advanced anatomy background and having been in practice for so long he is VERY good at predicting the severity of athlete's injuries. I have never heard him be wrong, at least with professional athletes that I know of (obviously I'm not in there with him and the patient).

Dad says that Green's inury is very severe. Predicts he won't make it through the midway point of the season. My brother who is in chiropractic school says Green will be lucky to make it through the PRe-Season.

Now I have no doubt that Green will out perform Davenport and just about anyone else for that third RB spot, but if a Doctor is able to predict this so surely without having examined the patient, one has to think the medical staff is giving TT a similar prognosis. That is why I think we will go RB on Day 1.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
msmre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahman Green Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
Kiwi and I are doing a mock, and this point came up and I feel needs to be addressed. The question was asked since we are resigning Ahman Green, between him and Gado, aren't we fine at RB? I wouldn't be so sure.

My dad is a chiropractor, specializing in personal injury for the past 25 years. He also has quite a bit of experience with sports injuries. Because of his advanced anatomy background and having been in practice for so long he is VERY good at predicting the severity of athlete's injuries. I have never heard him be wrong, at least with professional athletes that I know of (obviously I'm not in there with him and the patient).

Dad says that Green's inury is very severe. Predicts he won't make it through the midway point of the season. My brother who is in chiropractic school says Green will be lucky to make it through the PRe-Season.

Now I have no doubt that Green will out perform Davenport and just about anyone else for that third RB spot, but if a Doctor is able to predict this so surely without having examined the patient, one has to think the medical staff is giving TT a similar prognosis. That is why I think we will go RB on Day 1.

I would hope that their medical staff would do their due dilligence before signing him. I am more comfortable with Davenport and a FA or late pick.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahman Green Reply with quote

msmre wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:

I would hope that their medical staff would do their due dilligence before signing him. I am more comfortable with Davenport and a FA or late pick.

For near Vet minimum's pay who cares? Also, Davenport is always banged up to. Personally, I think Fisher is teh best bet. But, I think TT and MM will get greddy when they see how well Green performs in August. Make no doubt about it, the man;s a competitor, and he will brign his A game to training camp.

LeRoy36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you guys trade down u may want to take DeAngelo because he fits the zone blocking system very well and i have heard that he is the likely pick if GB wants a RB in the 1st.
msmre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davenport has been banged up, but nothing career threatening. I am weary of Fisher as he has shown that he not capable of being a full time back.

If Green can spell Gado, then I would concentrate on fixing the line and the defense.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msmre wrote:
Davenport has been banged up, but nothing career threatening. I am weary of Fisher as he has shown that he not capable of being a full time back.

If Green can spell Gado, then I would concentrate on fixing the line and the defense.

I agree with you, that's number 1 priority, but I think somewhere along the way, you gotta pick up a RB, 3rd or 4th Round for example.

msmre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
msmre wrote:

I agree with you, that's number 1 priority, but I think somewhere along the way, you gotta pick up a RB, 3rd or 4th Round for example.

I think Jerious Norwood or Mike Bell in round 5ish would be fun.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not familiar with them, but isn't this class suppossed to be deep with RB's. A 5th Round pick might not be bad. One of them might turn out to be the next Terrell Davis.

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes another master mock, I defenetely look forward to reading it, like Msmre said I thing the doctors and physicians will check Green top to bottom before we resign him, if there's something wrong I don't think he gets signed, as far as the draft goes, a guy like Harrison, Henderson, Moore or Drew in round 4 wopuld make sense.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thanks for the insight and perspective.
What are the same chiropractors saying about Culpepper's injury or Palmer's? My point is that the NFL has some of the best people to handle these types of injuries and the recovery of some of these NFL athletes is incredble. If I tore all three liaments in my knee annd received medical attention for it; it wouldnt come close to what is being done for Culpepper.

Green suffered a ruptured quadriceps tendon. I dont know the history of this type of injury in football players, but am interested to know.

Articles on quad ruptures

http://www.pfats.com/pfatsinfo/membership/newsletters/pdf/PFATSWinter2002Newsletter.pdf
http://www.arthroscopy.com/quadrep.htm

Thanks to epackfan for the sig
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBOKOP wrote:
First of all thanks for the insight and perspective.
What are the same chiropractors saying about Culpepper's injury or Palmer's? My point is that the NFL has some of the best people to handle these types of injuries and the recovery of some of these NFL athletes is incredble. If I tore all three liaments in my knee annd received medical attention for it; it wouldnt come close to what is being done for Culpepper.

Green suffered a ruptured quadriceps tendon. I dont know the history of this type of injury in football players, but am interested to know.

Articles on quad ruptures

http://www.pfats.com/pfatsinfo/membership/newsletters/pdf/PFATSWinter2002Newsletter.pdf
http://www.arthroscopy.com/quadrep.htm

I don't know, honestly my dad works so much if a player doesn't play for GB he hasn't heard of 'em, I don't even know if he knows Culpepper or Plamer got hurt.

I know that the medical staff will let TT and MM know, my point is that is why they will draft someone as their insurance/RB of the future. If they thought he'd be healthy, it'd be dumb to draft someone.

perrynoid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
msmre wrote:

Wouldn't it be judicious to draft a FB with a late-round pick and move him to HB? After all, Davenport was the first FB drafted that year, and lasted until the 4th round. Also, most college FB's have better "measurables", especially size, than many HB's. Just a thought.
SterlingSharpe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have heard that Ahman Green injury will probably mean he will never be the same, plus he's getting old and has taken a beating. But, Curtis Martin was still great about 2 or 3 years older than what Ahman will be. Nonetheless, that injury is a killer. Good thing is we will be able to keep him cheap if we want to.

GADO is legit.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
Yossarian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're keeping him at a cheap rate, definitely I'd like to keep him. There are so many needs on defense, and so many possible cheaper solutions at running back that it just seems like a waste to use a first day pick on another one.
blacktower

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
Not familiar with them, but isn't this class suppossed to be deep with RB's. A 5th Round pick might not be bad. One of them might turn out to be the next Terrell Davis.

I believe your line makes good running backs great. Let's fix the line and we'll find the right running back if rb's are as you say, deep in this years draft.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: