Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AlexM's "What will Andy do?" Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexM23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: AlexM's "What will Andy do?" Mock Reply with quote

This is not what I want to happen, it's what I think will happen!

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford
2. Washington Redskins (via STL) - Robert Griffin III - QB - Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings – Matt Kalil – OT - USC
4. Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Morris Claiborne – CB - LSU
6. St. Louis Rams (via WAS) – Justin Blackmon – WR – Oklahoma State
*Could be different but it doesn't really matter.

TRADE ALERT
The Philadelphia Eagles trade picks #15, #46 and #88 to the Jacksonville Jaguars for pick #7

With a heap of picks and not many pressing needs Andy Reid has the opportunity to trade up to get “his guy”. After the top 6 came off the board as expected, Jacksonville was in a tough spot but the Eagles were more than happy to trade up, jumping 8 spots to ensure they get the one prospect they converted.

With the 7th overall pick… the Philadelphia Eagles select –

*Drumroll*

Melvin Ingram – DE – South Carolina

With speculation the Eagles were trading up for Ryan Tannehill (smokescreen) Andy Reid instead does what he so often does – build in the trenches. Melvin Ingram has Eagles target written all over him, he fits basically all the criteria that we have used with our first round picks in recent years:

Arrow Is an Offensive or Defensive lineman - Check
Arrow A player who we weren’t heavily linked to through-out the draft process - Check
Arrow Participated in the Senior Bowl - Check
Arrow And of course, good character and a high motor - Check

After a good senior bowl performance, impressive results in the combine drills (top 3 from the DL in both the 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drill and sixth best vertical jump amongst the DL), his pro-day performance was given an “A+” and also added value due to his versatility all add up to a player who probably isn't going to be available at pick 15.

He has gathered lots of interest from around the league, the Jets in particular who by all reports love Ingram.

Personally, I would not be a fan of this pick especially if we’re trading up to get Ingram. But he's a typical Andy Reid pick and with his job threatened there's a sense of urgency to go get his guy, giving up 2 extra picks in the process. I think he is a better fit as a 3-4 OLB but Ingram is extremely versatile, he can play DE, move inside to DT or even drop back into coverage. He would provide Jim Washburn and Juan Castillo with a weapon in the front-7 who they can move around, like we saw late in last season with the "joker" role as standing pass-rushers, something I think Ingram would be a good fit for. And in obvious pass situations he could kick inside as a DT. But as an every down DE I think Ingram is going to struggle, he’s 6’1 and has 31” arms and from what I have seen he did not generate consistent pressure off the edge against OT’s at South Carolina.

From a realism standpoint I think this is a pretty accurate pick. As I said before, he ticks all of the boxes that we have looked for in the first round… obviously the check list doesn't guarantee that he'll be our pick but predicting what we will take in the 1st is usually a crap shoot so finding some sort of pattern makes it a lot clearer. Just by process of elimination – Michael Floyd, Ryan Tannehill, Michael Brockers and Dontari Poe all have been brought in for work-outs so we can forget about them. Neither Brandon Graham or Danny Watkins was brought in for workouts prior to the draft.

Alabama SS Mark Barron has become somewhat of a popular pick for the Eagles but after investing a second round pick into the SS position last year there’s a very small chance we take him. Dont'a Hightower Luke Kuchley are both LB'ers, which rules them out. So really we're down to what I think are three legit candidates - DE Melvin Ingram, DE Courtney Upshaw and DT Fletcher Cox. We could use a UT for the future but I have no faith in Howie or Andy taking a guy who they have been heavily linked prior to the draft. I think Upshaw is kind of under the radar as a prospect the Eagles would be after and could fit as a Wide-9 so I wouldn't rule him out but my gut feeling says Ingram over Upshaw he has those short arms and thick build Andy loves in his DL guys.

TRADE ALERT
The Philadelphia Eagles trades pick #51 to the St Louis Rams for picks #65 and #96

Trades in the first round are hard enough to predict, it becomes even more difficult from the second round onwards, but I think after giving up a lot to get Melvin Ingram Andy and Howie will look to get some more picks later in the draft like we have done so often in the past.

Before this trade we were without a 3rd round pick, which is usually AR’s round for trolling and taking players from completely out of left field. Our trade partner isn’t St Louis for any particular reason but with reports that Trent Richardson is their top prospect, there’s a good chance they will miss out on him at pick 6 and Jeff Fisher targets David Wilson, Doug Martin or Lamar Miller in the second round.

Round 3, Pick #65… the Philadelphia Eagles (via STL) select –

Nate Potter – OT – Boise State

Even though we signed Demettus Bell and brought back King Dunlap there’s some concerns about both. Bell’s health is a question mark and obviously there are doubts about whether or not Dunlap can be a full-time starter. Nate Potter is an athletic tackle that fits what Howard Mudd likes, Potter will be groomed as a replacement OT down the track.

Round 4, Pick #96… the Philadelphia Eagles (via STL) select –

Ryan Broyles – WR - Oklahoma

Couldn’t resist putting in a prospect that has an ACL injury. Laughing Broyles was extremely productive for the Sooners, if he didn’t get injured he probably would have been a second round pick.

Even though we locked up DeSean long term, behind our two starters there isn't much depth or talent... Steve Smith was a waste of a signing, Jason Avant is average and a fumble machine and Riley Cooper is nothing special. Provided he fully recovers from his injury, I think Broyles would be a great player underneath for Vick to throw who can hopefully take snaps away from Avant.

Round 4, #114… the Philadelphia Eagles select –

Omar Bolden – CB – Arizona State

Two prospects coming off ACL’s in a row I know I know lol, but we have brought Bolden in for a work out already and with Asante not coming back we need another CB.

I think Curtis Marsh will take a step forward this season, he’s got all the tools to be a good CB under Todd Bowels but he’s still unproven. Apart part from Joselio (who is old and let’s face it not very good) we don’t even anyone who can play in the slot. Bolden can play either inside or outside, he's a good athlete that Bowels can hopefully develop into a starter down the track across from DRC.

Round 5, #153… the Philadelphia Eagles select –

Emmanuel Acho – LB – Texas

Was in my last mock draft, seems like a guy the Eagles would go after due to his intangibles and leadership qualities. I don’t think we’ll have another major upgrade to our LB corps this season going with Rolle – Ryan – Chaney as our starting 3 guys. But we still lack talent and depth, especially at MIKE even if we did add Ryans who’s behind him? Acho isn’t a great athlete but is a smart, instinctive sure tackler.

Round 6, #172… the Philadelphia Eagles select –
Tauren Poole– RB – Tennessee

After the Ronnie Brown experiment failed and he wasn't brought back we are left a bit short at RB. Dion Lewis wasn’t much of a return man but we pretty impressive out of the back field, I think we will go into the season with him behind McCoy but we need some depth.

I was going for realism with this mock but Poole is someone that I actually really hope we bring in, he can play behind a ZBS and is a capable pass blocker who should be able to play as a 3rd down back. I could still see us bringing in a vet back but Poole comes in and competes with… uh Graig Cooper(?) for the the 3rd spot on the depth chart.

Round 6, #194… the Philadelphia Eagles (via DEN) select –

Winston Guy Jr. – S – Kentucky

Replacement for Colt Anderson who tore his knee up last season, Guy is a decent all-round safety prospect who isn’t a guy you would trust deep with DeSean but solid enough range and a willing tackler. I'm actually a pretty big fan of his, so I think getting him in the 6th would be great value. And he should be able to contribute on special teams right away.

Round 6, #200… the Philadelphia Eagles (via NE) select –

Derek Dennis – OG – Temple

Local guy who we have shown an interest in, bigger than your usual Howard Mudd lineman that has some intriguing upside to work with. At 325 he moves surprisingly well for his size, he has some technical flaws but worth a shot this late in the draft due to his potential. Dennis started at all positions on the OL apart from C, he’ll come into camp and compete for a roster spot with Vendervelde(sp?).

QB – Michael Vick – Mike Kafka – Trent Edwards
RB – LeSean McCoy – Dion Lewis – Tauren Poole
FB – Stanly Havili
WR – DeSean Jackson – Jeremy Maclin – Jason Avant – Riley Cooper – Mardy Gilyard
TE – Brent Celek – Clay Harbor
LT – Demetress Bell – King Dunlap
LG – Evan Mathis – Mike Gibson
C – Jason Kelce –
RG – Danny Watkins – Julian Vendervelde
RT – Todd Heramans – Nate Potter

RE – Trent Cole – Daryl Tapp – Philip Hunt
NT – Mike Patterson – Antonio Dixon
UT – Cullen Jenkins – Derek Landri
LE – Jason Babin – Melvin Ingram – Brandon Graham

WILL – Brian Rolle – Casey Matthews – Keenan Clayton
MIKE – Demeco RyansEmmanuel Acho
SAM – Jamar Chaney – Akeem Jordan

RCB – Nnamdi Asomugha – Joselio Hanson – Omar Boldin
FS – Nate Allen – Kurt Coleman
SS – Jaiquawn Jarrett – Winston Guy Jr.
LCB – Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – Curtis Marsh

K – Alex Henery
P – Chas Henry
LS – Jon Dorenbos

PUP – Colt Anderson and Ryan Broyles
IR – Jason Peters

Kiltman on the sig
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to Ingram, he sucks!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE for the eagles to select INGRAM he's a monster, I like that pick 100%.
EaglesFly58High

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just puked. Please no

Trent Cole (5th Round Pick #146) Career Stats - 396 Solo Tackles, 16 Forced Fumbles, 79 Sacks, 2x Pro Bowler
PSN-KnOWn-X // Twitter-EaglesFlyHigh11
AlexM23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFly58High wrote:
I just puked. Please no

Yeah I would be pretty underwhelmed by this haul but it's just my prediction for the next 3 days. Smile

Kiltman on the sig
EaglesFly58High

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
EaglesFly58High wrote:
I just puked. Please no

Yeah I would be pretty underwhelmed by this haul but it's just my prediction for the next 3 days. Smile

I hope your wrong no offense.

Trent Cole (5th Round Pick #146) Career Stats - 396 Solo Tackles, 16 Forced Fumbles, 79 Sacks, 2x Pro Bowler
AlexM23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ None taken.

Kiltman on the sig
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even IF Ingram was Andy's guy, why trade up all the way to 7 to take him when most likely he will fall out of top 10???

I like most of the other picks, just doesn't make sense to trade to reach for Ingram. Andy would have to be pretty dumb... Oh wait. Mad

TommyC376 on the Sig
AlexM23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Even IF Ingram was Andy's guy, why trade up all the way to 7 to take him when most likely he will fall out of top 10???

I like most of the other picks, just doesn't make sense to trade to reach for Ingram.

There's a few teams I could see take him... the Jets could trade up for him, Panthers at 8 or Seattle at 12 via trade up, he's a great fit for their LEO role.

Kiltman on the sig
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:

I like most of the other picks, just doesn't make sense to trade to reach for Ingram.

There's a few teams I could see take him... the Jets could trade up for him, Panthers at 8 or Seattle at 12 via trade up, he's a great fit for their LEO role.

Both Panthers and Seattle have bigger needs than a DE/OLB. Panthers need a DT more than anything. They have Johnson and Hardy at DE who are young and been productive. Seattle had Barrett Ruud, the worst starting MLB last year, as there MLB right now. They don't really need a DE, cause they have Clemons, resigned Bryant, and also signed Jason Jones. Ingram will fall out of the Top 10 IMO.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Alex but for the sake of the franchise I hope youre wrong! Lol Dude I was sooo excited but seeing that we might draft Ingram just killed my mood! I think he's a really good player but I PRAY TO GOD we dont take him!

I like Potter though and Broyles as well, Would not be mad with those two!

I wanna see what you would do if you drafted for us!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:

Both Panthers and Seattle have bigger needs than a DE/OLB. Panthers need a DT more than anything. They have Johnson and Hardy at DE who are young and been productive. Seattle had Barrett Ruud, the worst starting MLB last year, as there MLB right now. They don't really need a DE, cause they have Clemons, resigned Bryant, and also signed Jason Jones. Ingram will fall out of the Top 10 IMO.

Depends if the Panthers view him as BPA in that situation, I think Cox would be the best pick for them and I completely forgot about Hardy. As good as Clemons has been he is 30+ now and Ingram is a great fit for the Seahawks who could use some more passrush.

Like I said in the OP pretty much every thing prior to the draft has worked his way to improve his draft stock. I just don't think that someone that versatile (he can play 3-4 and 4-3) will fall out of the top 10

Kiltman on the sig
AlexM23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock_#5 wrote:
Good stuff Alex but for the sake of the franchise I hope youre wrong! Lol Dude I was sooo excited but seeing that we might draft Ingram just killed my mood! I think he's a really good player but I PRAY TO GOD we dont take him!

Hah i was thinking that myself, but you have to go with your gut right? Ingram would be much better off in a 3-4 from what I have seen.

Rock_#5 wrote:

Well I was thinking about throwing something like this together before the big day(s), you've inspired me now Very Happy

Kiltman on the sig
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
Rock_#5 wrote:

Hah i was thinking that myself, but you have to go with your gut right? Ingram would be much better off in a 3-4 from what I have seen.

Rock_#5 wrote:

Well I was thinking about throwing something like this together before the big day(s), you've inspired me now Very Happy

The one thing you got going for you is very little contact between the Eagles and Ingram, I think just at the Senior Bowl maybe. Which is often the case with whom they draft. I'm not a fan of us grabbing him, especially of giving up all that to draft him.

I'd be underwhelmed to say the least if this is what we did, but it wouldn't surprise me if it does happen.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
EaglesFly58High

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:

I see no reason to trade up also. I think if we want him he'll fall right into our laps. I think the jets might get him though with us passing on him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: