Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time for the O-Line!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do we want Max Jean-Giles?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Time for the O-Line! Reply with quote

Okay People safety is our number one concern but every part of our offensive line is tied for #2. We need a center, a guard, and tackles people. Lets here some Ideas. Who do you think we want and in what round can we get him?

Oh yeah, Ive got a question for scar. Whats wrong with max Jean-Giles? You like my rashad butler pick in 5th round and he's taller then max. hes 6-5 and jeangiles is 6-4. I thought that height was the reason that you said he didn't fit our scheme... obviously its not. what is it?

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for the O-Line! Reply with quote

MadAtFalcons wrote:
Okay People safety is our number one concern but every part of our offensive line is tied for #2. We need a center, a guard, and tackles people. Lets here some Ideas. Who do you think we want and in what round can we get him?

Oh yeah, Ive got a question for scar. Whats wrong with max Jean-Giles? You like my rashad butler pick in 5th round and he's taller then max. hes 6-5 and jeangiles is 6-4. I thought that height was the reason that you said he didn't fit our scheme... obviously its not. what is it?

weight and quickness. JEan-Gilles is 360 pounds and slow off the line. he doesn't fit our scheme because of that. Butler is great because he is 310 or under and 6'5" or under... he also is extremely quick and played in a zone blockign scheme at Miami as well. we like guys who are 6'5" 310 or less and very quick off the line. the 6'5" or shorter is more because of Vick than anyone else though.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
alabama_man7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we get a lineman on the 1st day its going to be Daryn Colledge.
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for the O-Line! Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:

weight and quickness. JEan-Gilles is 360 pounds and slow off the line. he doesn't fit our scheme because of that. Butler is great because he is 310 or under and 6'5" or under... he also is extremely quick and played in a zone blockign scheme at Miami as well. we like guys who are 6'5" 310 or less and very quick off the line. the 6'5" or shorter is more because of Vick than anyone else though.
you do realize that the lightes OG in the draft is dan stevenson of ND, everyone else is above 300. max jean-giles' 40 time is 5.50, everyone else is abouve 5.00 the quickest is 5.12. so if we want to get a guard in this draft, hes the best, and the strongest...

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for the O-Line! Reply with quote

MadAtFalcons wrote:
scar988 wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:

you do realize that the lightes OG in the draft is dan stevenson of ND, everyone else is above 300. max jean-giles' 40 time is 5.50, everyone else is abouve 5.00 the quickest is 5.12. so if we want to get a guard in this draft, hes the best, and the strongest...

and what you don't get is that our line is not based on strength. it is based on speed, flexibility and quickness. Jean Gilles is the slowest OG i nthe draft. guys like Travis LEffew who played Tackle in College may very well eb picked ot be guards for us. guys like Setterstrom will be a good pick for a guard for us. the smallest guards this year are 295. the biggest is the 360 Jean-gilles. Jean-Gilles is the worst fit in the draft for our scheme and please quit with the UGA homerism because MCKay will nto draft him or Blue. Stephenson is too tall for vick... ideally these guards are who we woudl look at:
Mark Setterstrom (4th round)
Rob Sims (4th round)
Fred Matua (5th round)
Will Montgomery (6th round)
Rob Smith (7th round)
Aaron Lips (UDFA)
Nate Livings (UDFA)
Tony Tella (7th round-UDFA)
Robin Meadow (UDFA)
Chris Kuper (UDFA)
Travis Leffew (7th as a guard but would be a backup tackle as well)
also I said it was a 310 as the highest. not 300. there are a lot of guys in this years draft who fit our scheme and Jean Gilles doesn't come close. so please just drop it.

MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for the O-Line! Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:
scar988 wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:

and what you don't get is that our line is not based on strength. it is based on speed, flexibility and quickness. Jean Gilles is the slowest OG i nthe draft. guys like Travis LEffew who played Tackle in College may very well eb picked ot be guards for us. guys like Setterstrom will be a good pick for a guard for us. the smallest guards this year are 295. the biggest is the 360 Jean-gilles. Jean-Gilles is the worst fit in the draft for our scheme and please quit with the UGA homerism because MCKay will nto draft him or Blue. Stephenson is too tall for vick... ideally these guards are who we woudl look at:
Mark Setterstrom (4th round)
Rob Sims (4th round)
Fred Matua (5th round)
Will Montgomery (6th round)
Rob Smith (7th round)
Aaron Lips (UDFA)
Nate Livings (UDFA)
Tony Tella (7th round-UDFA)
Robin Meadow (UDFA)
Chris Kuper (UDFA)
Travis Leffew (7th as a guard but would be a backup tackle as well)
also I said it was a 310 as the highest. not 300. there are a lot of guys in this years draft who fit our scheme and Jean Gilles doesn't come close. so please just drop it.

fred matua and/or will montgomery I would be very happy with. theyre both solid guards. matua is one of my favorite o-lineman in the draft. the trojans had best offense in ncaa, and its pretty hard to do that w/o a very good o-line. Okay, if we want fast and small lineman then ill acknowledge that we dont want jeangiles. you dont have to be like "so please just drop it"

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
fred matua and/or will montgomery I would be very happy with. theyre both solid guards. matua is one of my favorite o-lineman in the draft. the trojans had best offense in ncaa, and its pretty hard to do that w/o a very good o-line. Okay, if we want fast and small lineman then ill acknowledge that we dont want jeangiles. you dont have to be like "so please just drop it"

sorry bout that... I get heated when I argue sometimes... I was just saying pressing a player ot be a falcon who basically won't be one unless we have a drastic change in scheme is not very realistic.

MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Quote:

sorry bout that... I get heated when I argue sometimes... I was just saying pressing a player ot be a falcon who basically won't be one unless we have a drastic change in scheme is not very realistic.

no problem actually, I do that too. I understand what your saying now.

[Shiver]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only day one Guard that remotely fits the Gibbs scheme is Davin Joseph of Oklahoma. He is 6-2 305 and pretty athletic and can block on the move. Outside of that, no one else is worth a look until day two. Gibbs was actually talked to at the Senior Bowl regarding Gilles and said the following "he doesn't fit in with what we want to do"

I doubt the team drafts a lineman on day one. This is a deep draft and players that fit the ZBS will be there in the 4th and 5th rounds, where they can develop on the bench as depth.
TheIncomparable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was also talk that the Falcons are interested in Charles Spencer, the Guard from Pitt who had a terrific Senior Bowl for the most part. While he is larger than the usual G in a Gibbs scheme, he has the agility, speed, & quickness to get the job done in our system. He could be our second round pick if he is still on the board and if our FO sees the LG position as a big enough problem.

Props to Scar for the sweetest sig on the site!
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIncomparable wrote:
There was also talk that the Falcons are interested in Charles Spencer, the Guard from Pitt who had a terrific Senior Bowl for the most part. While he is larger than the usual G in a Gibbs scheme, he has the agility, speed, & quickness to get the job done in our system. He could be our second round pick if he is still on the board and if our FO sees the LG position as a big enough problem.
How early would we have to get him? I think we should take matua, hes my new crusade. Hes an awesome guard, part of that fantastic USC offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: