Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My First Jets Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BATCHAMP2000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: My First Jets Mock Reply with quote

I've been playing around with this for a while now, constantly making changes and things. I figured I'd share and get some feedback on the availability of players where I have them and such.

Trade John Abraham somewhere. I haven't though out what we should do with him but he more then likely will not be back next year. Some have the Jets packaging him with picks for a first rounder and things but we will get at least a 2nd rounder for him so I added a 2nd round pick to this mock.

1st Round
DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis

D'Brick could deffinitely be the pick here but I love what Williams has done. The Jets have their RB of the future in this guy. Whether we trade down and get him or take him at #4, I want the Jets to draft Williams somehow.

2nd Round (#36)
Jon Scott, OT, Texas

May be a little unrealistic but I have seen in a lot of places that he will fall to the 2nd round. If he does this pick is a steal for the Jets. If he does fall we just have to hope that he get past the Texans. If he's not available this draft can go many different ways. Maybe Jean-Gilles, Spencer, or Joseph here and the Best Available OT with the Jets second 2nd round pick.

2nd Round (John Abraham's pick)
Nick Mangold, C, Ohio St.

The Jets pick up their successor to Mawae and they do so by getting the best center in the draft.

3rd Round
Davin Joseph, OG, Oklahoma

Solid Guard from a team who had one of the most dominant offensive lines in the country. May not be available here. He could be drafted by the Jets in the 2nd if Mangold is not available. Other options at OG for this pick could be Jason Spitz from Louisville or Deuce Lutui from USC (might be gone also)

4th Round
Anwar Phillips, CB, Penn St.

Good pick in the 4th for the Jets. Will be the Jets dimeback and could step in if anyone struggles or goes down. Always has been overlooked by teammate Alan Zemaitis

4th Round (From K.C.)
Oliver Hoyte, ILB, North Carolina St.

The Jets get a guy with good size and with good potential. Was a leader on a top ranked NC State Defense. Had big games against his best competition. 13 tackles against Ohio St. and 11 against Virginia Tech.

4th Round (Comp. Pick)
Clint Ingram, OLB, Oklahoma

The Jets add some depth at Linebacker. Has tools to work with and has a good shot at making it in the NFL. Could be a steal on day 2.

5th Round
Montavious Stanley, DT, Louisville

I don't know much about this year's DT class outside of the top few prospects so I'm kind of picking in the dark here. From what I have read on him, he has the size to play NT in the 3-4. Not exactly sure where he is projected to be drafted though.

6th Round
Troy Reddick, OT, Auburn

The Jets add some depth to the offensive line with this pick. Not exactly sure where Reddick is expected to be drafted but if he's available, I like the pick.

6th Round (Comp. Pick)
Troy Bienemann, TE, Washington St.

Has the tools to develop into a starter. Has good size and decent speed. Great hands and is a threat in the red zone. Great at moving the chains. If T.J. Williams is available here he may be a better pick. Not sure where Williams is expected to go though.

7th Round
Cody Douglas, OG, Tennessee

Some more added depth for the offensive line. He's a team leader and gives a full effort at all times. Could be a solid backup at Guard.

7th Round (Comp. Pick)
Matt Trannon, WR, Michigan St.

Take a page out of Spiel's book and trust him on this pick.

Free Agent targets: Tom Ashworth, Kerry Collins

Overall, maybe a little bit unrealistic with what seems like a lot of steals but I don't think that it's too unrealistic.
peelout142

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abes replacement?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peelout142 wrote:
abes replacement?

Do you know who bryan thomas is, and what round we choice him in, oh and the fact he had more sacks then ellis in a limited time last year?
jvilma51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
peelout142 wrote:
abes replacement?

Do you know who bryan thomas is, and what round we choice him in, oh and the fact he had more sacks then ellis in a limited time last year?

if we give him time and a chance to, bryan thomas WILL shine

Props to jgoldiscool
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Bryan Thomas play OLB in the 3-4? Is he fast enough to be a tweener?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: