Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Curtis Martin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeJetsWord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Curtis Martin Reply with quote

Curtis Martin has about 1150 yards to go before he is #3 on the All-Time NFL Rushing List. Despite not having a great year, mostly because of a nagging leg injury and an O-Line that couldn't block anything all year long, I still think he could reach that #3 spot. Maybe it won't happen this year, but depending on how we draft it could still be a possibility.

What Do you guys think?

Future of the New York Jets.

"DeAngelo or Bust In 2006."
BATCHAMP2000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great if he could get into the top 3. It's possible for him to get it next year, depending on how the Jets draft. No matter what, he should be able to get it over the next 2 years.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curtis doesn't want to leave this game, he loves it to much. But we know his production and his involvement with the Jets offense will go down in the next two years.

Let's hope by that 2nd year Curtis will be the mirror image of Jerome Bettis. Career low year, but going out on top with a ring. Maybe the Super Bowl should be played in Pittsburgh that year--after all Martin went to college there.
MikeJetsWord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel, exactly like what it says on your sig, do you think its possible that Curtis Martin without a Super Bowl Ring?

I think he should just because he deserves it, he is such a class act and a really consistent player as well.

Future of the New York Jets.

"DeAngelo or Bust In 2006."

Last edited by MikeJetsWord on Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
jvilma51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if we draft dbrick and gean-giles this year, i think martin can produce some decent numbers, if he gets the main carries he can put up 1000 yards

last year he put up seven hundred and he missed a few games AND his line was ALL MESSED UP last year

wat duz that say?

Props to jgoldiscool
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he is much more underrated then Bettis he will have a tough time being a 1st ballot vote even though he deserves it.

Class act, model of consistency, before this season hadn't missed a game in god knows how long, oldest player to win a rushing title, 4th and potentially 3rd all time rushing leader, yet at the same time completely underrated. Never given any credit. He has better stats then Bettis in two less years.

Of course the fact is that people don't know him because he doesn't have a nickname like "The Bus." I mean "My Favorite" is known to Jets fans, but not really other fans as much.

In the end I think it is possible he will get snubbed from the Hall of Fame, but that in all likelihood he will get there, even if it isn't 1st ballot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: