Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AFC Title Tilt GDT -- Heinz Field, 1/23 - 6:30 pm
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite song about Jets?
Jet Airliner by Steve Miller Band
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Benny and the Jets by Elton John
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 27

Irish 11

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: AFC Title Tilt GDT -- Heinz Field, 1/23 - 6:30 pm Reply with quote

41st Annual AFC Championship Game

vs

Last meeting:
Jets 22 - Steelers 17 (12/19/10)

Last playoff meeting:
Steelers 20 - Jets 17 OT (1/15/04)

All-time record vs Jets:
16-4, but the Steelers have lost the last two games (16-19, 11/18/07)

Game Keys:
Two words. Pressure and Turnovers. The Steelers must get pressure on Mark Sanchez and force him into mistakes. When he misses, he misses high -- good news for Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu playing center field in this contest. The Steelers recorded just one sack in the regular season meeting. Tomlinson is known to spit the bit in the playoffs. I think he coughs one up during this contest. As in every game, ball security is paramount for the Steelers.

Steelers Areas of Strength:
Run stopping. Veteran playoff experience. Quarterback. The Steelers will shut the run down. They won't be overwhelmed by the moment. If a QB needs to make a play, I'll take our guy every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Steelers Areas of Weakness:
Offensive line. Kick Coverage. You know it, I know it. If the Steelers are undone this post season it will be in large part due to one of these two areas. The offensive tackle situation is a mess. Though, the interior of the line seems to have gelled a bit in recent weeks. In the early part of the season, the team seemed to have sorted out the coverage issues. Not so in recent weeks. In fact, the big problems seemed to have started in week 15 against the Jets when Brad Smith returned the opening kickoff for a TD.

Other Areas of Concern:
Officiating. Situational Offensive Play Calling. Steelers Discipline. The first two items need no explanation. For the last, it is imperative that the Steelers play smart. Ryan Clark was flagged for a PF in the first meeting that led to a TD. Kemo committed a boneheaded PF in the Ravens game last week. The Steelers have a target on them this year from the officials. They don't need to give the zebras any additional reasons to flag them.

Key Steelers:

I chose one Steeler from each level of the defense. This is the defense's game. They can't win if they can't score. Limit them to Nick Folk field goal tries and the Black and Gold will be taking over Dallas, Texas the first week of February.

Last edited by Irish 11 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:30 am; edited 4 times in total
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleve you mean 1/23?

Hastily making a GDT at 3 a.m. will do that to you Laughing
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please beat the Jets. I am so tired of them trash talking.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure the city officials and vendors are very happy! So far im sure its been a very profitable year (AND only 3 weeks into it)! First the Winter Classic and now 2 Steelers play off games!

Ok back to the game; i hope we get sweet revenge from the regular season game! Hopefully all was learned from the mistakes!

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Ok back to the game; i hope we get sweet revenge from the regular season game! Hopefully all was learned from the mistakes!

Should be a much better game with Troy playing and provided we get officials who aren't wearing a Sanchez jersey under their zebra strips.

Speaking of Troy, is it me, or was Saturday game quite possibly the worst game he's played since his rookie year? Maybe I'm being harsh, but I thought he was just God awful; by any standards.
GridironWarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God Heath Miller is back so we don't have to see Spaeth dropping passes again. Steelers win by 10.
xjayex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont wanna say anything but......

13-9 Pittsburgh.

The one td comes from Ben on the last drive of the game dismantling the Jets D picking us up from a 9-6 deficit.
C$!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying the Steelers will walk all over the Jets in this game, but I can see a bit of a let down for them, especially on D because they are emotionally drained. I mean vs. the Colts all the talk was how Manning was 5-1 vs Rex Ryan. That was personal!
Then vs the Pats it was all about the 45-3 loss and the Pats Jets rivalry. Again PERSONAL!
This week, they have no real issue to rally around. I'm not saying they NEED one, but it seems that against the Colts and Pats they had extra motivation to shut up their critics.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key to this game is can the Steelers rookie WR keep playing at a high level. I think Worilds needs to be active and dress this game because the Steelers are going to need him on special teams.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Big Ben had a big game against the Jets after the Jets beat arguably the 2 best QBs of all time? The under-rated Roethlisberger does something 2 of the best couldn't do, beat the J.E.T.S.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to dress at least one more OLineman.

We were in panic mode the other night.
Pipes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers and Jets came through for me! I'm gonna be in da house screaming my lungs out on Sunday night!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GridironWarrior wrote:
Thank God Heath Miller is back so we don't have to see Spaeth dropping passes again.

Ah! That's right! I forgot that he missed the game against the Jets. Totally slipped my mind.
waffles7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
GridironWarrior wrote:
Thank God Heath Miller is back so we don't have to see Spaeth dropping passes again.

Ah! That's right! I forgot that he missed the game against the Jets. Totally slipped my mind.

It slipped mine too. I forgot until last night.I just didnt want to admit it but since you did too I dont feel as stupid Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you imagine the outcome if that was Heath back there in the endzone against the Jets? This game is going to tell us a lot about the Steelers as a team. What kind of mental fortitude do they have? What kind of moxy do they have? Because the Jets are a confident bunch that believes they are the better team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. I was worried the game would be on Saturday when I'm working Laughing

So pumped for this. Only 6 more days!!

Not your typical Vikings anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: